1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clowney reportedly ran ...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Da 'Fins, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
  2. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Will be interesting to see if and how many QBs go before him (thanks to the greater significance of the position).

3. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Imagine a line with Jordan and Clowney, when both were mentored by Wake.

4. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    I think the insane clown goes numero uno before a QB.

SICK likes this.
  5. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Agreed, with all of his hype and his ridiculous attributes.....I dont see him going after anyone.

6. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    We will be picking last, so it would cost too much to go up and get him................ :shifty:

7. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    To me it's simple. If the team picking #1 overall needs a quarterback then they will take Teddy Bridgewater. If they don't, they'll take Jadaveon Clowney.

If the team picking #1 overall is the Jaguars, Cardinals, Browns or Raiders, they're taking Teddy Bridgewater.

The Chiefs, Jets, Vikings, Buccaneers and Titans represent your infamous "undecided voters". How Bridgewater does this year will be the biggest component in what one of those teams decide should they find themselves picking #1 overall. I'd say Clowney's performance matters too, but outside of getting injured that isn't really true. Scouting opinions of Jadaveon are almost fully formed. As a quarterback, any sign of struggle from Bridgewater would affect his stock a lot more.

Any other team aside from those guys would be taking Clowney, with the possible exception of the Broncos who would never find themselves picking #1 overall anyway. Unless Peyton's neck gets broked in the first week. And even then probably not.

8. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    There's also the potential for a QB needy team to grab Clowney and then trade back into the 1st. Two franchise players one draft would be impressive.

9. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    If Brandon Weeden falls on his face this year then that idea will not gain a lot of steam.

Personally I don't like the idea of settling at that position. You get the absolute best guy you can get when you have the opportunity and the need. One Aaron Rodgers/Drew Brees/Tom Brady/Peyton Manning/Eli Manning/Ben Roethlisberger type quarterback is worth at least three Jadaveon Clowneys. Maybe more.

Da 'Fins, ssmiami and Ohio Fanatic like this.
  10. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    I agree with that, which is why I made my initial post. I was merely referring to the possibility of not having a clear cut top QB, nor wanting to reach for one who isn't. Something like grabbing Clowney and then trading up for Joe Flacco b/c you're not sold on Mark Sanchez as a top 5 pick.

11. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    That line would be called "Lights out" because the last thing the QB would see is the lights go out. Are you kiddin me? Wake Jordan and Clowney? I almost hope we tank. Almost. IMO, Clowney will be breaking records in a few years. I fully expect him to re-write some records.

And much to phinsational's chagrin hes a Gamecock. :)

Fin D likes this.
  12. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    shaddup

Boik14 likes this.
  13. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I could be wrong but I think Teddy Bridgewater is being universally considered by scouts to be the top quarterback. There's disagreement as to which other guy might be in the mix, some say David Fales, some say A.J. McCarron, some say Tajh Boyd, others like Stephen Morris...but Teddy B is unanimous.

14. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Teddy seems like the most physically gifted of the group but IMO he still has a bit to do to put it all together in order to be in the mix for #1 pick. I'd like to assume he'll take that step this year but I won't. If the draft were today, Tajh would be my choice because I have a TBD next to Teddy. Although, I haven't spent enough time watching Harris so I should probably put a TBD next to Boyd for objectivity's sake.

15. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    I would be willing to bet that at least 1 QB will go before Clowney.