1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Commentary: I'll take Chad Pennington

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by phunwin, Aug 8, 2008.

1. phunwin

phunwin Happy kids are Dolfans. Luxury Box

2. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Hey, I'd take Pennington too. Over McCown that is. In a heartbeat, actually. I just don't see it working that way. Basically, it boils down to the simple question of whether or not you think Beck's the guy. If you do, there's simply no need to bring Pennington in and write off the 2.5 million in guaranteed money McCown makes. If you don't, then you might as well write John Beck off and dangle him for a low draftchoice. I don't really see how acquiring Pennington and keeping Beck makes sense. Pennington's not coming here to back someone up and the Fins don't really need to shell out all that money just to improve the #2 position. And if Beck can't win the job this offseason against a rookie and McCown/Pennington, it's Henne's turn next season anyway.

I'd much rather see Pennington start for this team than McCown. I'd prefer Beck to start, yeah, but if he isn't the starter come opening day, I see his days in Miami numbered. And if we actually sign Pennington, I'm afraid that his days are numbered right then and there.

I like Beck, like him a lot actually, but let's face it: He's a high 2nd round draftchoice and if he can't beat out McCown or Pennington I'd move on too if I were his headcoach and had drafted Henne. Well, I wouldn't have drafted Henne in the first place to avoid this exact situation, but here we go.

3. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    Bring back your avatar. Please. :wink2:

4. phinphever

phinphever Punk, Make My Day!!

Dec 20, 2007
    Ocala, FL
    One thing everyone is forgetting, Bill Parcells master maniplulator. Bill is feigning interest in pennington to motivate his qb's.

5. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    Yeah I'd definitely love to see an offense that can move the ball... even if it is slowly.

WharfRat likes this.
  6. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Accuracy means a lot.

7. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    great article phil. i agree 100% with everything you said... pretty much what i've been saying in the threads ;) :up:

8. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    We don't really have a deep passing game, so I don't think it would matter much if we brought Chad in, as we seem to go more with the 5 to 20 yard pass patterns. I think we also will be focusing on the run 50-60% of the time if not more. Chad has always been pretty accurate......so I think McKown would be the odd man out if Chad is brought in.