1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chris Carter was asked about Ravens and Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Aquafin, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    I was listening to Mike and Mike and Mike asked Chris Carter if either the Ravens or Dolphins would make the playoffs if either team won this weekend .

Chris Carter said both teams were out , he had to think about it but he said no to both because the AFC NORTH and AFC WEST were better then the AFC EAST .

he didn't give a good analysis but I don't agree with Carter but we need to beat the Ravens anyways. I think had we beaten the Broncos we would be in .

what must we accomplish to get in the playoffs ?

I know that we beat the Chargers and Oakland but losing to the Chiefs may be the game that keeps us out. is there any other game that any of you feel may be the game that gets us to the playoffs or keeps us out of the playoffs.

the Lions are overrated but we lost to them we lost to Green Bay but they may win the whole darn thing that loss wont hurt us as much as the KC loss.

2. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Someone asked me yesterday if I think the Dolphins make the playoffs...I thought about it for a few seconds and said..yes.

ASOT, Aquafin, Kud_II and 4 others like this.
  3. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    KC could spoil the party if they go 3-1, same with Pitt.

Imo if we go 3-1 we are in...2-2 n we are out.

Aquafin and dolphin25 like this.
  4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Listen to Cris Carter talk. He's an idiot.

ASOT, Sceeto and Unlucky 13 like this.
  5. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

AFCE is currently the best division in the NFL.

6. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    [​IMG]

Remember he's been hit in the head a few times.

ASOT likes this.
  7. heylookatme

heylookatme Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2012
    Yeah man that AFCN that has beaten up on the Titans, Jags, Saints, Falcons, Panthers and Bucs sure is good.

ASOT, bakedmatt, Kud_II and 1 other person like this.
  8. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    The Dolphins have a few things going for them.

- Final 4 games include 3 Home games. While we have no real homefield advantage or fan support, it's still better than the road.
    - 2/4 games should be gimmes. I say should, because... you know... said that last year @ 8-6. The Jets and Vikings are terrible. And the Ravens aren't world beaters. I think we're clearly better than those 3 teams, all of which are home games.

Oh, and I wouldn't count the Chargers in as locks to make the playoff either. Nice rebound game for them @ Baltimore, but they're suspect.

Pandarilla likes this.
  9. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Your first mistake was listening to Mike & Mike!

10. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    I'll never forget him for dropping a TD pass in his stint with the Dolphins that cost a game.

ASOT, Aquafin and ASUFinFan like this.
  11. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    The NFC West might argue with you. Same with the AFC North. And theyd both be right. Every team in the AFC North is at 500 or better. The AFC West boasts two of the three most talented rosters in the league (along with Denver) in SF and Seattle, a strong team on the rise (Arizona) who looked like a real contender before Palmer was lost, and a team, the Rams, who are good for a last place team (probably as good as Buffalo anyway) and gave Denver a buttwhooping and walloped Oakland last week.

Meanwhile, Im not sure that the AFC North boasts a dominant team; theres no Denver or Seattle or GB there but Im pretty sure its the first time ever that all 4 teams are over 500 this late in the season. All 4 are good teams with a flaw here and there. Cleveland probably wont stay over 500 if you look at their schedule but theyre still quality even with their supposed QB questions (I say supposed because of Hoyers 5 INT's the last 2 games, Gordon admitted to running wrong routes on 3 of them).

12. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    chargers schedule is ridiculous but Rivers is 40-10 career in December so Im not ready to count them out either.

Baltimore is still better then us until we actually/finally beat them. We never get it done vs them and this Sunday is a MUST have game. The Vikings arent terrible, they just start a rookie QB (who is actually pretty good) and may possibly have Peterson active for that game per Rotoworld and SI.

13. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    What kind of shape would Peterson be in anyway. Not football ready shape.

14. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Honestly I don't think the AFC North is very good at all. In my opinion they have had the easiest schedules in the NFL.

ASOT likes this.
  15. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    One of the great things about the NFL is that you get to prove that the talking heads are wrong.

ASOT and Aquafin like this.
  16. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    I'm still laughing about your response. I totally agree with it, but that was funny!

RGF likes this.
  17. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    This game is actually for the AFC East sweep of the AFC North. The Jets beat the Stealers, the Pats beat the Bengals, the Bills beat the Browns, and now we're going to complete the sweep by beating the Ravens. If Chris Carter knew what he was talking about there's no way he'd say the North was better. They've been padding their records against the crap NFC South. Why do you think we're sitting ahead of three of their teams right now on conference record tiebreakers?

Pandarilla likes this.
  18. PhinFan1968

It's close...but I like this guy's ratings/analysis:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/sagarin/

He has it as:

1. AFC East
    2. AFC West
    3. NFC West

19. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    This is the greatest race for the playoffs in the history of the AFC period. I mean like eight different teams still have a shot at the #1 seed. Let that sink in...

Aquafin likes this.
  20. PhinFan1968

Chris Carter was also asked if he REALLY thought anybody gave a f*** what he had to say...his response was used in the latest abuse awareness commercial.

ASOT, P h i N s A N i T y and firedan like this.
  21. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    i know right? I thought about it today. And its not bloody ****ing likely, but the patriots technically could still miss the playoffs barring some crazy **** goes wrong for them in the last few weeks.

Pandarilla likes this.
  22. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    I asked my neighbor yesterday if either team would make the playoffs, but I think he was on meth because he kept rambling on about squirrels with wizard like powers running around the neighborhood. He never really gave a straight answer to the question.

He still provided more evidence to support his assertions and overall provided better football analysis than Mike&Mike though.

23. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    All I really want for Christmas is for the patriots to miss the playoffs.

ASOT likes this.