Chad Henne doesn't want your appology, but he deserves it. Man up and eat your crow.
245 replies
"SICK wrote:
11 games into a 16 gme season and the stats are inflated? lol ok dude.
Henne played good the titan game off the bench as well. so this has been more than 1 good game. Hes showed after this benching, even with a injury and without his top WR he has what it takes.
henne played good more then one game but lets not act like this isn't the ****ing raiders. Calling out people for this is bs.
thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs. 

Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.
"Sethdaddy8 wrote:
than thats a inflated stat. the raiders are bad. like i said, i like henne. i still have hope for him. but to bring up the crow thing after one game? every week the opposing sides do the same thing, and its hilarious. if we lose, and henne has a bad game...get the crow pics off google images ready.
i will say, henne threw a bad int in our end zone, and his pocket presence needs to get waaaay better. and it actually did by the end of the game. he took a sack today, that took us outta field goal range. we cant do that against any team worth a salt.
Dude, how do you get inflated passing yard stats against a top 5 passing defense? Henne earned those yards, they sure as hell didn't come during garbage time.
"the 23rd wrote:
anyone who thinks Henne created a Franchise Entitlement in today's game did not watch the same game I was watching. I counted four passes that were on the money & countess over-thrown, under-thrown & thrown just plain badly & this is as good as it gets with this guy.
bull****
thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs. 

Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.
"the 23rd wrote:
anyone who thinks henne created a franchise entitlement in today's game did not watch the same game i was watching. i counted four passes that were on the money & countess over-thrown, under-thrown & thrown just plain badly & this is as good as it gets with this guy.
lol
"unluckyluciano wrote:
henne played good more then one game but lets not act like this isn't the ****ing raiders. Calling out people for this is bs.
Raiders have the #3 pass defense in the league.
Co-Host of the Welcome to Perfectville Podcast

"SICK wrote:
Raiders have the #3 pass defense in the league.
and their pass rush? and run defense? not to mention they are 18th in points allowed sooooooooooo
thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs. 

Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
Not being alone doesn't make it true. Fans do not know as much about play calling as they would like to believe. Especially if they believe that passing is more aggressive than running.
Don't be an ******* man, if you want to talk Dolphins I am there, but if you want to insult my football intelligence you can kiss off.
Running the football on 3rd down or any down as much as we do when we are in field goal rage is not being aggressive enough.

"unluckyluciano wrote:
and their pass rush? and run defense? not to mention they are 18th in points allowed sooooooooooo
Henne can only play against the pass defense. the #3 pass defense. he had a hell've a game. thats what i am saying. its not "the ****ing raiders"
Give them credit.
Co-Host of the Welcome to Perfectville Podcast

"SICK wrote:
Henne can only play against the pass defense. the #3 pass defense. he had a hell've a game. thats what i am saying. its not "the ****ing raiders"
Give them credit.
I'm giving them credit. Where did I not give anyone no credit? And you know damn well the rush game can set up the pass game. Stop playing. It is the ****ign raiders. It was a good win, but we didn't beat the ravens.
thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs. 

Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.
Henne despite the stupid Wildthig and conservative play calling the second half played a very good game. The INt was bad, but thank goodness he was back under center for this one.
I'm sure he will have spells of bad plays the rest of the year, but he is our future and earned some respect today, and he was getting hammered in the game after passes, but kept on ticking.


"SICK wrote:
Thank god, even though i saw the quoted post. HAHA Whata joke.
I`ve thought about putting him on ignoe too, but the comedy is just to good to pass up.

Henne couldn't move today and still stood in the pocket and made some great throws.
We could have put up 50 but blown opportunities
Henne is the guy folks..... Never bench him again

the colors are playful but meaningless. take the time to read the post
anyone who thinks Henne created a Franchise Entitlement in today's game did not watch the same game I was watching. I counted four passes that were on the money & countess over-thrown, under-thrown & thrown just plain badly & this is as good as it gets with this guy.he didn't lead this team to victory, he followed as Miami rolled over the Raiders.get a grip, next year we'll have another hero under center
it is what it is. a good night for Miami, a very bad night for the Raiders & more of the same from Henne.
- Competition is the Elixir of Success -
"the 23rd wrote:
anyone who thinks Henne created a Franchise Entitlement in today's game did not watch the same game I was watching. I counted four passes that were on the money & countess over-thrown, under-thrown & thrown just plain badly & this is as good as it gets with this guy.he didn't lead this team to victory, he followed as Miami rolled over the Raiders.get a grip, next year we'll have another hero under center
I don't think anyone is saying he solidified himself as the future today. At least they shouldn't be. He's got to put together multiple good games to inspire that sort of confidence.
But considering today's circumstances -- busted knee, issues with pass pro, injuries at WR, issues with playcalls, being yanked repeatedly -- I would have to strongly disagree with the rest of this post. I thought he had a solid game overall. Definitely a step in the right direction.
Oakland is an inconsistent team, but they've been pretty good defensively overall. Our WR's were beating their DB's (including Asomungha) and Henne was hitting them.
Make the throwback uniforms permanent!
"the 23rd wrote:
the colors are playful but meaningless. take the time to read the post
anyone who thinks Henne created a Franchise Entitlement in today's game did not watch the same game I was watching. I counted four passes that were on the money & countess over-thrown, under-thrown & thrown just plain badly & this is as good as it gets with this guy.he didn't lead this team to victory, he followed as Miami rolled over the Raiders.get a grip, next year we'll have another hero under center
it is what it is. a good night for Miami, a very bad night for the Raiders & more of the same from Henne.
300+ is far from the same.
thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs. 

Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.
You're actually crazy if that's your analysis. I'm sorry.
Do you want a Sanchize to call your own?
fooball.
futbol.
hockey.
"NJFINSFAN1 wrote:
The INT was bad, but he played a very good game.
I am not saying he didn't play a good game. He did play well. However he did leave some points on the field.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
Keep the posts respectful and not personal please.
I do not want to delete any more.
Thank you
Make the throwback uniforms permanent!
Chad Henne made his bones today.
There was blood in the water.
:crapstrom::drink:

it was a great game:dolphin:
- Competition is the Elixir of Success -
"Killerphins wrote:
Chad Henne made his bones today.
There was blood in the water.
:crapstrom::drink:
Friend Killerphins:
you have a great sense of humor
- Competition is the Elixir of Success -
He was good today, particularly given the circumstances but this wasn't an overwhelming performance. He was good, not great.
When a performance like today's becomes routine as it is for good qb's then perhaps we'll have our qb. If he does this 5 more times then I'll be ready to give him real praise
I'm not at all a Henne basher but damn that. He does not deserve an appolgy from one game. He needs to keep playing well and stop throwing into triple coverages near the red zone.
http://images.thephins.com/signaturepics/sigpic83_3.gif
"brandon27 wrote:
I've said all along we never shoulda benched him. Hell of a game for Henne today on a bummed knee. That's the kind of game that can really boost a young QB's career, especially with his teammates. To put up those numbers, with the injury, and a still sort of banged up O-line. Those are the kind of games that spark young QB's careers, and really boost a team's confidence in their young QB. Even the INT today, sure, a poor decision, but you have to sort of admire the courage he displayed to stand in there, try and make a play and take a big shot. Would have liked to see him throw that away, and he normally does, but at least he was trying to be more aggressive which is what most of the haters want from him.
Would really love to see him, and the rest of the team take that next step today. It's the kind of win that should really help the team do that.
I think it's definitely a confidence booster for Henne and the team--especially the team's faith in Chad Henne. I have no doubt they respect his toughness and the way he's handled this injury and playing through it. However, it's another thing to actually go out onto the field and believe he's going to win games for you. Today I think he helped that cause.
The INT no matter how you want to dress it up was a horrible decision and a ball that should have never been thrown. I don't agree with your ideology about him standing tall in the pocket and respecting it at all. Those 3 points, maybe 7, are very big in these types of games and on the road. It's the same for QBs that try for the extra yard and wind up fumbling--no respect points earned from me because you've lost the ball. I'd much rather him throw it away and get down, than stand in there try and make a play and wind up costing the team.
He made so many other good plays though that the INT didn't play into the outcome. He did have a very nice game today. He did it on the bad knee and with some receivers that he hasn't spent a lot of time with, a banged up offensive line, and a really difficult gameplan for any QB--being switched with another QB coming on and off the field. Yet, he had a feel for the game and played very well.
I supported the change to Pennington. I thought it was the right move then and thought it was the right move now. A change needed to be made because we weren't scoring points, particularly in the redzone. Not much changed that today, but that doesn't take anything away from the absolutely great throws he made and the plays made by his receivers. Now that move didn't work out for Pennington, and most fans think it wasn't a success because it lasted only 2 plays, but I think it was. Chad Henne's last two games have been very good. There is no doubt in my mind that's due to a little extra fire and incentive laid at his feet due to the benching. Also, I can bet my house on the fact he was willing to do whatever possible to get back into the lineup because he knows that the starting QB position isn't just his. He has to continue to progress and earn it. The team isn't going to rest on the fact he is tough guy, a good leader, etc. He needs to lead the offense to score points. I think all that has played a part into him really have two very good games--games that we all knew he had in him, we've seen before.
I like Chad Henne. I think he can be a very good QB in this league. I think a different offensive scheme may suit him better. However, he can be all those things mentioned above in this one, so long as he continues to make correct decisions and take care of the ball.
"Slowmotion wrote:
Ozzy, what I think (or at least hope) the OP was referring to were those who predicted Henne would have lain an egg all week. They basically told us he would suck then when he didn't it was because the Raiders sucked. Even though this was the same Raiders team they thought would make Henne look like a joke. They say ALL WEEK that the QB makes the rest of the team look bad but today the QB didn't help make them look good. Some said he was mediocre today. Some claimed he made a total of 4 good passes ALL GAME! By no means does this mean he turned a corner yet, but to not even be able to admit he played a good game is just wrong.
I'm not meaning you btw.
Thank You for be more succinct, clear, and diplomatic than I was.
fooball.
futbol.
hockey.