1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Complete list of potential free agents

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by xphinfanx, Dec 31, 2009.

1. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    LandShark13 and azfinfanmang like this.
  2. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    its a nice list but it still no labor agreement so a lot of those guys wont be on there if this hold up.

xphinfanx likes this.
  3. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

That means the team can keep the player on the roster for only a 20% pay increase and the player has to take it. Most of these guys probably aren't going anywhere.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
    xphinfanx likes this.
  4. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Would be nice:

Elvis Dumervil, LB
    DeMeco Ryans, LB

Silverphin, FinsAreLife and xphinfanx like this.
  5. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

DeMeco Ryans would be a God send, but the Texans would have to be folding up shop for good to let him get away. For my money, I don't know if there is a harder hitting linebacker in the league right now. He put me in pain just watching him hit our players.

Brandon Marshall would be great too, but I doubt Denver lets him go, plus...he does have that diva side to him. Someone else suggested Malcom Floyd in another thread, which actually tickles my fancy a bit. Big receiver, seems to have sure hands, which will help Henne out immensely.

If we can draft someone like Jermaine Gresham to upgrade the tight end position and add a receiver like Floyd...I think our offense would improve tremendously, above what we saw this year. Not to mention bigger targets for Henne's occasional sailboat that he chucks up there. :lol:

6. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    List does not reflect RFA if no CBA.

7. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Miles Austin would be nice, with Parcells and co drafting him and all, however he is one of the ones who wont be available with no labor agreement. It would have to be through trade. We could probably get Boldin through a trade, he wants out of AZ. Even though he wants out and is 2nd to Fitzgerald he is putting up good numbers. They are more likely then Marshall.

8. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    UDFA signing

xphinfanx likes this.
  9. Dolphins1Beatles

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    He was? Damn they are really good at getting amazing undrafted players.

10. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Houston is gonna have to make a choice between Daniels and Ryans.

11. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    Guys, read the heading of the list again...

Seems to me that these are the guys who would be restricted. Seems to me like some pretty fair firepower would be coming off the board if there is no CBA.

12. xphinfanx

Nov 1, 2009
    True that looks like they picked a good one there. I bet the Cowboys will find a way to keep him.

13. eric

eric New Member

Oct 11, 2009
    if the cowboys dont let go of miles austin, roy williams is gonna cry himself to sleep at nights

xphinfanx likes this.
  14. xphinfanx

Nov 1, 2009
    Ronnie Brown is one of only two Dolphins and i am pretty sure Brown can be grabbed away from us this year.

15. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

Only if he gets cut or some team is offering a high draft pick.

xphinfanx likes this.
  16. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Why, if no CPA, they will have three tags to use plus any team making the playoffs is restricked by who they can pick up. No if we don't have an agreement by Feb. then I fear the NFL is in for some really bad times. I hate to think these owners care so little for imho it will be MLB all over again!

xphinfanx likes this.
  17. xphinfanx

Nov 1, 2009
    I hope not. If this is so we could be set up much better to actually not make the play offs this season. The NFL has sure put some kinks in things.

18. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I don't know what is going to happy with or without a new CBA, it's too damn confusing IMO. I've read and heard so many different things that I'm just confused by it all :lol:

One thing I know we could really use off of that list... I know most of us are looking at LB's and WR's... But here's a big need too IMO, and a guy that could really boost our secondary. Imagine Smith, Davis and... This guy:

Oshiomogho (OJ) Atogwe

He was tagged as the Ram's franchise player last year, he's put up some great numbers, is pretty damn good as a cover safety, a good taclker. One of the few bright spots on that St. Louis roster.

I don't see us going after him though with the money we just threw at Gibril Wilson, however Atogwe would be a huge upgrade in my opinion. I know he's coming off of a shoulder injury this year, but that shouldn't hinder him next year. He's only been in the league 5 years, so he's still pretty young. It would be a nice addition, I just don't see it happening unfortunately.

Thoughts?

19. xphinfanx

Nov 1, 2009
    This guy does tackle good and makes some very hard hits. I like our rookies but a vet back there helping with his kind of play could"nt hurt. He would be an asset to slowing Welker down. Make Brady hold the ball a little longer and were in pay dirt.

20. Dolphins1Beatles

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Serena Williams would be an upgrade over Gibril Wilson

High Definition and FinsAreLife like this.
  21. xphinfanx

Nov 1, 2009
    Ha ha :hi5: I would rather have Gibril hit me before Serena that girl might lay some hurt on ya.

22. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    i'm only interested in the list after each team resigns the players they want to keep

xphinfanx likes this.
  23. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    :lol::lol:

I just saw your sig on your avatar..

24. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    I am wondering what Brandon Marshal would look like in Aqua and what Ginn would look like in anything but aqua, one can dream.