1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Complete breakdowns of Ryans Ints and TD's last year..

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Aug 2, 2015.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    mcdave21, firedan and 77FinFan like this.
  2. Dolfan984

Dolfan984 Underrated Free Agent

Apr 26, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    Play 11 was such blatant pass interference.....jesus christ

SICK likes this.
  3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    it looks to me that there are a few where he just takes that extra beat where he doesn't need to..especially the one to wallace early in the article.the deep one...on that one he didn't get thru his progression fast enough to see wallace get the edge early in the route.

Dolfan984 likes this.
  4. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    He has improved since his arrival and I hope he does continues to do so.
    With his new options at WR the stage has been set and he needs to be ready.
    I think he will.

5. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    IMO Tannehill still relies too much on his velocity to get passes into tight windows. In that respect he's similar to Kaepernick. Although Tannehill has shown far, far better touch than Kap has thus far in his career (although camp reports out here are that Kap is showing better touch early in TC). Tannehill is actually great at fitting passes into tight windows, but long term I'd like to see a few more of those TDs come off of touch throws. Last season was the first season where I saw Tannehill get a few TDs through the WR making a great play. That was a benefit I saw Luck get early on that Tannehill never seemed to have. The improved WR group will hopefully do that even more often this season.

Looking at his INTs, very few are off of poor decisions or poor passes. In fact, by comparison I see a higher percentage of poor passes from Wilson and more poor passes overall from Luck. I think Tannehill is just forced to make too many passes into tight windows. I'd like for him to take a page out of Wilson's book and choose to run rather than throw the risky pass a little more often. Although an improved receiving group with a higher catch percentage and a bigger catch radius may lower that risk a bit going forward.

6. Springveldt

Springveldt Season Ticket Holder

Any team other than the Pats and it would have been called.