1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concerned about being average again.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Vertical Limit, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I've said it before the season, we need to either become perennial playoff contenders or we need to suck completely. There can't be no in-between. Last thing this franchise needs is another average season to get a middle of the pack draft pick.

I'm afraid we'll start winning 6-7 games and just attempt to build off from this year to rollover from next, which will result in more average seasons.

Henne has to step up now and show he can be a franchise QB or he needs to fail. I'm tired of his "potential", the potential needs to breakthrough NOW or it needs to sink. I never thought he had anymore potential than a Dilfer or Kitna would have, that was his ceiling to me in my opinion.

Is the guy a franchise QB or is he a back up? Does anyone think he will carry this team to a championship? Will he ever be a Top 5 QB in this league? If not then we need to start looking closely at next year's first round prospects, just look at the QB's that have won the past 10 years, most of them potentially Top 5 or borderline Top 5.

I rather our team run into some bad luck this season than continue to have bad luck in the next few seasons. Ross will feel like Sparano needs another 2-3 years if we continue to be average... and this will never end.