1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chad Johnson: 'I don't do media anymore'

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Colmax, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Link: LINK

Seems like a reaction to the Philbin talk.

Vicariously through Johnson, the Dolphins get exposure (whether good or bad).

Thoughts?

2. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Philbin was 100% right on this one. I think they are quite alright with Chad clowning around and having fun as long as it's not hurting the team, or the teams image. That's the thing though, his press conference, swearing up a storm did just that. It's ridiculous for any professional football player to think that's ok. If you want to talk like that on the field, as we heard in other points during hard knocks first episode, that's fine. No big deal, but at least come off as somewhat professional to the media. Joking around is fine and dandy i get the impression from the coaches... but swearing like an idiot in a press conference, is just stupidity. Now for Chad to go around saying "I dont do media anymore" just draws more unnecessary attention. I wouldnt doubt it earned him another talking to. I dont think they have a problem with him goofing around, but when you make the team look stupid like he's doing, that's where they draw the line.

djphinfan and mullingan like this.
  3. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Chad Johnson is a clown and drama queen. This media blackout and change of attitude may last a week or so, but he will revert back to himself.

A leopard can't change it's spots. Chad comes with this baggage and the team knew what they were getting in to when they signed him. If they didn't, then they were idiots.

4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    It will be a fine balance to get this player to perform while teaching him How to achieve his highest level while acting with class...I believe that can be done.

Obviously Belicek couldn't do it, he shut down, maybe Philbin understands that, is sensitive to it, and will find the line of communication that will inspire..

Bpk and mullingan like this.
  5. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    I think people are dying for some football.

6. bberg

bberg Squid

Jul 6, 2012
    North East
    Let Chad be Chad.

No F-Bombs in press conferences, as Coach said. Have fun, make the roster, score some TDs to get rid of the cobwebs ;)

7. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

So long as he does receptions and TDs...the rest doesn't matter. I want to see those things...the media issue is a non issue IF he's scoring and producing...

8. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    If Chad Johnson has another season of productivity like last year, he won't be doing NFL anymore either.

9. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Waiting to see production on game day before I comment anymore on Chad. I'm in blackout mode atm.

10. gandalfin

gandalfin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Kissimmee, Florida
    I'm all for the way Philbin handled it. As far as CJ, I don't think this media silence will last long. He needs to use just a bit of judgement with what he's says publicly.

I was happy to see he was upset with himself for having a bad practice day.

11. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I think that's exactly what Coach was saying.

All the flack Coach has gotten is silly. Philbin isn't interested in telling them to not do something, he wants to teach. He wanted CJ to understand why its unprofessional to drop the f bomb in press conferences over and over. In his first few interviews after being hired he classified himself as a teacher.

12. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Exactly it, like i said earlier. It seems as if he can do whatever he wants, as long as it doesnt embarass the organization. There's no need to swear through a whole press conference. Joke around, and be yourself all you want. Just do it with some class and some dignity and it'll all be cool.

Loved the way Philbin handled it. Not loving the way Chad is responding to it though. He should still do the media thing, all he was asked to do is not swear and make the team look bad. He's free to joke around as much as he wants still. All he has to do is watch the language, not act like a baby now.

Hopefully he gets himself a TD tonight, and has a good game though.

13. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Hahaha!

You might be right. But I think the Hard Knocks, Chad, and Tannehill, are giving Miami some much needed publicity. In all honesty, Miami needed this injection of media exposure to sell the product. Maybe this is what Ross has envisioned? Regardless of how the team plays, you sell the product to the public (media, non-fans), the fans, and other NFL players (who would have otherwise not have played for Miami).

Obviously, Chad's antics brings exposure. That in turn makes the media pay attention to the important stuff (like the QB competition, etc.). When was the last time Miami got this much media attention?

I am all for it.

14. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Yup..... I say we cut his *** now

15. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA

Still all for it now that he's been arrested? Now none of the attention will be on Tannehill and his great debut, or the QB competition at all. Its all about Chad. Again. I couldnt care less if this clown is on this team any more. We'd have been better off with taking a chance on Braylon Edwards or Plaxico Burress. But... that woudln't have been enough "attention" or spotlight for us apparently..

16. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

The only spotlight I want on this team is a 10-6 or better record, winning minimum 1 playoff game and surprising our "loyal" fans.

17. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Of course, I did not envision this when I made the comment. This is unfortunate.

18. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    6 o'clock news counts as media no?