1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheering for a player? Here is the way to tell how they are doing

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Aug 5, 2009.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/

The scrimmage on Saturday is the demarcation between "will see playing time" and "did not show us enough to play alot".

And as a personal observation, Sparano and Co have ultimate faith in their player talent evaluation skills, once they have a fixed idea about a player, that is how it will be this season.

2. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    i will be there :punk:

3. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I doubt Sparano will set any player's position in stone until 3 weeks into TC, except Penny who Tony has already said this is Penny's Team. Tony fosters and thrives on creating serious competition for every position, he believes it is an integral part of the improvement at every position.

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I don't PR, they really really trust and act upon their player evluations, if a guy is a special teams player, that is where he will stay unless an injury forces him into the lineup, even then, if they think a street FA is a better fit they will sign him.

witness Alleman starting at G last season, we had Murph on the roster, but he never played, we started Alleman over him.