1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Co-System of play & repercussions

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by the 23rd, May 3, 2009.

1. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    1) I believe WildCatPat will extend & compliment the career of the resurgent veteran Pennington. Henne will do a lot of sitting on the bench. Things have changed.

2) Look for the SingleWing to become much more sophisticated this year. The threat of a passing game will force the DB's to hold & not play up against the run or they will get burned by WildCatPat on the pass. The WildCat is no longer a gimmick or change of pace offensive system with White running it. The WildCat has the potential to emerge as a Co-System and, if it does, defenses will have to stop it before we go to the orthodox offense & vise versa. I envision @ least a quarter of our offense going by way of the WildCat. If these things become reality, we will develop what amounts to Tandem-QB's in 2009.
    3) Look for Pennington to enter the season in top form & playing behind the Orca-5 & a serious running game. The Tandem from Hell will burn the turf allowing Pennington to lite up sky with the emerging Passing game.

Pennington will be almost impossible to beat & Henne will sit as he studies Penny & watches White lionizes the WildCat.
    GoFish!:up:

2. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    i still think henne is our future qb

3. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Pennington will not go quietly into the night:

He is a ProBowl QB, one of the best current QB's in the NFL, has already been a Franchise QB & was drafted by Parcells.
    His shoulder is healed & he will play behind an Offensive Line (the Orca-5) that can give him time to set for the deep pass. :up:
    Pennington has had an excellent off season conditioning program with his personal trainer & he wants to play.

By virtue of last season the guy has earned a shot @ the big enchilada.
    Penny may very well be our next Franchise QB & the one to lead us to the SuperBowl.

I agree Henne has a future with the Dolphins, but WildCatPat has changed things. All bets are off.
    Henne has to win the position on the field & as I post he is the second man to both the WildCat & our Orthodox Offensive System.
    He just may be doing a lot of sitting before he has an opportunity to play.
    Henne is not ready to compete & win in either offensive system.
    Hope the guy proves me wrong, but I don't think he will. Pennington is the RealDeal, Henne the understudy.

Pennington & WildCatPat appear to be the ticket.

4. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    I think you are totally off base in thinking that Henne will be sitting as long as you think. Will he play this season? Most probably not. But next season he will most likely be our starter. The Wildcat will not be an every down formation... Sure, White makes our offense more dynamic but by no means does it mean that Henne will not play.

5. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    1) I figure on a shot @ the SuperBowl in 2010 & if Pennington equals or surpasses his performance from 2008, he'll be the QB to take us there.
    Eventually, Henne will overtake him, but (barring injury) no time soon. It could be years. This has more to do with what Penninton does than his unproven backup. Chad Pennington has a better longevity prognosis with the addition of WildCAtPat & the Orca-5. :yes:

The best man starts. It is what it is: Pennington is the starter.

2) Wouldn't sell WildCatPat & the SingleWing short. It has the potential, with White running it, to be a co-system not just a change of pace or offensive gimmick. Only time will tell.

think about it :up:

6. Rhody Phins Fan

Rhody Phins Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Well of course if he surpasses last years performance he'll be kept but the chances of that are extremely slim.

7. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    I just hope we use whatever and whoever gives us the best shot at winning game in and game out. Pennington, Henne, White... whoever.

ATLFINFAN likes this.
  8. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    me too, Friend dolfan32323. agreed:yes:

dolfan32323 likes this.
  9. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    Our future pro set quarterback. Non-Wildcat quarterback. There are going to be two kinds of quarterbacks in the NFL. We are going to see history being made.

Call me crazy. I can envision plays with two quarterbacks in the backfield. Here comes the A11 offense with Curly Lambeau and the Notre Dame Box thrown in.

http://a11offense.com/ (Go to "About The A11")

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notre_Dame_Box"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notre_Dame_Box[/ame]

10. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Friend cdz12250, spot on! :up:

cdz12250 likes this.
  11. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    i believe it will be a double edged sword, a combination of the two, moving forward, maybe an 80/20 ratio once the plays are designed. I dont forsee Pat challenging henne for the future starter position but i do foresee him being a star in his roles.

Its truly the combination of the two working harmoniously together that makes it dangerous, the misdirection of the wildcat on one play, then some traditional smashmouth the next, and then sprinkle in some stretch the field, open the playbook for henne type football, it all has me very excited.

For our regime to make this move is truly innovative..what forsythe, implementing a new section of our offense and picking the master to run it...with him and ronnie brown, we are way ahead of the curve.

12. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    I think the start is Pennington/White & Henne has much to learn & much to prove before he enters into the equation.
    Like I said: Henne has to win the position; it is all about Pennington & how he plays in 2009. Henne will continue as the understudy.
    Nobody in the FrontOffice is going to bench Pennington & start Henne without reason. The best QB will captain the team.

Would be an injustice & a mistake to underestimate Chad Pennington. Let's wait & see what he brings to the table in 2009 before we talk about his demise. He will not go quietly into the night. He wants to play ball & earned his right to compete in 2008.

13. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    Hey 23rd, you're crazy too!
    :knucks:

Now let's all sit back and wait for the confusion to start. Let's see how much of a genius Belichick really is.

14. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    noone's talking about penny's demise man, were simply taking it for granted that hes the starter this year, deservedly so, just pontificating in the future how the dynamic of henne/white is an explosive combination that can attack a defense from every conceivable angle known to man.

15. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    agreed