1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Come With Me on a Peyton Manning Journey in Your Mind

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GARDENHEAD, Mar 6, 2012.

1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Turn off your mind, relax and float downstream..........imagine we sign Peyton Manning to a non-cap killing contract. Imagine that he is back to 100% healthy Peyton. No neck problems. Imagine we draft Quentin Couples with our first rounder and sign some free agent RT who is solid.

This team would certainly go deep in the playoffs, right? With decent pass protection, killer weapons for Peyton Manning, and a great pass rush, I don't see this team not being one of the best in the league.

DolfanTom, MonstBlitz and the 23rd like this.
  2. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    nice dream & dreams sometimes do come true.
    in my version of the same dream: we acquire Manning @ QB (Colts) & Nelson @ FS (Bengals), draft Tannehill @ 8 to secure the franchise, then get the best TE & Center available in draft or free-agency... very doable.

yes, this team would certainly go deep in the playoffs, with decent pass protection, killer weapons for Peyton Manning, and an up-graded great pass defense, I see this team as being one of the best in the league with just a few minor adjustments & acquisitions. maybe, we could even have a SuperBowl run in 2012 :yes:

DolfanTom likes this.
  3. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    A healthy Manning alone makes this team a serious contender.

BlameItOnTheHenne likes this.
  4. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    in a world of pure imagination...
    [video=youtube;r2pt2-F2j2g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2pt2-F2j2g&feature=related[/video]

5. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    It'd be awesome if we could land a healthy Peyton. Yes, people, go on the mental journey; just be mindful of your mind's corn-hole. This might not end well.

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  6. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Only problem with this dream is that it is just that. It is a dream and not reality.

The reality of the matter is that Peyton does indeed have a neck problem. If he didn't have a neck problem, he would not have had four surgeries on his neck to correct that problem. So, with that comes expectations, and right now, fans have unrealistic expectations for what Peyton Manning, at his age and with his health problems, brings to the team. There is this fantasy that Peyton is going to fully recover and play like he is 27 years old again. That is just not realistic. There is also this fantasy that Peyton is going to defy all medical odds and play for another 4-5 years. Along with that fantasy comes the fantasy that Miami can just get a developmental quarterback to sit behind Manning, and that the developmental quarterback will develop and become a franchise passer due to the fact that he is learning from Peyton Manning. In reality, that worked well for Jim Sorgi and Curtis Painter, didn't it?

Here's reality. With Peyton Manning, Miami will be getting an aging quarterback who is on the downside of his career. This quarterback also happens to have a severe neck problem, which is very likely a degenerative condition, that will likely keep this aging quarterback from having consistency of his performance. This is also a quarterback who at best has 2-3 years of solid play left in him before he either retires or starts to drastically decline with his performance.

And keep in mind that Miami signing Peyton Manning pretty much seals the fact that the future of this position will not be addressed properly. Those that have this idea that Miami should sign Peyton and then draft Ryan Tannehill have the right idea. Signing Peyton absolutely means that filling the quarterback position should be a two step process, and Miami should absolutely draft a quarterback in the first round. However, that will likely not happen, and the reason is that by signing Peyton Manning, the team will be going all in for the now. They will not make moves with an eye towards the future, particularly at the quarterback spot. This will only reinforce the desire that has been in Miami ever since Jimmy Johnson took over to fill the quarterback position as cheaply as possible. What all that means is that at best, you will likely see Miami use a mid to late round pick on a quarterback, and in three years time, find out that they do not have their quarterback of the future.

Marco, Stringer Bell and Ohio Fanatic like this.
  7. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    ^ Um, excuse me, a giant turd just floated by my Peyton Manning Mind Journey.

DolfanTom likes this.
  8. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
  9. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    KB's post is the alarm clock before you bang that hot chick in your dream. Lol.

10. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    There is a difference between a bad attitude and a realist. Especially one with a medical bg. The world isn't full of fairies and sunshine, and neither is Manning's current state bro. Proceed with caution is all.

11. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    There are other threads for this kind of reality check. This thread is specifically to imagine the "what if"s. But thanks for pooping on my thread. I guess I expect that from the guy who said Cam Newton was too stupid to play in the NFL!

the 23rd likes this.
  12. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Can you start a Scarlett Johansson Mind Journey what if's thread?
    That could really PEAK my imagination.

13. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Tom Brady hates this journey.

14. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    IF and I say IF Peyton is 90% Healthy I do not see any scenario that will have Peyton moving out of Indy regardless of the reports coming out about Luck etc.. Peyton isn't a prospect. Luck isn't guaranteed to be the next BIG thing, he will have to adjust and earn it like everyone else. Peyton IS the elite QB in the league (him and Brady are 1-2 in my book)

I would resign Peyton to a doable 1 year Contract and tell Luck 1 year on the bench to grow into the NFL 1 season. This way they get to have the best of both worlds, if Luck isn't progressing as fast as projected they got a Healthy manning, and one year of teaching from the best.

15. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    why anyone can think they are going to pay manning the $28 mil and keep him when they are about to get Luck is beyond me. :confused2: