1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Complete Domination Ends in a K.O. ....?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolphans1, Sep 22, 2009.

1. dolphans1

dolphans1 New Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Wow, the Miami Dolphins completely dominated and manhandled the Indianapolis Colts in such a lobsided game, that the only way they could have lost it, was to get K.O.'d in the last round.

How can the Colts score on their very first play....?

Is Peyton Manning really that good...?

Then we take the lead on a long grueling drive and what does our defense do, it gets K.O.'d by Peyton Manning once again.

So here we sit at 0-2, with little chance of making the playoffs.

I forget where I heard it, but teams that start off at 0-2 have a 10% chance of making the playoffs.

I was expecting this team to improve over last year, and I bought into the preseason record, only to be let down once again.

Our team has regressed over last year....unfortunately...

d-1

2. Die_Nasty

Die_Nasty Well-Known Member

May 16, 2008
    West Palm Beach, FL
    The fact that we have lost 2 games doesn't mean that we have regressed. We are a better team than last year that has made a few mistakes, with a harder starting schedule. Also, we started last year 0-2.

I will not give up on this team. We DO have talent and the ability to compete with any team out there.

dolphindebby likes this.
  3. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    Screw that.

Seriously.

We NEED to win the next 2 games period.

Thats all I know. (and am trying to tell myself so I dont lose it)

2-2 and all is well. Anything worse and then people can go ahead and start making funeral plans for their eventual suicide :lol:

dolphindebby and Die_Nasty like this.
  4. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Regressed? Nah. We're about the same.

We just went from having the easiest schedule in the league to the hardest

jetssuck likes this.
  5. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    We lost because Tony Sparano though he could beat Manning's offense with field goals. They were moving the ball at will but were so scared of a negative play or whatever that they wouldn't go for the jugular [touchdowns] late in the game. They only punched it in twice and went for three four times. You don't beat the best QB in the game that way. Yes the defense sucked but when the other team only has the ball 14 and a half minutes it shouldn't matter much what the defense is doing to be honest. This one's on Sparano more than anybody. There is no logical reason to think we wouldn't have made that 4th and 1 before the missed FG. None. They were running at will all night. They could have told the Colts where they were running it and Indy still probably wouldn't have been able to stop it. They were so worn down and desperate they were jumping offsides constantly. When you have your opponent on the ropes you go for the knockout, you don't back off.

Irish Phin Fan likes this.
  6. keypusher

keypusher Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2007
    I am sure it's much less than that (even though we did it last year). But most teams that start out 0-2 are just bad teams. Are the Dolphins a bad team? I am not convinced, yet.

7. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    They could become a pretty good team but they're nothing special now. Their coach needs to have a little confidence in them and not play Wannyball.

8. keypusher

keypusher Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Sorry, d-1, you were right, I was wrong.

"Since the NFL adopted its current 12-team playoff format in 1990, there have been 160 clubs that began a year with a 0-2 record. Only 22 of those teams, just 13.75 percent, became playoff entries. The odds are even poorer in the past decade, with only 10.8 percent of the 0-2 teams recovering. There were no such clubs in five of the past 10 seasons and, since 1991, no more than three in a year."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=4494228