1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Community Mock Draft: With the 44th Overall Pick, the Miami Dolphins Select...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Sceeto, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
  2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Sceeto likes this.
  3. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    I hear ya'. I've seen him projected at #44 or at least the 2nd. rd, several times recently. It's weird. I don't get it. I don't see any chance of that happening, especially with so many teams switching to the 3-4.

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yeah and the thing is, he could go to a that runs a 4-3.

5. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Yeah. There's also has been a lot of talk about him playing some ILB. I understand he has the talent and the capability to do so, but I think his strength is on the outside. His stout, toughness will help against the run, setting the edge, but you don't want to take away one of his best skills, IMO, which is getting to the QB. Have the best of both worlds. IMO. :)

alen1 likes this.
  6. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I think Sintim is a very likely pick at #44. I've seen some mocks that have him dropping to the third round. I don't think he falls that far but I have no doubt that several similarly rated OLB prospects will be available in the 2nd round. I expect Sintim to go in the 40 - 50 range.

7. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Really? Wow! That must have been some good stuff that they were smoking. :) Like I said before, with so many teams switching to the 3-4 D, I just don't see that happening, but I guess anything is possible. ;) Peace.

8. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

9. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    That's the beauty of 2 second round picks, we can go after someone we covet and we can also grab one of the "Shouldn't Still Be On The Board" players. Every year guys slide and if someone else wants him, I wouldn't be suprised to see us trade back for even more picks, therefore it might no be a player but players!!!!!

10. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    There was something CK said in another thread that I think is apropos here. This draft is full of OLBs and they all have some flaws. He said that for him they are all just becoming a jumble. If you look at guys like Barwin, Sintim and Kruger, who are expected to go anywhere from the 1st through the 3rd and are all probably on our draft board. I honestly can't say which one will be the better pro. They all have some strengths and they all have some flaws. If CK and I have them sort of lumped together I don't think it's far-fetched that some teams do as well. (I don't know CK's actual rankings on these players. These are just examples). And if you can get a guy you're similarly confident about in the third would you really want to draft him in the first? I can see that many of these OLBs will sit there for a bit until there is an eventual run on the position. I expect that run to start somewhere in the 2nd.

11. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    i still expect the FO to take Johnson with #25 ... so those being available in the 2d won't matter ... but -- no doubt that at least 2 of the above must make it into the 2d: Kruger, English and Sintim ... and of those - i don't think we have much interest in English.