1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chad Henne says Orton Chants hurt his feelings: PFT

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by brandon27, Aug 4, 2011.

1. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Oh boy.. this story just won't go away thanks to our idiotic fans... At least Chad's being honest I guess?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/04/chad-henne-says-orton-chants-hurt-his-feelings/

2. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    \

well assclown Florio adds little points like Henne said them and leaves out Henne said he would use it as motivation. He didnt cry about, he didnt ask for psoitive responses. he stated what is obvious, that while you want support if you play bad you get criticism. Florio is an asswipe

3. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Yeah, his interview was taken out of context according to Ken LaVicka.

4. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Florio gave Henne his due saying later in the piece:

"Henne’s comments are refreshingly honest — most players would claim they can just brush the criticism off. But the comments won’t do anything to make Dolphins fans like him more."

The bottom line is that our idiotic FO created this monster with such a public courting of Orton...Why didn't Ireland speak up and say what was going on to begin with or at least when the story went viral....

5. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    Move Along people. Nothing to see here.

6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
  7. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    What do the fans have to do with this story not going away? From what I can tell, the story is not going away because the Head Coach and Quarterback in question keep crying about it.

8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    admitted that it hurt, and said he will use it as motivation..Sounds good to me.

I'll say this, when I go to some games this year, if some folks are doing it without just cause, I don't care if they have the right or not, If I can hear them, their in my space, and I don't give a sh%$ if I miss the game..I will speak my mind, and if it escalates, so be it..

9. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Incidentally listening to the Q&A it doesn't seem like Darlington specifically asked about the Orton chant, he listed a number of things, one of them being a reference to the Dolphins trying to replace him.

Bpk likes this.
  10. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Yea, Henne was crying about it. :rolleyes:

Larry Little and Frayser like this.
  11. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    shhhhhhhh unless you don't comment on it or say the fans were right its crying now.

Larry Little, CaribPhin and GMJohnson like this.
  12. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Yeah?

He was being honest but honesty isn't always the best thing to do when it comes to the press. If he chooses his words better, it wouldn't have been a story. If Tony Sparano chooses his words better, that's not a story.

Original poster said this story won't die because of the stupid fans. The fans created the original story. The two flare ups afterward were all Sparano and Henne.

DolfanJake, Bpk and finyank13 like this.
  13. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Why would he even acknowledge it? Thats really the coach's job. If I were Henne I'd have just said "I didn't really notice it to be honest. I was focused on practice"

DolfanJake, gunn34 and NJFINSFAN1 like this.
  14. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Compare and contrast Tony Sparano's and Chad Henne's answers with Brian Hartline's:

Hartline's answer is a great example of the right way to handle it. He got his point across, and didn't make it more of a story than it already was.

Starry31, DolfanJake, Bpk and 2 others like this.
  15. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Why cant everybody take the Bill Bellichik method and just not say a word about it.....this story in DOA in New England after the first day.....why is this still lingering....??

because people keep talking about it......fans, reporters, players, coaches.....

I assume Ross is next....to come get in it....

16. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio

yeah the coach and qb just brought it up and werent asked to address it.

17. ChrisKo

ChrisKo Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Desert
  18. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Exactly. But, there's also the fact of the matter that the question wasn't what everyone implies.

Jeff Darlington: "You spent last year getting critiqued big time, and then off season you've heard this stuff, and then what happened the other night...how do you stand up here and continue to keep composure and not get mad about this?"

My question is, what is Darlington referring to when he says "this stuff"? Because to me he's talking about the Orton trade stuff. And that's not the fans. That's the team.

19. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    Because everyone would complain about why the organization is stonewalling the media? Do we not remember how much the media hated the organization when Parcells was here? I think its clear that Ross is making an effort to make the team more open to the media.

20. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    That's all I'm saying. Henne's response is understandable from a human standpoint of course, but the fact of the matter is there's a smart way to handle this stuff if you don't want to have it continue being a story and a distraction, and then there's a way that "feeds the (wrong) wolf".

21. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    That doesn't absolve them of continuing to make it a story. Like finyank13 said, if it were New England, this story is already dead. Belichick would be asked about it and would say "i have no comment on that", and then it would die. Brady would be asked about it and he would say "This is a business, I'm just trying to compete" and then it would die.

Instead you've got "it sickens me" and "yeah I'm hurt deep down inside..."

That's just not the way to go about it if you want it to go away.

MrClean, DolfanJake and Bpk like this.
  22. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I don't buy that THIS situation, has to do with what you're referring to. You could have Rex Ryan's brash demeanor and media-friendly access policies and still say "no comment" about an unpleasant story that you'd just assume go away.

23. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Best answer would have been, yeah, I don't like it, but until I play better I'm fair game.

I don't think anyone would have a problem with that answer.

DolfanJake likes this.
  24. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Or they could have done it the Belichick way, as finyank said.

25. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Wouldn't have been a story if the fans didn't boo, start the chants in the 4th practice of an offseason and create the story... That's what the "fans" have to do with it. Like it or not.

MrClean likes this.
  26. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    They can't play ball fast enough to either shut some people the **** up or get the **** out of town.

27. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I don't see why its an issue. There's some things they could address, but not all. Belichick doesn't address all. They could answer every question with a vanilla reply, like Belichick does.

****, that's the way I'd do it if I was a coach.

28. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    The story was going national regardless.

29. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Because they have won how many Super Bowls, and went 14-2 last year. He can get away with it.

Average teams can't, it didn't work for Mangini when he was in NY, why? Because they didn't win.

30. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    Its an issue because it makes the media's job harder. If your job is to write articles about the Dolphins, and attract as many readers as possible, would you be happy if you kept getting the same vanilla answers? Nobody wants to read generic coach-speak.

Personally, I don't care. I would prefer if they didn't say anything at all. But at the same time, you're putting yourself out there for a lot of hit pieces and as soon as the smallest thing happens, the media will do their best to blow it up. If you make their job harder, they'll try to return the favor.

31. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    I want them to ask chad about this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtoV5iEdnoE

Maybe Haynesworth cried at practice, but the reporters know coach B will not address it so they don't even ask. They move on to other questions.

32. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    Oh I agree. I'm just saying it seems like theres been a concerted effort by the organization since Parcells left to be more media-friendly. If the local media were truly making this story out of nothing, then I wouldn't blame Sparano for stonewalling them.

33. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    MrClean and Stringer Bell like this.
  34. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    At the end of the day, this organization is basically screaming to the ehavens that we will take any possible upgrade to the QB position.

At Sparano's presser this morning he declared Henne the starter "right now", but that there is an open competition with Matt Moore. He also said the'r "eyes are always open" when it comes to potential upgrades. Sparano even refused to dismiss BRETT FAVRE out of hand.

Chad, I'm sorry that the fans hurt your feelings, but they are only following the elad of this front office who seems to want ANYBODY BUT YOU under center this season. At this point, I am not shocked if Moore is the starter if they play even during pre-season

35. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I want to see some anger, pride, fire in Henne's eyes already!!!

I mean, if you are bothered by it, be sad the way Tebow got sad... with a pissed-off fire in your belly to NOT play that badly again. To promise the fans you'll be better for them.

When Chad is upset, it seems like softness, like weakness, not fire and strength.

I'm sorry, I just effing hate Chad Henne's emotional state and the way it shows up as our QB. What is he, the Iron Giant? Robot on the outside with soft feelings inside?

The best QB's lead with fire and passion. That is nowhere to be found on Chad. he reports that he has some hidden away somewhere deep inside, but there's no proof.

DolfanJake likes this.
  36. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Again I have to reiterate, if you want an apple, you don't have to buy an orchard. You don't have to have Bill Belichick's total anti-media policies in order to make unpleasant stories like these go away. Rex Ryan is about as anti-Belichick as you get in terms of media access policies and commentary, and yet when the foot fetish stuff started coming out, did he feed into it? Did he do his part to keep making it a story? No. He did the very same "next question" stuff that Belichick would do.

I am personally not in favor of Belichick's media policies. I think they downgrade the quality of the NFL product. But you don't have to have those policies to make embarrassing stories like this go away.

37. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    Has anyone been able to find a link to the Michael Irvin interview from this weekend?

38. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

And he has the ****ing gall and temerity to say it makes him SICK when fans are willing to voice the same desire for another QB at practice (while Henne poops the field).

If Sparano were 100% invested in Henne, then the fans wouldn't be acting the way we are.

He doesn't believe in him, and blames US for noticing.

**** him. I used to respect Sparano but that little **** makes ME sick at this point.

DolfanJake likes this.
  39. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    This thing has taken on legs and just ran.

40. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    So let me get this straight. Sparano either needs to anoint a player the starter before he's earned it, or he's not allowed to defend that player? Either way you are asking him to throw someone under the bus.

MrClean likes this.