1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clock Operator - What happened to the two minute warning at the end of the first half

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by emale2u1, Feb 2, 2009.

1. emale2u1

emale2u1 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Maryland
    What happened to the 2 minute warning at the end of the first half? After the interception, there were clearly 2:03 on the clock after Dansby had been tackled and got up to celebrate. The clock continued to tick until 2:01 at which time it stopped. I turned my head thinking that was the time the next play would start. I had to rewind my TIVO to find out what happened to that 1 second. After a few second pause, the clock was restarted and wound down to the two minute warning.

This was huge and should have changed how the final series of the half would have been called. I didn’t hear a peep from anyone on it. If you have a tape of the game watch it and give me your thoughts.

I know we were all anxious to watch Springsteen, but that is just not right.

Did anyone else notice this?

2. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    never noticed, and haven't heard it mentioned at all through the day. I was listening to Sirius NFL radio alot too.. Interesting to see if anyone has any further analysis on this.

It could be hard to miss the two minute warning during an nfl game though, it would just blend right in with the 50 other commercial breaks in the first half...

3. Vampire Baby

Vampire Baby New Member

May 5, 2008
    Only thing I notice is that this doesn't belong in the Dolphins forum.... :lol:

SICK likes this.
  4. emale2u1

emale2u1 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Maryland
    Can't disagree, but neither should any of the other super bowl threads. Last I checked the dolphins didn't make it.

5. Vampire Baby

Vampire Baby New Member

May 5, 2008
    When we get there will do one of these mate...... :knucks:

6. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    for the record i started the main superbowl thread on the Other NFL forum. I bet the mods are so proud. :shifty: