1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Congrats Dolphins!

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by BleedinGreenNC, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    It's clear you need a Franchise QB to win the Super Bowl. So why should I want 3 or 4 wins instead of 1?

It's so nice to not care about losses and not let it ruin your day, the season is so much better that way. It's just a game. Are rivals just mad that Dolphins fans could care less about a ****ty season? That makes hating on the only team below the Jets so much less fun when we agree and embrace it and don't care. It's like talking to a wall basically.

We're almost guaranteed to get one of the Top 3 QB prospects this year. I hope Luck, but would take Jones/RG3. If they turn into a Franchise QB nobody will care about what happened in 2011.

Happy LUCKtory Monday! 0-6! Thanks for the congrats. :up:

BleedinGreenNC and McLovin like this.
  2. McLovin

McLovin Resident Pats fan.

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    lmao.

3. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Rivers is good? Ok. You might want to check his stats....or better yet. Watch him play. He might have been good, but he is average at best right now. And your evaluation of Sanchez is laughable, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

4. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    no. we just actually count the entire history.

and I love being insulted by fans of a team that is on the short list of the most tragic and putrid franchises in ALL of sports. It's giggle worthy.

5. Darrelle Revis

Darrelle Revis I BELIEVE!

Apr 21, 2010
    New York City
    This statement proves how much you know about the game of football. There's no such thing as a "definite draft pick" and any fan that's knowledgeable will let you know it. HA! WOW!

6. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    For example: Vernon Gohlston

7. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Christ, what a waste of a draft pick. I feel a tiny bit better now that Maybin is contributing. I'll just make believe we picked him instead of "The Ghost" :lol:

BleedinGreenNC likes this.
  8. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    McLovin is a Patriots fan. Certainly you weren't referring to them. You mean that the Jets are on the short list of the most tragic and putrid franchises in ALL of sports, correct?

9. Darrelle Revis

Apr 21, 2010
    New York City
    Great example or Ted Ginn?

10. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Gholston was worse and you know it.

11. Darrelle Revis

Apr 21, 2010
    New York City
    [​IMG]

SICK likes this.
  12. McLovin

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    i didnt insult you.

and i've been a patriots fan since i can remember. i vaguely remember watching them get piss pounded by the bears in 85.

and for a pats fan i really dont talk sh*t. me and bam go back and forth all the time, without insults and we both laugh at it. me and bleedingreennc used to be roomates and are good friends and we banter all the time. i enjoy the friendly banter and football talk more anyway. there will be a time when we go 0-6 and the phins are 5-1

and as far as 2000, yea every team, every sport has bandwagoners. the heat had them last year, the fins have them this year (just in reverse lol)

the line is so old and overused.

if you read my posts after that, not one person but you took it seriously and i even chimed in about how much i respected 1972 and made fun of my own team. i'm happy we are 5-1 but i highly doubt we're superbowl material. we really havent had a real test yet.

BleedinGreenNC and BicketyBam like this.
  13. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    Based on his 2 run backs for TD's and ***** slappping your franchise in a single game then burning the "greatest defensive player of all time" this is a lousy example. He and his family laugh at the Jets.

14. Dolphins1Beatles

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Haha, it's not mine, FinsNation blog started that. It's one of the funniest sports sites.

McLovin likes this.
  15. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    I absolutely love this. I love when the Jets fans start talking trash after a win or two. Because they will never,never ,never,never learn. Its much more fun this way. If they fell off the curb it wouldnt hurt that bad. But, when they climb their fairy tale mountain and then get pushed off it hurts them that much more. Jet fans are not very intelligent. So,you`re welcome to your fat gasbag of a coach and your gay cheerleader. Have fun and go win another super bowl this year again.

16. McLovin

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    i was asked by a jets fan what i thought of luck and my answer was simple and to the point.

"you're gonna need it."

should have known he was reffering to andrew luck.. :shifty:

17. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    With every smartass post, you risk losing that reach around from bleedingreennc :lol:

18. Ughhh, dont remind me.

SICK likes this.
  19. I have to disagree, at least Ginn has accomplished something when he plays.

20. I would say that you guys are one of the SB contenders this year, the Jets dont get near the SB this year.

BicketyBam likes this.
  21. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    As a lifelong Yankee fan and Red Sox hater, I can tell you from experience that the "you've never won so you never will" line of reasoning is flawed. What a team has done in the past has little bearing on the present. Case in point. Prior to 2009, the New Orleans Saints had a franchise regular season record of 262-375-5 (.408 winning percentage). In those 42 seasons, they had 8 with a winning record. 8. By Comparison, the Jets have a franchise record of 351-412-8 (winning percentage of .455) with 18 winning seasons out of 50. New Orleans had a lifetime playoff record of 2-6. The Jets have a lifetime playoff record of 12-13. Did New Orleans pathetic history stop them from winning a Super Bowl in 2009? No. You can make the same argument with the Tampa Bay Bucs. So please. While the argument of "You're the Jets! You'll never win!" is good for a laugh with your fellow Miami fans, in reality it is pretty ignorant. I am always up for a good healthy debate based on facts. I know that the Jets as currently constructed are not a championship team. But it has NOTHING to do with their history.

As for Ryan (the fat gasbag), it could be argued that he would have been Miami's second best coach in team history had he been hired instead of Sparano. His boasts are annoying and getting old, but the man is a very good coach. You could do a lot worse, and you must be keenly aware of.

22. Bite your tongue!!

23. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY

I`m also a Yankee fan and Red Sox hater . A true New Yorker myself. I see, hear and read on a daily basis how the Jets are made out to be something that they`re clearly not- "winners". They get a few wins under their belt and the fans act as if they actually accomplished something and get all arrogant and boisterous. It`s comical at times to say the least. Until further notice and until they actually win something it still is "the same ol Jets". Sound familiar?

24. Okay, your good people! Go Yankees!

25. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    I don't read the NY papers or listen to NY sports radio. I know Francessa on WFAN hates the Jets and gives them zero respect. As far as Jets fans being arrogant, I'm certainly not. The Jets are second class citizens in the NY Football word. For every arrogant Jets fan there are two Giants fans there to tell you how the Jets are a joke and how the Giants have won 3 super bowls. "Same ol' Jets" is a very familiar saying. I hear it from Giants fans, Dolphins fans, Pats fans, Bills fans, etc. It is what it is. Just like you aren't going to stop rooting for Miami because of this disastrous 3 year run, I am not going to stop rooting for my Jets. Ever. And when they finally win - whenever that may be - I am going to be the biggest dick there is :)

McLovin, Pagan and BleedinGreenNC like this.
  26. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Must....bite...tongue...:p

27. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    I'll have you on speed dial, bro!

McLovin and Pagan like this.
  28. Dolphins1Beatles

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    By the way, if the Jets or any other team were 0-6/0-7 I would honestly not bash the fans for wanting the team to lose for an unproven but potentially phenomenal QB. We're just fans and don't effect the outcome, and just weigh the options. Do I want them to go 4-12 and miss out on him or go 0-16 or 1-15 for one year and potentially(we know-nothing's a guarantee) have a 15 year playoff/super bowl contender? This whole "Luck Bowl" thing has made this one of the funniest/unique seasons.

I could see bashing fans though if Brady Quinn was the top QB prospect...but when it's a rare talent (yes, every player may be a bust, but you take the chance) like Luck then it's fine. It's the first time there has been a talent like this during the modern time of social media, fast internet, smartphones, etc. The last time was probably Peyton Manning when we used Dial-Up Internet.

29. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    I didn;t say You insulted me. I was referring to Jets fans.

But I do believe that Pats fans think the NFL started in 2000.

and your team is a contender. You have a quarterback and the AFC is weak this year.

McLovin likes this.
  30. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    correct.

31. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Well that makes no sense...that's just dumb!:yes:

One of these things is not like the other...one of these things doesnt belong!

32. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    From 1988 - 2010 (past 22 seasons not including this one) there are some records for you:

Miami: 195-173 Playoffs 6-10 1 Conference Championship appearance, 0 Conference Titles, 0 Super Bowls
    Buffalo: 194-174 Playoffs 11-11 5 Conference Championship appearances, 4 Conference Titles, 0 Super Bowls
    NYJ: 168-199-1 Playoffs 7-8 3 Conference Championship appearances, 0 Conference Titles, 0 Super Bowls

Unless I want to sound like a tool and invoke a Super Bowl that happened 42 years ago, I'd say that during my adult life Buffalo has been a more successful franchise than my Jets. And to make fun of them for losing all those Super Bowls, well....at least they got there. I can't tell you how many times I saw Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, James Loften, and Andre Reed rip the heart of me at the Meadowlands. It was brutal.

33. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    toss the two Dolphin super bowl wins and the 70's, then do it from 1980.

You see? I rest my case.

Why not use the entire team's history? or is the Miami Heat a much better franchise than the Celtics, since I can do a "since 2005..." selective boast.

34. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Honestly, because personally I do not like calling on crap that happened before most people I am debating with were ever born or don't remember. I am not into the whole "My franchise history is better than yours" and I even adhere to that as a Yankees fan. In the mid/late 80's to the mid 90's, I used to get my balls busted by Mets fans. I never broke out the "check out or our 20 whatever World Championships." It didn't make the current state of my team any better. I am not judging anyone who uses that line of reasoning - it's just for me.

I used 1988 because that was the year I turned 21 (hence the my adult life portion on my post). And the point of my post was to show that Buffalo fans have a right to cap on the Jets. But to update this, since 1980:

Miami: 275-212-1 Playoffs 12-15 4 Conference Championship appearances, 2 Conference Titles, 0 Super Bowls
    Buffalo: 242-246-0 Playoffs 12-13 5 Conference Championship appearances, 4 Conference Titles, 0 Super Bowls
    NYJ: 229 -257-2 Playoffs 10-12 4 Conference Championship appearances, 0 Conference Titles, 0 Super Bowls

Still looks like they can cap on the Jets :lol: And honestly, other than a better regular season record, you guys don't have too much to brag about over them in the past 31 years. ;)

35. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    well..other than the fact that we live in Miami and they are still in Buffalo..yeah, you are right, we don't have much to brag about over them in the last 31 years.

36. BicketyBam

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    My parents moved from NY to Aventura back in 2000. 34th floor of a beautiful condo overlooking the inter coastal. But once you drove south of there, it looked like a tropical version of the South Bronx. Still beats Buffal-hole, the armpit of New York State. P.S. I do not live in NYC. I'm 60 miles north on the Hudson River and other than the ridiculous taxes NY has to try and fix their financial mess, I love it here. And my parents sold the place in Aventura and bought a house in North Carolina. Not as hot and my mother wanted a house again, not that you care :lol:

Section126 likes this.
  37. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Buffalo = North Mississippi.
    NJ= ****hole in general.

Both suck ***.

38. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    I can confirm that since I spent 12 years in NJ and 6-7 years in Mississippi. The two armpits of America.