1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chargers having hard time selling out

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    The Chargers are having a hard time selling out home games this season. The only one that is close is the Eagles game with Michael Vick. There home games maybe be blacked out, however they have time. There first home game isn't until 9/20 against the Ravens. The Chargers final pre-season game will be blacked out as well. Just wondering if this is all through out the league with the current economy? This was on the radio today while I eating lunch.

2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Apparently the Jags will have all 8 home games blacked out this season.

I heard on Cowherd today that something like 10 teams, almost 1/3 of the NFL will have at least some games blacked out, last yr it was 4 teams.

Funny about Vick though bro, say what folks will about the man, but he does put butts in seats.

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  3. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    They were talking about it here on the Sports Radio.

Even the elustreous Cowboys with their new multi-million dollar stadium and 160' Big Screen TV are having a tough time of it. They also said that attendance at Major League Baseball is way way way down......a sign of the times me thinks.

4. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Saw on tv that 12 teams could have the blackout. As far as baseball, I don't really care for the sport. NASCAR is doing well, as far as I know.

5. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    This will have an impact on sports bars, and the NFL because if there are a lot of blackouts they will probably lose some interest from fans. Remember the radius is a 100 miles from the venue before you can see it on tv.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Didn't the Vikings have tought time selling out their seats in the playoff game against the Eagles? Or was it the Cardinals vs the Falcons? I'm not sure which team it was, but the bottom line is this sucks.

7. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    sign of the times.. if we weren't fielding a MUCH better product we would be having this issue all season too. If we lose a couple, we might anyway.

John, I think the San Diego fanbase knows Norv sucks and their team will underachieve relative to their talent level.

gafinfan and Fin Fan In Cali like this.
  8. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    what does this mean for the phins then? i hope we dont have any blackouts, that would suck major ***!

9. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Well that's one benefit of not living in the Miami TV area....my local Sports Bar will carry via NFL Ticket no matter what.

Question: so if you have the Sunday Ticket in Miami you could still be subject to blackout or is that only broadcast tv??

Also, in DC area, if Skins (which I doubt) or Ravens (which may) get blacked out, the Local Fox and CBS affiliate has to show a non-blackedout game...so maybe I get more Phins on local TV this way????

Either way, love the Stadium to be full and rowdy, so I dont wish for Blackout of Phins games...any other team is ok though.:hi5: