1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

China, The Good, The Bad, and The very Ugly!

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by gafinfan, Aug 24, 2010.

Tags:
  1. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100823/sc_afp/chinaroadtraffic

To our Communist brothers and sisters I say welcome to the 21st Century and have a nice day!:lol::tongue2::shifty:

2. my 2 cents

my 2 cents Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    NC Mountains
    August 15 is unofficially the begining of "Wal-mart" season in China or as they saay in China "wa-ma zejun"......it also signifies the begining of "adjusted seasonal tariffs" (Walmart tax) from the steam ship lines of around $700 per container coming out of Shanghai, Beijing, Quingdao or Tianjin....by the way...we just pass that cost on and "forget" to adjust down later in January....enjoy the new GI Joe with the kung fu grip kiddies.

China is developing inland very fast and mucho trucks from those shiny new factories inland from Yinchuan to Chendu use that Beijing-Tibet "expressway to get to port...or in this case...as a parking lot...................

Pandarilla and gafinfan like this.
  3. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Can you imagine being stuck in your car for over a week? Over a fricking week?

gafinfan likes this.
  4. my 2 cents

Dec 10, 2007
    NC Mountains
    It is unimaginable........but even worse.....think about those poor Chilean miners...33 men stuck for 3-4 months if they survive in an 800 sq. ft. cavern under the ground................oh that smelll...cant you smell that smell.......

Pandarilla and gafinfan like this.
  5. gafinfan

The way their economy is exploding its no wonder that they are having growing pains. Yet it also points to a somewhat lack of planning imo. Is that true or am I just reading to much into this?

IKE saw our future and thus we had a jump start on our roadways. It seems the Chinese are going at it bassackwards and/or appear to have been caught off guard?????

6. my 2 cents

Dec 10, 2007
    NC Mountains
    The one thing that the American politicians do not have a monopoly on is piss poor evaluation of their decisional consequences.....the Chinese "politicians" are just as adept as screwing up a wet dream......their system is much like the Eastern European .......and now OURS ... pay back some peso's, rubbles, dinero, skins, whatever you want to call it for a highway "project", infrastructure stimulus, green energy, or whatever for the political favors that groups have done for you...in this case an ill advised and piss poor planned highway project left to provincial idiots in a province that delivered on turning some significant mineral resources into revenues....

The Chinese know they want to improve something for the long term good, so they F up an entire highway and cause a 70 mile parking lot and really do not give a crap about the people stuck in it ... just that they will be better off long term.....they make a decision to go someplace and go through America to get there...

the US politicians see a short term problem and ruin and economy and country in the long run to fix the short term problem...the make a decision to "fix" something and go to China to get there..........or in this case sell us to China to get reelected.....

Remember Ron .. it is still me.....despite my POFO ban (hence going no further than the fringe Political discussion) .... I still hate all politicians........... even Chinese ones!

anditsgood and gafinfan like this.
  7. gafinfan

You are NOT alone, my friend.:hi5:

my 2 cents likes this.