1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Channing Crowder...does it get any worse?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by NyPhinfan, Nov 29, 2009.

1. NyPhinfan

NyPhinfan Season Ticket Holder

Dec 21, 2007
    Go back and watch the game over...as bad a game by a LB as you can imagine. He brings nothing to the table..he makes no plays..he jumps the wrong holes..he misses tackles. I am incredulous to a player who is on the field as much as he is and how very few plays he makes. I am just so tired of watching him in the middle..its like watching the same over and over. Can we at this point just eat his contract?

2. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    We need an ILB that can run sideline to sideline and fill the hole.
    Who is this Channing Crowder person you speak of? :shifty:

3. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    It's pretty bad that the MLB is left untouched inside the 5 yard line and he still can't make it to the RB.

He's horrible in run support and even worse in pass coverage.

gunn34 and k-bayfinfan like this.
  4. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    At least he went a game without making it on youtube, getting de-cleated on a down field block

5. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I've never noticed how awful he is until I've read many posts here commenting on how awful he is. I've watched him this year, and I'm confused as to why we gave him a big extension last year. Always seems out of position, takes bad angles, and isnt really a good tackler.

6. Miaballa99

Miaballa99 Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Miami
    the lanes were wide open for him and the other LB's to make tackles, unfortunately, they were nowhere to be seen. This team is in dire need of a couple LB's. Overpaid pieces of crap

7. NyPhinfan

Dec 21, 2007
    You are RIGHT!...Just such a BAD instinctual player in the Middle. Did you see the play late by the goaline where he was run back 10yds by the lineman and thrown on his back?..There has to be a way we can eat his contract no?

8. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    McClain.
    The Answer.

RoninFin4 likes this.
  9. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    What's worse is having the same said LB probably could have a better career as a standup comic than a LB in this league.

The Dolfan and keypusher like this.
  10. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    God he is awful taking poor angles ugh can't stand him he should be called Mr. Invisible man.

gunn34, The Dolfan and NyPhinfan like this.
  11. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    You could make this thread every week and I'd agree with it every time.

12. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    An awesome hit

13. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Spikes or Dansby Plz.

14. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yes. Have you seen Ayodele? I missed today's game but the man's been invisible.

Springveldt and RoninFin4 like this.
  15. NyPhinfan

Dec 21, 2007
    Please sit down and watch the game. This was VINTAGE Crowder. The missed tackles..being out of position..being blown off the ball..jumping in the wrong holes...waving at running backs...you get the picture

16. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Funny, I got raked over the coals for saying how we shouldn't have resigned him and how I would rather have Willis over him.

gunn34 and k-bayfinfan like this.
  17. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    He's not very good but Ayodele is worse IMO.

I don't think anyone would debate having Willis on this team. If you're talking about the thread that you started in the off-season about Crowder, I remember it very well. I remember you calling for James Laurinaitis.

GridIronKing34 likes this.
  18. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Well, it's obvious we should have taken Patrick Willis over Ted Ginn, but no telling that to Randy Mueller and Cam Cameron now. Ginn will be gone in the offseason.

I'd be very interested to see how Crowder would do playing next to a guy like Willis (or Rolando McClain) i.e. a very cerebral type of linebacker, a la Zach Thomas. Crowder seemed to do well playing next to Zach,but he's definitely not the type to lead this defense - too much bark, not enough bite.

gunn34 and SeanP like this.
  19. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Please, I don't think anyone would of argued with you on whether they would rather have crowder over willis

20. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    there is no other position that hurts this team more than ILB ... it handicaps the defense; problem is we knew this - we resigned a mediocre Crowder, and nothing else ....

we need this more than WR ...

Agua, buzdoubt, gunn34 and 1 other person like this.
  21. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

Well we've had worse ala Eddie Moore, Jackie Shipp ....

But I can't stand watching Crowder anymore. He had two wide open lanes at the goaline and he has no burst to get there. Nor determination.

He talks talks talks, and does diddly squat to back it up...

gunn34, Lab3003 and azfinfanmang like this.
  22. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    For the record, I do indeed know a worse Inside Linebacker than Chowder.....very unfortunately for us, he is Aiken A-Dell....

These two jokers should be arrested for stealing money from the Organization.

I have ZERO idea why Chowder was re-signed going into the season.... :pity:

23. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    What I said was:

"
    Well, if we had done what I wanted us to do a couple of years ago....Draft Patrick Willis...this wouldn't even be talked about right now.

However, this past draft we could have taken Clay Mathews, John Lauranitis, or Rey Maualuga instead of Davis in the first round. All were selected after we picked Davis.

I am not saying Davis was a bad pick, but there were options out there via the draft to solidify out MLB spot"

Now, lets look at the stats this year:
    Clay Matthews: 8 Games Started, 29 combined tackles, 5 sacks, 1 forced Fumble
    James Laurinaitis: 11 Games Started, 85 combined tackles, 1 sack, 3 pass def, 2 int's
    Rey Maualuga: 11 Games Started, 46 combined tackles, 1 sack, 1pass def, 2 forced fumbles

Crowder: 9 Games started, 42 Combined Tackles, 1 sack...that's it.

So, you tell me you still wouldn't take Laurinaitis over Crowder? Granted, they were all gone by the time we took Pat White and yes, we now needed Davis. However, at this point I would have rather let Crowder go and taken Laurinaitis with that pick, or take Davis and trade up the Pat White selection to have gotten Laurinaitis instead of White.

24. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    No.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  25. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Well, don't think you're the only one that was screaming at his TV when we didn't draft Willis.
    As for last year, the only scenario I like better than what we did would be us getting Davis, Smith ANd laurenitis :hump:
    That wouldve been a very very good draft :yes:

26. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    I would still take Vontae over any of the ILBs.

We would have had to traded back into the early 2nd to pick any of the others up. Now if we could have gotten that trade for Crowder...would have been all for it, but that's the realm of the hypothetical.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  27. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    We didn't draft Patrick Willis just get over it
    Our linebackers have to be rebuilt
    Two dinosaurs on the outside with no one to develop behind them
    Inside we are average

GridIronKing34 and adamprez2003 like this.
  28. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Really?

29. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    Channing Crowder is the best player on the team.

He has more heart in his little Pinky then the whole team, including coaches.

Channing may just be the best linebacker ever to play the game!!!!

I can't believe everyone is picking on him........how antidolphin is that:no:

Channing "The Dentist" Crowder fills holes ............well better then a one eyed dentist blinded by the sun.

I just cant believe you guys are picking on such a studly player!!!!!!!

30. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Average?
    Not even close.
    Almost every single game it is very evident how bad Chowder and A-dell are.
    Neither reads nor reacts.
    Neither can cover to save their lives. Both are constantly out of position. Neither of these guys are even close to average.

gunn34, k-bayfinfan and Ozzy like this.
  31. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    color me not impressed with that guy...

32. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    Our ILB's are turds in the punchbowl.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  33. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    rolondo mcclain or jerry hughes. i dont care which one but we better draft one of them with our first rounder. as bad as crowder and ayodele are porter is also pretty bad. those are the two most important priorities of the offseason...ILB and OLB and we may need to double up on both. Once we get our linebackers we can worry about the rest of the team

RoninFin4 likes this.
  34. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    In my short time here I have been called a troll quite often calling out players so I was taking the high road.
    I'm glad you said it so I can agree without getting this :crapstrom: for once

gunn34 and azfinfanmang like this.
  35. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    the choice you presented was really one of vontae davis or james laurinaitis not crowder or lauranitis. vontae davis will be a better cornerback than lauranitis a linebacker IMO so I agree with Alan. Some fantasy trade up scenario to get lauranitis isnt realistic. who would you have passed on along with pat white to get him....let me guess pat turner

Ozzy and azfinfanmang like this.
  36. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Crowder is Bad

It was the week before Free Agency, I compiled a list of good Free Agents on this site. Suggs got resigned and I was sure Bart Scott was going to get signed and Crowder left to hang on the Browns. I was sure. Then Sparano said nope. Imagine our team if we had Bart Scott and Darren Sharper (both were available) instead of Channing Crowder and Gibril Wilson. Imagine if we had drafted Bowe one spot ahead of Ginn instead of vice-versa. We could have had Mario Manningham who I thought we would go for because we drafted Henne. We'd be a division leader. But hey, there's always next year. GO PHINS!!!<-- Not even sure anymore :pointlol:

37. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    3 years, ive been on his tail....Alen, the critisism is just..he played a very bad football game, and if somehow were gonna improve this 4th quarter, giving up the most points in the league, quitting at the end of a game defense, then we must call out some players. outscored 24 to 0 in the 4th.

I'am not sure if the vets on this defense feel safe after this year, maybe their thinking about their future and its affecting their play idk.

I noticed a lazy spin move by porter with a complete lack of discipline for the edge.

gunn34 likes this.
  38. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    lol...so true JS, funny...The man relaxes his body when he thinks he's out of a play....he does it all the time.

39. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Hell, he relaxes his body when he is going to make a play. :pity:

The Dolfan and djphinfan like this.
  40. eric

eric New Member

Oct 11, 2009
    you talking about the play where fitzpatrick ran it in for about 30 yards?