1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colts' brass quietly concerned about Harrison situation

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by ATVZ400, May 15, 2008.

1. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I would be concerned too. Marvin and Reggie make a great combo and open things up for the slot receiver Gonzalez. I am not completely sure how Gonzalez is as a starter so I completely understand their concern. I know Gonzalez was successful as a starting receiver at OSU.

2. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008
    I think even if Marvin Harrison isn't on the Colts, they will still be a good team. Harrison has been losing some steps the past couple of years.

3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I agree that they can be a good team still but would that weapon be a bigger loss to them than expected?

As for the losing steps comment, I kindly disagree with you. The season before this past years injury riddled season, he had 95 catches, which was the most since 2002 when he put up 143. To add to that, he had 1300+ yards receiving for the first time since 2002. The year before this past injury riddled one he had 12 touchdowns. Last year was the first time he has had a bad season but he was injured for 11 of possible 16 games.

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  4. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008
    His injury is exactly my point. Marvin has already been in the league for 13 years, and is already 35. How will he be able to bounce back from this injury? For the N.F.L., 35 is old, and Marvin is no exception. Coming off a knee injury is hard, even for a young guy. Who knows if we'll ever see Marvin at 100% again.

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Exactly, I agree that he may never be the same and he is getting up there in age. And now not in an offensive way but you stated,
    That's a direct quote from your post and I was referring to that quote when I posted. The last couple or few years aside from this past one, have been very successful. Like I stated in my previous post, he has improved his numbers every year since 03 (the year after his monster year in 02). I don't see where he has been losing steps. Last year he was injured, I don't know if you can call that losing steps.

Last edited: May 15, 2008