1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clint Sintim on ESPN

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Conuficus, Nov 29, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    By the way if any of you want to watch Clint Sintim and Virginia play they are on TV (ESPN) right now playing against VT.

alen1 likes this.
  2. PeaTearGriffin

PeaTearGriffin Season Ticket Holder

Dec 8, 2007
    I missed most of the first half but Sintim had some good pressure at the end

3. PENNSYLVANIADOLPHAN

PENNSYLVANIADOLPHAN Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    How's he doing so far?

4. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    The Canes game is getting hard to watch, so I should probably take the chance to do some last-minute Fins draft scouting.

Let's see what you can do, #51.

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Our secondary is so bad man. It disappoints me that we have that lack of talent in the secondary considering the history. I still cant get my head wrapped around the second round grade given to Bruce Johnson. I hate that guy. I'm taping the UVA/VT game and haven't watched the UM game.

6. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Don't remind me. The Canes keep giving up big play after big play.

Back to Sintim. I note that when the play comes to Sintim's side of the field, he's in the thick of the action. He was used in pass rush and almost had a sack, while he's also dropping back in coverage and being used in pursuit.

I would not mind at all seeing him in aqua and orange.

7. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    The interesting thing to note is how much attention VT is paying to him when running plays to his side. I saw him hurdle one man, and roll of the next man ready to block and chase after the QB. I'm sorry, but Matt Roth won't ever be doing that and still make the play interesting for the QB.

I just hope a few people took the time to watch him today.

Regan21286 likes this.
  8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I taped him. :up:

9. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Figured you would. Have you seen him before?

10. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Once.

11. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    He shows some nice athleticism today. It was nice that people will see the Cavs let him cover the slot on more than one occasion today. Very versatile guy, and maybe this will validate what I've said about him for a while now. The guy just fits what we do IMO.

cnc66 and alen1 like this.
  12. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I'll look for that. I taped LSU's game yesterday as well to get a look at Kirston Pittman and Tyson Jackson. Today I taped the UF game and now I'm taping the OK/OK St. game.

13. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    CB from OK state - Lacey. Keep an eye on him, he may show up more tonite than you may think. Juaquin Iglesias is faster off the line than I originally gave him credit for, and his very smooth running his routes.

alen1 likes this.
  14. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Fan of Iglesias. He's a good one, he just had a big drop on a long ball though. I want to see what the fuss is over Gresham. ;)

15. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    I caught a few glimpses while I was channel surfing. Saw him make a pretty nice sideline tackle and then a QB hurry late in the 2nd quarter. He looks pretty good. Makes me wonder if he might even fit in at ILB.

16. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    He could, but would you want to? Who would you replace him with.

Now if we drafted both Sintim and Julius Williams I'd **** myself as we'd probably have one hell of a linebacking corp all of a sudden.

17. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Sintim and Williams or Sintim and English would make me happy as a mother------! Especially Sintim and English. :bigeyes:

PENNSYLVANIADOLPHAN likes this.
  18. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Maybe if Crowder left, he could move inside in an emergency. Or since Ayodele hasn't been anything special, he could compete for that spot as well.

19. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    I was thinking he'd take Ayodele's spot if he went inside.

20. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Definitely an improvement.

21. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    I wonder what this team will do in regards to CB and WR though. OT will be addressed wither through FA or the draft, as will NT I think.

It's tough to tell what we'll focus on this year to be honest. I know what the needs are, but figuring out what position the FO will focus on in the draft this year. I think you'll see corner addressed a little later, maybe the 3rd round or later. Now that is unless we sign someone via FA or a talent happens to fall in our laps. Either way I wouldn't bet on corner being a 1st round pick. I could more readily see the third round, with the FO focusing more on building up the front walls of this team again.

One of this teams biggest weaknesses is depth all around. This draft may be used to secure depth and quality in the areas that may be a little lacking. I say this as the FO and coaching staff probably know that a few key injuries and this team will disintegrate into last year in a hurry. Our ST still bite the big one, our WR depth is pretty awful as we can see now. On paper our WR corp is bad, and usually that's bad as you rarely play up to your billing on paper.

Linebacker depth is awful too. And we really don't have too much depth at G or OT. I mean this could be a very ugly draft for people who desire the team to be filled out with all the shiny new toys. I don't think this team will be satisfied with the haul of last year in terms of interior talent.

22. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    A Cornerback in the mid-round sounds about right. DeAngelo Smith or a guy like Alterraun Verner are interesting. Maybe someone late like Don Carey, whose a CB and has spent time at FS, in the 7th. Dominique Johnson is another guy that I've been interested in seeing since pre-season lol.

I think we need a big WR and I really can't wait to see how Ramses Barden does in the practices. Another guy whose a SR and I hope is invited to the Senior Bowl is JaRon Harris out of South Dakota St. 6'2", 190 and in the 4.4 range. I haven't seen him play since SD St. isn't on TV but I'm hoping he's invited to the bowl.

Conuficus likes this.
  23. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Verner I think could stay another year. He looks good most of the time but other times he really whiffs hard in coverage. And this year hasn't exactly been much to talk about at least for now. If he declares, I think he'd be 4th round material.

24. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yeah, that happen to him yesterday. He bit on the fake bad and got beat but the ball was overthrown if memory serves me right. I also think he gets high in his hips and needs to be more physical at the line when playing bump and run. I like him though, he has good closing on the ball, willing in run support, and has long arms (from what I could see). He plays Special Teams as well so that's a plus. 3rd to 4th is about what I'm thinking as well. Great kid from what I've read. Do you know him personally?

25. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    He's always had problems biting on fakes and stop-and-go routes. That play against Arizona St. was one of a couple that I remember. Fortunately, the pressure prevented the QBs from making accurate throws. He definitely has great ball skills though and makes some clutch plays. Pretty fast too. I think with another year under Walker and with further coaching in the pros, he could be very good cover corner down the line.

I left the Sports Med student internship before he arrived so I don't know him as well as the others. But the few times I've talked to him (mostly in South Campus), he seemed like a shy person and I gotta believe he'd be a real math nerd if he didn't play football. Smart guy though. One of my fellow tutors really raves about his performance in math sessions.

26. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Listen to alen throwing around DeAngelo Smith's name. :wink2:

Got your attention didn't he?

What have you thought of Lacey so far in the first half?

27. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    He was a track and field star in HS, that may be the reason for his speed. I heard that he was also an OLB so his instincts probably came from that.

Haha, I read a few interviews from his freshmen year as I was doing research on him and he said he loved math. He tutored his whole high school football team in math. He's a great student for sure, had directors honor roll in Fall & Winter of '06, '07 and Spring of '07.

28. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Haha, definitely caught my attention.

Honestly Con, I haven't watched the game in detail, just been relaxing and watching it. I'm taping it so I plan on looking into his play one of these days.

29. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Frank Alexander, FR defensive end, is a good player man. He's underweight at 229 but he's a good player.

30. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Didn't know about the OLB part but it's certainly believable. I don't know if it'd be a great idea to draft him now if he declares but I'm pretty sure I'll want to see us take him the following year. I have no doubt he'd be perfect for a Parcells team. A friendly demeanor like his is hard to come by in the CB position.

31. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Taping the Kentucky game, DT Myron Pryor stands out. 6'0", 310. Made a couple plays in the backfield. Commentators are saying he's closer to 6'1". Interesting.