Computer Almost Full?
2 replies
Go to:
Start
All Programs
Accessories
System Tools
Disk Clean Up
Run the Disk Clean Up Scans and delete what it suggests. I also suggest you open your Recycling Bin because all that music you deleted might not have been emptied from the Recycling Bin. I also suggest that you run the Windows Disk Defragmenter found in the System Tools folder that has the Disk Clean Up. If you don't have a schedule set up, I suggest you do so. I have it running once a week.
I'm sure there's more to add, so if anyone wants to add to this, feel free.
Geek to Live: Visualize your hard drive usage
Lifehacker is a pretty reputable place but I would check comments, etc just to make sure :up:
Also, other than this if you want to know a particular folder you can always just view its properties by right clicking on it and clicking "properties".
C: drive included.
"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl
hmm you sure you're reading the used space/free space data correctly? seems to me something is off...
dont know what operating system you are running, but if its 2000/XP right click on your C drive and go to properties, it gives you a read out not in a % but just in actual GBs...
also empty your recycle bin, if you deleted that many files, they still take up space in the recycle bin, empty it to completely rid yourself of that memory...