1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charles Woodson??

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by PSG, Mar 7, 2013.

1. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    Schein and Gannon on Sirius NFL radio are saying the Dolphins have reached out to him and the he could sign with Miami.

Talk about it.

Ohio Fanatic likes this.
  2. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    I'm not going to believe anything I hear about teams contacting players at this point in time. Would be a decent signing at the right price though.

3. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

He's about 37 years old but he can still ball. He'd be a great influence on Reshad Jones.

HULKFish likes this.
  4. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    No, I know. Im just sharing what I heard.
    I assume he would come fairly cheap at this point and I think he can still be a disruptive force and most importantly can still create turnovers.

5. seabass0795

seabass0795 New Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Orlando
    An ESPN Reporter on twitter
    Josina Anderson

6. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Well, as a stop gap, why the hell not?
    We draft a CB. Let him sit behind Woodson for at least a year. I mean ****, he can't be much worse than SS

If the post above me is correct, then the only way we get him if we severly overpay for him. Seahawks, Giants are much more appealing than Miami right now.

7. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Never hurts to kick the tires. Veteran who could probably benefit from playing a limited number of snaps. Also since Jones is good around the LOS, having a good deep presence behind him along with Clemons would be a nice balance to the defensive backfield; allowing us to hopefully be more creative.

I don't want him starting, I want him as part of a sub package.

ToddPhin likes this.
  8. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Maybe not. We have a young roster and a talented QB. 2-3 more weapons and honestly we are in position to push for a playoff spot. Consider that we were maybe 5 plays away from a winning record. Yes, Dan Carpenter and Legadu Nanee I am looking at you.

HULKFish and ToddPhin like this.
  9. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Seahawks were about 3 plays away from going to the Superbowl. See the difference?
    I understand what you're saying Con, I really do, but you gotta admit that if the contract and the terms are identical, he isn't going to Miami over Seahawks or even the Giants for that matter.

10. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Woodson would most likely play safety.

rafael likes this.
  11. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Why would he play safety, Doc?
    Assuming we retain CC, as dreadfull as he is, we are thinner at corner right now than we are at safety.
    If season started day before the draft, can you name me the two starting corners for Miami?

12. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Because he was moved there last year as its evident he lost a step.

NJFINSFAN1 and PhiNomina like this.
  13. MrClean

Carp is highly overpaid relative to production. I'm hoping we use a 7 on one of the Florida kickers or the kid from Nebraska, Sean Maher. Gotta like a kicker with the last name of one of my favorite TV personalities. ;) Actually, he did really well on that skills challenge they had on ESPN or NFLN recently. Beat both Hopkins and Sturgis.

ToddPhin likes this.
  14. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Maybe you wouldn't but you never know what is going through another person's head.

15. MrClean

Depends how much he wants to play. Woodson would not start in Seattle, and likely not for the Giants. He'd very likely be a starter in Miami.

16. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Can you post this in POFO, please? I'm not complaining... I just want to fist-bump it. :knucks:

17. Fineas

Fineas Club Member Luxury Box

Jan 5, 2008
    I'm interested in Woodson. I thought he looked good at S in Week 1 against SF and he's one of the few bona fide consistent playmakers among DBs. He's ancient but it's plausible that he could still be productive at S in the way that Ronnie Lott, Rod Woodson and Darren Sharper were toward the ends of their careers.

Ohio Fanatic likes this.
  18. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    And the Badger baby

Mentioned in the draft forum that this combo would be a beautiful thing.

I'm gettin a bit to excited.

19. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    I don't want to talk out of my ***, and I'm not familiar enough with Packers secondary situation, but could it be that they needed Safety help while their corners was a strength of their secondary?

True.
    Im basing this off common sense, and Woodson is a vet who at this point would like another ring, I think it's a safe assumption.

This, is a very good point. However, I'm sure he understands he will look better playing in Seattle's D vs ours.

20. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    That would be a nice veteran influence

21. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    I think its a combination of both to be honest. Need and age/diminishing speed while still keeping a play maker on the field.

22. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    You my boy bluuuuuu!!!!!!

How bout the comparative skillset in terms of what they bring to the table, blitzing, turnovers, versatility, slot ability, return ability, not only as a punt returner, but when they make the pick, they do damage, and best yet, elite ball skills.

Shock the fu&$ing world baby!!!!

23. MrClean

Who is this Wisconsin player you refer to?

24. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I dropped the honey sh&$... Love that dudes game C, I want him so bad, and I want Woodson so bad to mentor him..

25. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Jesus Molly Querim, I can't watch her, I can't watch that channel, the flesh, it's fu&$in everywhere....help me.

26. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    I understand your enthusiasm Deej, but you really think Honey Badger will stay out of trouble on South Beach? Plus, Philbin has made a point of going with high character guys, and this guy has shown to be everything but.

27. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    We talked about the badger endlessly in the combine thread so I don't want to bore or piss anyone off with my enthusiasm for the payer, to summarize, I think he's a good kid that made some mistakes, and I happen to love the way his little *** plays the game of football from a defensive perspective.

I feel like he is contrite..

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QcffMecIwDA

He's also been training for the draft this offseason, lil clip here..maybe not the bench press but stuff that pertains to his game..

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KZtx3YALEPU

I think he can do things that other players cannot, instinctually first which leads to putting his talent into position that other players don't dream of doing..

I want the badger, I wanna take the risk, I want this coach to rehabilitate a player who has a good heart and turn him into a man...I'm so not worried about his game..he's electric, and will put some of that in that fu&8ing morgue we play in.

28. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    I'd sign him, let Clemons walk and draft a safety to develop.

29. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Woodson might make sense as a Clemons replacement. I'd still draft a S since it's such a great S draft though.

Stringer Bell likes this.