1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chris Mortensen on Ryan Tannehill

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by NJFINSFAN1, Jul 2, 2013.

1. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7417/ryan-tannehill

Tin Indian, smahtaz, SICK and 12 others like this.
  2. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I know this is the aqua colored glasses talking, but every report like this gets me more and more excited for this year to start.....could the tides of fortune be changing for us?!?

SICK, Tone_E, The Rev and 4 others like this.
  3. WhiteIbanez

WhiteIbanez Megamediocremaniacal

Aug 10, 2012
    When you keep the att's down, you win more football games.

4. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Its not "could". They are changing for us.

I think a lot of the negativity that is still around, is that people are making this team pay for the sins of past teams and are just at the point they cannot believe we'd be relevant again. But starting this season, we are relevant again.

Vinny Fins, Tin Indian, SICK and 8 others like this.
  5. btfu149

btfu149 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I hear there is some internet Californee way!

6. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Sorry 'bout that Aqua. Got away from me a bit there. Been a while. :blush:

Aqua4Ever04 likes this.
  7. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    i don't like the terms they use in "dodgy" also that they use that "he will sign here because jeff ireland is paying free agents what they want" which rotoworld uses a lot is getting on my nerves, when will they finally recognize that there was a plan in place to make this splash from the very start....pisses me off

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

djphinfan, Tone_E and ToddPhin like this.
  8. Larryfinfan

Yeah, well they put things in this light, so that if we do very well, they can then say that we bought the team not built the team...of course that wouldn't account for the youngest or 2nd youngest team in the NFL, but who's looking at facts, it's apparent those guys aren't...

Alex13 likes this.
  9. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    I think "could" is still the right word. This franchise deserves to pay for past sins until it proves on the field that those days are behind us.
    I'm more excited about this upcoming season as I've been in probably a decade, but the fact remains this team hasn't proven anything yet.
    Besides, being relevant doesn't mean you're good. Just ask the Jets. :lol:

10. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Living through the past few decades was the punishment. That's like saying you have to go to jail to pay for being in jail.

Its better than could. We were average last year and have dramatically improved the talent on this team almost across the board. Barring injuries, there is simply no way for us to dramatically improved this year.

11. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    "Dodgy" offensive line?

That's bull****.

SICK likes this.
  12. PSG

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    All I'm saying is we can win the offseason Super Bowl all we want. Until it translates to wins on the field, it's all just hyperbole.
    I'm not saying we won't take a leap forward - because I think we will - but until we actually do, it is just a "could."

13. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I understand what you're saying. I'm just saying we're going to be really good this year and I've seen enough to believe that at this point. I see no point in taking a wait and see approach.

PSG likes this.
  14. PSG

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    I know, but fool me once.......

15. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Bah! Don't be a wuss.

Just because I got the clap once from Sick's sister doesn't mean I never banged her again.

Besides this specific team never fooled you.

16. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    this mentality is what has gotten us into serious trouble as a stable franchise, and a lot of the reasons why were a laughed at from a far..It's a ridiculous mantra to live by..be a new fan every year..

Ryan Tannehill, Ellerbe, wheeler, Wallace, Lamar, Keller, Pouncey, Grimes, Mike Sherman, Kevin Coyle, and joe Philbin not only have their own careers to make a mark on but they have to do with the burden of an inordinate amount of fans who won't give them their full support...what a crock a sh&$ when it comes to being a fan of a football team, talk about taking the game to seriously man.

17. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Jokes on you... Sick doesn't have a sister, that was just his brother in a dress.

18. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I don't agree that the team needs to pay for past sins. I also don't claim a team will be good just b/c they were the year before. Every year something like half the teams in each conference that made the playoffs the previous year miss the playoffs the following year. I evaluate a team based on the current year. I also don't see the sense it waiting for something to happen before talking about what I think will happen. ("Hey, I think that Marino guy will be good").

And FinD, I agree. The culture has already changed. There's no need to wait and see on it. That doesn't mean it can't change again and go bad if the team plays poorly, but it has clearly changed for the better. It's not just offseason optimism or hyperbole. I think that most people who have followed the NFL and this team for years can see the difference.

jdang307, Fin D and padre31 like this.
  19. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA

Aahhhemmmm. Gentlemen, a little more decorum, if you don't mind!....
    Semi-connubial activities with another's sibling should always be behind the veil...
    no matter what the rabbit does or the doctor says.

20. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Evaluating a team based on the current year....Hmmmmm.

Wow!!!!!!! Rafs, how do you do it man????... I just can't forget the past man, can you help me...please help me.....ughhhhhh ughhhhhh:sad:.

Cancer for a football culture..

It will be the same sh&$ in that stadium this year, lets sit on our *** and see if there like the past teams who let us down..

Do that and we will continue to lose at home..

How bout this, this current team doesn't deserve this wussy *** fanbase.

GMJohnson likes this.
  21. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I do not believe the Sparano Culture was toxic, do think the Philbin Culture took it a step further.

Sparano was to hyper, Philbin is more professional, Sparano could motivate players but Philbin knows how to take the next step with motivated players.

22. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    You guys do know the downfall of winning the division will be the media will use the excuse of well the patriots , jets and Bills are down. we wont get credit because Miami is the most disliked franchise in this division.

23. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    All things considered, this team should finish above .500...9-10 wins would be great.

Also about time Jeff Ireland gets his payday.

24. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Yeah well he couldn't motivate them at home.

25. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    I think we can win the division but three things must happen.

#1 must have better play calling.

#2 must have more defensive stops.

#3 must do something that Miami hasn't done in ages and that is sweep the division.

26. Larryfinfan

Well, I don't know about the play calling. I think our problems have been more along the lines of play execution in most cases. Sure, there are some calls that I think Sherman would want to take back, but in general, our issues have been talent and execution related.

I agree with you on the D front. We have been bend-not-break D that tends to break or at least bend way too much. I'd like to see more 3 and outs with this D...

I don't think we need to 'sweep' the division, but we need to do a better job within our division. We have an opportunity, moreso than in previous years, to at the very least be 4-2 or 5-1 inside the AFCE. That would be enough to get us to the 9-10 win marks and get us into the dance in January... That said, until BB and Brady are gone, I can't discount the pasties at all. We could have an easier time with Barfalo and the jests, but we can't let our guard down when playing them, or any other team for that matter...

Winning the division might be stretching our talent development some, but it could happen if several of the 'guys who should take the next step' actually take the next step...

27. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    You do realize that there is a massive difference between being convinced that they will be good before they've played a snap... and cheering loudly for the team when at a game... right?

I don't know if they will be good, but I'm hoping so. But regardless, that has nothing to do with how loud I cheer.

Kinda sick of you bashing us fans DJ...

28. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    shes 15............

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fin D likes this.
  29. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    In "fvck years" she's 48.

30. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    [​IMG]

djphinfan, PSG and Fin D like this.
  31. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Did I:

[​IMG]

32. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    By decorum... you mean detail, right?

I'll let Fin D fill you in, figuratively speaking of course.

Fin D likes this.
  33. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    IMO all fanbases are the same.

There's was a topic on ESPN radio I caught a few seconds of that made me think of you. The host, Colin Cowherd, was saying that the future of the NFL was probably smaller, more intimate stadiums, that the NFL model had shifted more towards providing you home entertainment rather than attendance at venues. He said that most of the NFL revenue came from tv contracts. His analogy was Dunkin Donuts and how as home coffee makers improved the company put more efforts into selling coffee you can brew at home. I'm not sure whether I agree. While I see the benefits of building a smaller stadium in terms of costs, being able to add more upscale amenities, etc., I also see having the size to attract big events like SBs and World Cup events as the carrot that attracts public funds. I like the smaller venues. I always felt that was one of the advantages of basketball and even smaller baseball parks. You always felt closer to the action. So I don't know. There are advantages and disadvantages both ways.

34. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    and I'm sick of them not showing up for games, allowing other teams fans invade their stadium, seeing half emoty stadiums, sittin on their *** during a game when the outcome is still up in the air, sick of them arriving late, sick if them not supporting upgrades to a POS building, sick of them not getting in their seats after halftime, and mostly sick of them for not erasing the mind every year so the new team can have an even platform of support..

B.Sebo likes this.
  35. Larryfinfan

Deej...it comes down to the product on the field...like a variation of the Field of Dreams movie catch-phrase..."If the team starts to play better and win some more games, fans will come back to the stadium. Fans in SFL got spoiled by the Shula-led Fins...we were in the running every year...a down year was losing in the first round of the playoffs... Look, as rickety and raggedy as the old OB was, folks came to the facility because the Fins were winning...When we moved to JRS, sure some of us were not enthralled with the stadium as it moved us further from the action, but what really occurred shortly after moving to JRS, was that the team started it's downward spiral. Even if you count in the lone 2008 season where we did well, most of us knew there was little or no talent base for that trend to continue...and it didn't.

So, as I've said before about Ross' wanting to enhance the stadium experience, which BTW, I'm all for, we have to start winning or even that won't bring fans back to JRS....

36. Claymore95

Claymore95 Working on it... Club Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Peebles, Scotland
    As long as we win the Division, I won't give a **** what anyone, media or otherwise, says about how we did it.

37. Larryfinfan

Nah, Aqua...if we do win the division, it'll be because we 'bought' a championship....

38. FinNasty

Dec 1, 2007
    Then start a thread about how sick you are of those things... and keep them in there.

I can't erase my mind, and think it would be foolish to do so. But why would you need to erase your mind to fully cheer loud at games? You can cheer loud even if you think the team sucks. I don't understand the relation...

39. FinNasty

Dec 1, 2007
    Wasn't this thread about Tannehill? How did we get on the topic of fans anyway?

40. PSG

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    Yeah well, I got the clap 3 times from that broad!

Fin D likes this.