1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coaches under the most pressure in 2015

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000503490/article/coaches-under-the-most-pressure-in-2015

[h=3]Teflon Joe needs results[/h]
    Sometimes I forget that Joe Philbin still has a job. Most coaches in the NFL get a pink slip if they can't crack the postseason in three seasons on the job, and yet there he is. Teflon Joe is a survivor. In 2015, he'll take the reins of a Dolphins team with real expectations after signing Ryan Tannehill to a fat new extension and handing Ndamukong Suh the most guaranteed money ever for a defensive free agent. The Dolphins should be competitive in an increasingly feisty AFC East, and Philbin is unlikely to continue to receive the benefit of the doubt if Miami again bobs at the .500 mark. -- Dan Hanzus

This is the year he must step up and shows he deserves to be a head coach. If he can't then it is time to move on.

2. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    think everyone is on the same page this time round & no one expects Joe to return without a post-season run.... Lazar?

3. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    Yeah I don't think he will be here next year without a playoff berth. However I may be the only one who thinks it isn't all his fault. Although I agree he has done some decision making.

4. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    It has been past due so he is Lucky to date....He needs to step it up this year, or step outta here

5. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Bro I respect your opinion but I disagree. He has removed players from this roster that weren't his players. He had to be told to let go of Sherman as his OC. The team has a a new Assistant GM and GM now. He has a very talented roster so let's see what he does with it. I just don't believe he has the total makeup to be an NFL head coach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
    Tin Indian likes this.
  6. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    I am shocked he didn't get canned at the end of last season, I felt he should have been. Really though, for continuity's sake, I am glad he didn't. I feel that a big part of our problem has been too frequent change at the head coach spot over the last 15 years. Then again we have had some real turds running the show too.

I think even Mr Ross has to know that it is playoff's or Joe has to go. In fact they need to win 10 games minimum this year which I dont see as a stretch considering the D gave away 2-3 games last year and the team I believe is far better on paper this year.

If Joe cant get it done this year, it isnt going to happen with him at all.

PhinFan1968 likes this.
  7. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    That's fair. I see what you're saying. Seems like he can't be his own man and coach the team the right way.

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  8. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

That pretty much sums it up nicely IMO. I can name several coaches I think would WRECK SHOP with this roster...if Joe can't, maybe he needs to go back to being an OC for a while, actually call some games, and re-visit HC later.

I'm REALLY pulling for the guy though...I hate the coach merry-go-round that has been the Dolphins since Shula.