1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chad Henne says Orton Chants hurt his feelings: PFT

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by brandon27, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Seriously, who's our PR guy? And where can I apply for his position? Henne's hurting deep inside? Are you bloody kidding me? The only thing the dude should say about this chant (if you particularly have to grace it with acknowledgment, which you do not) is that it motivates him to work even harder.

2. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    If Henne is going to be the starter he should.

Pete Carroll already named Tarvaris Jackson the starter before he's "earned it". You can always change your mind later, but it would put all this talk/distraction to bed.

3. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    How does he know he's going to be the starter?

And he would lose a lot of credibility in that locker room. Nobody should be named anything unless they earn it. The talk will continue until this team gets good play from its QB, regardless of who is named what.

4. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    This is why Hartline may just be my favorite Dolphin right now. He's smart and plays (I think) above his normal ability.

Stringer Bell likes this.
  5. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    The foot fetish thing lasted, what.....4 or 5 days ? Because Ryan embraced it kind of and it was them let go of by the media. Instead Sparano & Henne just won't let it go.

6. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I do think Tony ought to go for the hoodies with the sleeves cut half off look though. I kind of like Bill's coach grunge wear appearance. It is something I can relate to. Never really trusted people in fancy suits with silk neck ties.

7. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Memo to Chad Henne and Tony Sparano: Play better and coach better and you won't have to deal with chants.

C-HUCKS1 and DolfanJake like this.
  8. Frayser

Frayser Barstool Philosopher

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    At this point, I'm pretty much convinced that there is nothing Henne can do to not get criticized by some in this fan base.

CaribPhin likes this.
  9. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I'm asking him to not act disdainful of fans who are merely perceptive enough to see what's up with their own team, care enough to want it changed, and be pissed enough at the frustrating experience of suffering as they've waited for an action to make things better that they vocalized it.

If he wants to play both sides of the fence, then he is being a punk acting like the fans are totally off-base chanting for Orton. That double standard is what makes me sick.

DolfanJake likes this.
  10. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Then Chad Henne needs to start winning more games & throwing less game losing interceptions for TD's. Then they wouldn't have reason to boo.

11. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    I call BS on the whole "I'm human" part.

12. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    I don't see a double standard at all. His job is to protect his players and do whats best for his team. Its not to provide reasoning or explanations or anything to fans. He had no choice to act disdainful toward what fans did. There is no way he could have said "yeah, he deserved it". He couldn't say "yeah, tell Ireland to get me a real QB. I want Orton as well". He is stuck between a rock and a hard place right now.

13. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Be consistently successful... It's not rocket surgery.

14. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

What a bullcrap video. Made obviously by some jerkoff Ohio St fan. If he thinks he is such a bad@ss he should find Henne and sing it to his face. The p**sy would probably never have the nerve to sing it right to Henne though.

15. Bpk

Come on, of course he could have acted less disdainful.

"I'm disappointed that the fans weren't more supportive. I can understand their frustration but to express it that way, in my opinion, does nothing to help the team get better." or any one of a million variants that don't drip with an air of moral superiority and disgust with the fans.

He can do his job (and I agree with you that he had to back Chad up), but he can do it respectfully, the same way we diagree here on the board (most of the time).

If my response to you was that your post made me sick, it'd probably come across as a tad judgemental, no? As opposed to saying you didn't agree with it, and it was unfortunate because... [and give actual reasons].

He acts like fans are the puppies that took a **** on the carpet.

16. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    If you were Chad Henne, what would you want Sparano to say? Sparano's #1 obligation is to do whats best for the team. Not whats acceptable for the team and the fans at the same time. If he thinks he needs to rip fans to help out Henne, then I encourage him to do so.

17. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

If Henne had said **** them ***** *** fans and then rode out to practice on a T-Rex going 50/50 with 50 TD's and go home to have sex with Kate Upton, someone would have some criticism. "Oh, it should have been a Brontosaurus" "Oh, he should have run one in as well".

As an opinionated fella likes to say...Clown shoes.

18. Bpk

Wow... I disagree. If something will piss fans off EN MASSE then it's a terrible idea. this is still a business, and ticket sales are dropping. Fans are pissed.

Taking a crap on the fans only alienates them MORE.

He can defend Henne without insulting the fans, surely. If not he needs to find a job lower down the totem pole, where he can;t hurt the bottom line of the business just to keep the locker room happy.

DolfanJake likes this.
  19. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Well they are the ones that picked him, and then ignored opportunities to get other QBs in here the last couple of years. So this falls on Ireland & Sparano. They created their own mess.

20. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    The only thing that alienates fans is losing. He should worry about doing his best for the players. The rest is just static.

21. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Yep, he is damaged goods at this point. That is why every effort should be used NOW to get another QB in here ASAP. Don't ask me who, but they need to do something or this could get really messy soon.

22. Stringer Bell

Mar 22, 2008
    Did Sparano pick Henne? We don't know what he's said to Ireland regarding personnel. For all we know he's been telling Ireland he needs a new QB. We don't really know.

23. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Is he going to let it steel him, drive him to perform better? Or is he just gonna be a lil vagina about it?

Stay tuned.

Stringer Bell, padre31 and DolfanJake like this.
  24. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    I have been a fan of the game for many a moon, and have never even heard of any player from any team going through this. I find the boo's and chants in PRACTICE pathetic and disgusting although, in a real game, I would not feel the same.

Today's day and age "fans" believe they know far more than they do, say things with no regard for other people, and are much more pointlessly nastier (with little reason) than days gone by. JMO

25. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    This place has turned into a ZOO!

26. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    Does that mean that the circus, and it's clowns (no offense intended) have left town? :)

27. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    If there is that much of a disconnect between the HC & the GM, then they really do have problems.

These are the kind of things I saw could happen this year. That is why I have been so gloom & doom. It was all there for everyone to see, but some just refuse to ever look at the world of reality and only want to live in their goody-goody in Dolphinland World. WAKE UP PEOPLE this season is headed for a trainwreck.

28. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Not until September 12th, at least.

29. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    It means Dolphin fans have turned into a mob of *** holes. This lynching and the Tim Couch treatment is uncalled for.
    I've never seen a bigger group of whining crybabies.

Colorado Dolfan, MrClean and padre31 like this.
  30. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    You have been playing with your magic 8 ball too long now sonny. Please put it away.

MrClean likes this.
  31. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Please take this man with you !

40093-large.jpg

Tony "Bozo" Sparano

32. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Are you too young to remember the "Sammie Sucks" chants at one game (I believe he fumbled 3 times in that game) in late 1980's.

33. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Henne also said it motivates him a bit more, which is a good thing I think.

34. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    That's the best you can do today ? Weak....... :lol:

35. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    A clueless fan to what is actually going on internally says the sky is falling so therefore it is. Sounds like a steaming coil to me.

36. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Nope it was 1991.... Is that all you got... Weak... :lol: He fumbled three times at the goaline in different games.

37. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I agree. Its one thing to worried about the season (ftr, I am as always), its another to have what is going on in here.

For the first time that I can think of, the mains are more divided and bicker happy than the PoFo. It has truly gotten to absurd levels.

38. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    I'm planning to go to tonight's practice with a few friends, and my patience has also worn very thin with the mob. I'll let ya know how it turns out, if I am able.

39. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    I'd be swinging and going to jail.... I'm in bar fight mode right now!

djphinfan likes this.
  40. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    And soon there will be a fight to the death and a new leader will reign supreme.

Fin D likes this.