1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chud Chooses Cleveland

Discussion in '2012 GM League Forum' started by Vengeful Odin, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Cleveland (AP) -- Earlier this afternoon the Cleveland Browns held a press conference to announce that Rob Chudzinski (or Chud as he is affectionately knownw) has agreed to become the Head Coach of the Cleveland Browns.

[​IMG]
    Rob Chudzinksi is introduced as the new Browns Head Coach.

After the Browns dismissed Pat Shurmer last week, it became clear that team was lookging for an aggressive coach, interviewing both Andy Reid and Chip Kelly before finally reaching an agreement with Chudzinski early this morning.

General Manager Vengeful Odin, who in a rather unusual move arrived toting a six pack of beer, noted that he was "happy with the hire" and that he "didn't feel the Browns were settling on anybody" with the hiring of Chudzinski. Chudzinski is considered something of a rising star in NFL coaching circles, as his work with Cam Newton this past season, work that led to a Pro Bowl berth for Newton, as well as Rookie of the Year consideration.

When asked about bringing adult beverages to a press conference, Odin stated that "I make the rules - and I'm a damn Norse God. I'll bring my ale anywhere I damn well please."

Joining Chudzinski on the Browns staff is Mike McCoy, who arrives after spending the past two seasons as the Offensive Coordinator of the Denver Broncos. Like Chudzinksi, McCoy recieved acclaim for his work with Tim Tebow, overhauling Denver's offense in mid-season to play to Tebow's strengths, which helped pave they way for their rally to the playoffs.

In addition, the Browns announced that Defensive coordinator Dick Jauron had agreed to restructure his contract. Jauron's defense was much improved in 2011, finishing in the Top 10 overall.

With an offense that sputtered in 2011, finishing towards the bottom of the barrel, and a new staff in place, one would expect to see a lot of turnover in Cleveland. When asked about incumbent starter Colt McCoy, Odin offered only a lukewarm endorsement of the quarterback, pointing out that "Colt's the starter, unless Chud says otherwise." It's really to early to tell, but one has to wonder exactly what the arrival of Chudzinski and McCoy means to not only McCoy, but the rest of the Cleveland Browns roster.