1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comfortable Wins are Lovely, yet boring.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DolPhinPhan7, Oct 19, 2020.

1. DolPhinPhan7

DolPhinPhan7 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    As I age, Dolphins season mesh together.

I remember the playoff seasons, I remember the bad season, but the average seasons just feel like the same ones.

Years where quick starts turn in the 8-8 or 7-9 seasons or bad starts turn into average seasons where you can be fooled that the team is going in the right right direction. Just year after year of mediocre crap.

But since the Dan Mario days, I've NEVER seen the Dolphins put together Wins where I can chill and watch other games by the 3rd quarter.

The Dolphins NEVER win games like this, let alone 3 games in a row.

I'm pissed that Tom Brady was destroying the Packers, so I didn't have another competitive game to check out.

Dolphins wins are usually 4th down Turnovers with 1 minute left or a First Down that allows them to run the clock out.

Even in the two playoff seasons we've had this century, EVERY WIN was a heart-pounding run to the end of the fourth quarter.

All I have to say is these wins are very nice.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    resnor likes this.
  2. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I told my dad before the game kicked off that I probably wouldn't watch the whole thing...I expected the rout. Then I told him towards the end of the first half that I was going to make us some food....the TV was still visible from the kitchen, but usually I'd never do that because there's so much urgency on every snap. Then I started working at halftime and didn't return until about halfway through the 3rd quarter.

I did watch the whole 4th because I saw Tua put on his helmet with about 12 minutes left in the game, and I was honestly a little bit bored since there wasn't much worth paying attention to. I'm really glad I got to see Tua's 1st start though and that highly insane 2nd down play. That hip sure didn't seem like a problem and I loved watching him "follow thru" on each play by sprinting away from the ball carrier to sell those fakes.

I did notice on the final handoff Tua was in position to make a block at the 2nd level but rightfully chose to avoid contact, and my first thought was that Fitz would have leveled the guy (or fell flat on his face while trying). It was a good ending though to a game that largely wasn't worth watching because of our dominance.

resnor, Finatik and DolPhinPhan7 like this.
  3. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    I thought the same thing. Fitz would go. LoL

KeyFin likes this.
  4. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I will never, ever be bored with a big win. They're precious. I'm glued to every second.

invid, Sceeto, RGF and 4 others like this.
  5. Hooligan

Hooligan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Costa Rica
    I saw Marino was at the game. I wonder if he was bored too. I'm guessing no.

KeyFin likes this.
  6. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007

Aaron Rodgers was destroying the Packers. That was by far, the worst game I have ever seen him play.

7. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Neither will I. Sometimes I think its going to take destructive lopsided wins before the Dolphins garner any type of respect! Seems that's the only way we're going to get to see highlights the following day

Unlucky 13 and Dol-Fan Dupree like this.
  8. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Our only highlights on NBC last night were Tua's throws. Thats it, from a 24-0 win. You're totally right.

KeyFin likes this.
  9. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    And how many highlights were there of last week's destruction of the 49ers? Its going to take total and complete destruction of teams week after week before we get ANY respect! Hell, we could win the damned Super Bowl and they would show only the highlights of the losing team.

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  10. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I like to believe that there was a time that the league and its media partners truly did their best to be non-partisan and give equal time to each club. It was one of the most appealing things about the NFL compared to the other major pro sports. But that ended a long time ago, sadly. Now, the teams that drive ratings and win popularity contests get the overwhelming bulk of the air time, and the others are left in the trash.

11. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    I used to watch Sunday NFL Countdown on ESPN, back in the 90's I want to say. Chris Berman and cast would literally go through EVERY upcoming game, in detail and you could get a true assessment of every team and every game, including highlights. Now, because everything has become so fan based, the only analysis you get is on the big names...and it absolutely sucks!

On these pregame shows, a 0-5 team should get just as much analysis as a 5-0 team.

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  12. Not So Fast

Not So Fast Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Lake Worth, FL
    I'll take comfortable, boring wins any day of the week. I want the Dolphins to get a win against a contender though!

13. AGuyNamedAlex

AGuyNamedAlex Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    This is the route EVERYTHING in society goes.

It starts of with a niche following where you have to support the entire fan base of every team, but now in the internet age it's about drawing in masses of casual fans.

Casual fans dont care about any specific team, or they jump from boat to boat and only care about the big names.

You can thank capitalism in the internet age for that.

14. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    The only time I enjoy watching a total beat down is if we are playing the Jets and WE are the ones stomping them. Obviously if we are going to get better, then we are going to have to win some tougher games against tougher competition. I'm not going to criticize the team or get angry at them for shutting out the Jets. I noticed certain people on here yesterday were complaining despite us not allowing a single point scored by them. Yeah, Fitz threw a couple of picks, but we shut them out. Not scoring a single point is the WORST way to lose a football game and we did it against the Jets, who I happen to dislike more than any other team in the league. It just goes to show, we could win a Super Bowl and people would complain about how we won it lol.