1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Close the door...There's a draft

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Pandarilla, May 8, 2013.

1. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    After reviewing our draft, I have to say I like the direction the team is taking. I love the pass rushing ability our front seven now possesses. I'd also like to nickname Dion Jordan, "the fifth element" in regards to already having Wake, Starks, Ellerbe, and Wheeler. I like the picks in the secondary. That TE seems like a great compliment as a blocker. Jelani Jenkins and that fast *** safety seem like good gambles. The fact that the kicker's name is Sturgis should imply that this team will be exciting as a raunchy biker rally.

It all points to a faster, more vicious defense...

This scene generally sums up my reaction. Which was giddy excitement...

[video=youtube;Pl4CXj7jcZg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl4CXj7jcZg[/video]

I defy you to crap on my enthusiasm...

djphinfan likes this.
  2. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    Talking my friend(Bucs fan) he likes what we r doing but thinks we could have handled the draft differently.

He thinks we want to use Jordan as a base de, like jt.

I said Jordan can do so much more. I really hope he can cover gronk

3. Die_Nasty

Die_Nasty Well-Known Member

May 16, 2008
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Just an FYI to everyone, his nickname in college was "Preying Mantis". Remember reading/watching that somewhere.

http://www.comcastsportsnet.com/lan...-Praying-Mantis-N=1&blockID=759081&tagID=9668

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  4. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    I'd rather him rush the passer. A constant pass rush will go a long way to neutralizing Brady and gronkowski.

GMJohnson likes this.
  5. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    I've always been of the opinion that any NFL quarterback can carve up any defense given enough time. Dion can rush from either side. How's about Wake and Jordan rushing next to each other...

Of course, coming off a shroom bender can cloud one's judgement...Anybody walk a hot lava field in flip flops?

Jcouch1021 likes this.
  6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Avatar it is...that was awkward..lol..

Rilla, that sh$) cracked me up..crazy ***.

Pandarilla likes this.
  7. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    yo is that a pic of you in Hawaii?

8. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    nah, I took it of my German friend Julian Reist...I've got lots of good pictures on my phone that I'll post before the season. In the meantime...

[​IMG]

Here he is viewing a tremendous beach BJ...She was sooooo hot.

What!?! He's German...

Jcouch1021 likes this.
  9. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Damn I miss those.......

Pandarilla likes this.
  10. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    Depending on the regime that was in power, JT didn't always line up as a base DE. He played OLB, DE, "Jack".....I expect Mantis Delphinus to do the same.

Pandarilla likes this.
  11. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Jordan's flexibility to drop back will actually enhance the overall pass rush. It's really not about the numbers for Jordan but for the entire team D. The ability to bring players from different angles and create confusion is going to help the D pass rush. I think that's one reason they went with younger and quicker LBs in the off-season. Our LBs last year were solid against the run but did not have as much pursuit ability nor pass rush ability.

What these young LBs bring to the table is more speed to and quickness to get to the QB sooner on a blitz. It's going to be up to Coyle to come up with some solid disguises and packages to create problems for the OL.

But, certainly at times you want to be able to also take 4 guys and rush and get to the QB and hopefully Jordan will develop there.

If I'm Miami I really want to push Jordan hard to get stronger in the next three months and learn better technique on the field. The more they pressure him to be aggressive and man up - and to get in there with Wake and train his butt off - the better off they'll be.

The challenge this year is he won't be able to train with the team early on because of the ridiculous rules about college graduation. It's fine for semester schools that graduate in early May. It's the quarter schools that mess it up. Oregon's graduation date for Spring is June 17. Ridiculous.

But, hopefully Jordan will continue to work to put on muscle weight. If he could come to camp at 255 (up from his 248 ... which is up from his 230 range when the season ended) that would be a big plus for him. He needs to have a great workout going the next two months because he'll be missing the mini camps.

Pandarilla and djphinfan like this.
  12. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007

"Jordan underwent surgery on Feb. 27. The sling comes off in two weeks so he can start rehabilitation. The entire process, he said, could take three to four months. He hopes to be ready for training camp in late July."

that surgery is not a four month recovery, he should be just about ready ( been 2/1/2 months thus far) to start lifting heavier and putting on some solid weight..I wouldn't go too crazy with weight, I'd say 255 would be ideal for him ..he's already a strong kid.

Also remember, he weighed in at 248 at the combine, I know that he tried to put on weight for that event, but, look at how good he moved and ran at 248.

Pandarilla likes this.