1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chris Clemons, #1 Safety In First Downs Allowed According to PFF

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by PerfectTeam, Jan 30, 2013.

1. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    So, a prototypical Ireland player then.

Bpk likes this.
  2. pacadermng67

pacadermng67 New Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Vienna, VA
    The only safety I'd really take over him would be Byrd. Everyone else not so much. There are much larger holes to fill and Clemons wont break the bank.

3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    so your in favor of spending your big contract on a safety, not a mike Wallace or Jennings ?, Goldson and Byrd are no joke, their gonna get paid.

GMJohnson likes this.
  4. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I've never seen anything in CC's game that I would label 'nasty'. You may be giving him too much credit.

I don't hate him or love him. As others have said, we have more pressing needs, but if we end up with a playmaking Safety falling to us, we could upgrade CC.

5. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Our punter may be our best player at his position in the league.

Not sure it relates to your point but since Ireland was a punter I find it funny.

6. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Byrd will be franchised. Otherwise he is worth a big contract.

7. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    *cough*

As the Bills GM in our GM League.......Damn straight he will be!

As far as Clemons there may be even some room to grow in the 2nd year of this defense. It seems to be very safety friendly.

8. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Depends on what happens with Miami's own free agents. Depending on what happens, I think there's enough money that can be derived to make overtures to both a receiver and a safety in free agency. For example, you could land Goldson and Jennings.

9. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I'm not giving him too much credit, I'm only stating what I've been saying when a lot of other folks said he sucked, or he will be cut this camp, and so on and so forth, if the kid gets a contract from us, he should push his chest out a bit to the majority of dolphin fans who mocked him..My defense of him is only relative to the criticism, which has been unjust til this point..

I've seen examples of an aggressive nature when tackling, he is completely unafraid to come up at full speed and put his body on the line with absolutely no regard..

10. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Man, I wasn't thinking about having the room, that's why I questioned your POV on the subject, Jennings and Byrd will be around 80 mill in worth..I don't know, unless we plan on not signing to many of our own.

11. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    He does what is asked of him by his coaches, yeah.

12. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    Didnt Mueller draft Fields though?

13. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I don't think Jennings and Byrd combined would be close to $80 in worth. How do you figure that? At his age with his recent injuries, it's hard for me to see Greg Jennings commanding top dollar.

For me, the guys I see Miami re-signing, and being realistic to what Jeff Ireland would, IMO, think there worth would be: Randy Starks, Pat Devlin, Bryan McCann, R.J. Stanford. And maybe one of the three between Jake Long, Brian Hartline, and Sean Smith.

If Jeff Ireland's smart about it, Miami's got some room to maneuver. Realistically, I think Ed Reed on a short-term deal, or Dashon Goldson are more realistic safety options than Byrd. Byrd will get franchised IMO. So, if you re-sign the above, I still think you can sign Greg Jennings and Dashon Goldson. If Goldson is going to break the bank, then you turn to Chris Clemons and/or the draft.

14. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Yes. Paul Soliai and Brandon Fields are the only two picks left from the 2007 Draft.

15. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I just can't get into what were going to do with our own because at this point we don't know how Philbin and staff rated these unrestricted free agents at the end of the year...but where did I get the number?, I would think that Jennings will get at least 8 mill a year, Byrd about 6 ?.... My bad, maybe around 60 in total worth...

16. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    I don't care about numbers or PFF or what the Clemons supporters say, I know what I see with my eyes.

He makes ZERO plays, takes horrible angles, can't play the ball in the air and has a low football I.Q.

He is a functional player, I am tired of those. His position is one where you must make the occasional play. The issue is, he appears to be a player we can keep because his price tag will be low and with all the holes we have there is no point in opening another one.

maynard likes this.