1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chalkboard matchup: Week 8 Miami vs Buffalo

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GISH, Oct 21, 2008.

1. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    [​IMG]

This has the makings for a very great game.

When Miami has the ball:
    Our 11th rated offense faces off against the Bills 10th rated defense. Our offense is match equally to their defense across the board. Our strength going head to head against their strength. This should lead to a very balanced attack. Look for plenty of wildcat this week. Their middle-of-the-pack defense will struggle to contain Ricky off the edge. Playaction should also be a big factor in our offensive gameplan this week. I also expect a strong emphasis on smart, time consuming drives. We need to keep their offense off the field for as long as possible.

When Buffalo has the ball:

This is where the game could be lost. The Bills offense is good enough to exploit our secondary, and punish us with Marshawn Lynch. I expect them to take a page right out of the Baltimore gameplan for this one. Lots of runs right up the gut. They're gonna want to exploits Joey's aggressive pass rush. After Lynch hits the secondary a few times, look for a bomb to Evans. Evans always has a career day against the Dolphins. For us to stop their offense, we're gonna need to have great play from our MLBs. They can't afford to miss tackles or assignments in this game. Each 3rd down will be gamechanging opportunity. Hopefully we can get them off the field on 3rd and long. Otherwise, we stand no chance.

Special Teams:
    Buffalo has one of the best special teams units in the entire NFL. Meanwhile, we have one of the worst. This could be a huge factor. Especially if we are forced to settle for field goals. We can't afford to give them the ball at midfield and expect to hold them to 3.

gish's guess:

19-16 (OT) Miami wins

2. plc001

plc001 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Wait a second, Miami gets a check mark beside rushing yards on defense.

NJFINSFAN1, GISH and Mindwarp like this.
  3. RealDriscoll

RealDriscoll Banned

Jan 9, 2008
    At home this is a very winable game for us. I do not know the game status for Aaron Schobal, Terrence McGee, and/or Melvin Fowler but we need a big game from Samson Satele agianst Marcus Stroud. Ronnie Brown should be able to have a solid gay against Buffalo.

The key to this game will be stopping Marshawn Lynch. Can we? Doubtful.

Prediction:

Bills 24 Dolphins 20

4. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    crap ill fix that immediately

5. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    I dont think your should use the words 'solid gay' ever again.

Vengeful Odin likes this.
  6. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    lol

7. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Nice write-up Gish, but who do you expect to win the game? I was hoping for a fearless prediction, lol.

Personally, I think if we can contain the defensive tackles we can get to the second level in the rushing game, as Buffalo's LB core isn't nearly as active or impressive as the Ravens. I would expect to see them move the SS up, essentially running a 4-6, when they see us go to Wildcat, like the Ravens did. We are going to have to pass out of it again to loosen the defense up. On offense, I like our chances, provided Ferguson and/or Soliai are available to plug the middle. If they're out, and Lynch is hitting our secondary, it is going to be a long day. When the Bills pass we have to generate a pass rush besides just 55; I like our chances against this O-Line. ('Course, I said that last week, and we were just mediocre in that department) If we can get to Edwards with pressure I think we can force a few mistakes and maybe *gasp* get a pick or two.

Final Prediction: In an ironic twist of fate, Buffalo drives down the field in under 2 minutes, only to see their kicker miss wide right. Miami 21 Buffalo 20.

8. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Bills are a very solid team, its going to be a tough week. They have a solid defense, good special teams and an effective (boring) mistake free offense. In fact Edwards is Pennington like with his lack of mistakes and accuracy.

If we can score more than 24 points we can win, if not, we won't.

9. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Of course. So many teams are throwing for a 100% completion rate against our invisible DB's. They give every WR a 25 yard cushion. I'd throw all day. Even on 4th and inches.

10. ATLFINFAN

ATLFINFAN Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    My guess on this game is........... Buf. is a very good team this year, and we arent. They have the passing game to exploit our weeknesses, and a very good running game too. They know Pennys tendencies, which is not a good thing, so I expect a loss here. I just hope it is respectable and not a blowout. Something like 27-13 them. I still havent seen our guys quit, we just dont have the horses yet. For the guys that still think we have a shot at the playoffs, this is a MUST game. Going down 2-5 is to much to pull out of, but I think that is where we will be around 4:15 Sunday.

Yes, I know..........mr negative.

11. Wicked Vex

Wicked Vex Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I can't imagine what kind of game Lee Evans is going to have. May Jeebus have mercy on our secondary.

12. RealDriscoll

RealDriscoll Banned

Jan 9, 2008
    I have Lee Evans in both of my leagues. I think we hold him in check. 7 Catches 84 Yards

13. beast23mode

beast23mode New Member

Oct 21, 2008
    good post : ) good to hear other fans have logical thinking processes...even if y'all are miami fans

14. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    fearless prediction added.

15. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Miami has been solid against the run regardless of how bad the pass defense is. Last week it was evident with Ferguson in the game the Ravens did not and were not going to be successful on the ground.

16. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I agree. The only issue with that is he might not be playing (is he listed as out?)

17. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Sparano said he was day-to-day on Monday but some think he won't be playing this week. We'll have to see what Sparano says tomorrow to get a better idea.

18. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    lol

19. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

If Ferg is still out, we lose, hands down, if he can play we may have a chance. Also we must be aggressive in our offensive play calling, if its anything like the last two games, NOT GOOD!!:shifty:

20. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Agree the defense needs to be much more aggressive. Not nearly enough of blitzing and against Baltimore I thought the defensive play-calling and game plan was awful.