1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Congrats Fin People!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by L.T.21, Dec 20, 2007.

1. L.T.21

L.T.21 New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I meant to throw this congratulations earlier but I've been out of town! I saw the game at the airport and literally was ecstatic for your nation!

CONGRATS FISH!

What's even more funny is the combination of Lemon (Charger) to Camarillo (Charger). I couldn't stop grinning about that!

Secondly, great pick-up with the Tuna. Besides the obvious, I think just having the Tuna alone **MIGHT** be able to help land free-agents. One thing The Tuna does know if football and having is acumen about building a team should help tremendously.

Keep in mind, the current team in Dallas is Bill's team, not Wade's. Bill has been wanting a front office position for a long time, I see him being in your organization for quite a while.

If I recall, he's VP of Football Operations? If so, don't let the title fool you. The Tuna is the GM of the team. Draft decisions, scouting, etc... will be handled by Bill.

The big question, will Cam stay? Hell I don't know...but from my view, I think he'll keep Cam ONE MORE YEAR to prove him wrong and to find out whether he deserves to keep that capacity.

However, if there was ONE candidate that I could nominate -- Ryan out of Baltimore. A defensive minded head coach that can run the 3-4, 4-6, etc...

Cowher - No Chance, he is not leaving the booth this year.
    Marty - No chance, he'll stay out for another year or 2.

Get Ryan!

Other than that, CONGRATS!

Go BOLTS!

Bring on the patsies...

PS: One more thing. I guarantee Bill will bring in a QB veteran next season. Mark this down.

Celtkin likes this.
  2. sabanhater

sabanhater New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Philadelphia
    it's a good day to be a fan. haven't said that in a while

3. L.T.21

L.T.21 New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Oh and a Tight-End too. Bill loves a TIGHT-END in his system. :hi5:

4. PhinFantic

PhinFantic New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    New Jersey
  5. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    LT21, thanks for the posts. It's great to have a fan from another team around here who isn't actively trying to troll us to death. How's Chambers working out for you guys? I remember you being high on him.

Regarding Parcells as the GM... he's not. He'll probably take it upon himself to have final personnel decisions, but he won't handle the scouting. That will be left up to the GM. Cowboys director of scouting Jeff Ireland and 49ers VP of Player Personnel Scot McCloughan have been mentioned as candindates. Parcells and Jerry Jones pretty much let Ireland run the draft room, which speaks volumes, and Ron Wolf is pushing McCloughan to Parcells.

If Parcells likes tight ends, then he and Cameron have something in common. Cameron had Antonio Gates. I think if Cameron stays around, he'll do his best to convince Parcells of the need for a TE at pick #32. Fred Davis, please.

6. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    thanks, can you toss us LT if your feeling nice enough to do so?

7. L.T.21

L.T.21 New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    LOVE Chambers. LOVE HIM. LOVE HIM. LOVE HIM.

We've interviewed him a couple of times and talk about professional. His professionalism is ridiculous. It's also great to see him working with James Lofton, putting in extra hours after regular practice.

He's made some RIDICULOUS catches the past 3 games. Some catches that he's made is jaw dropping. His vertical leap and how he times it perfectly is a thing of beauty. Hopefully Vincent Jackson can learn from him that you have toa ttack the ball at it's highest point.

The other thing that has been even more impressive his ability to hold on to the ball. He takes a POUNDING and he still hangs on. There have been times hwere he's crossed the middle and the has been POPPED by a LB and safety and he still hangs on to it. We haven't seen any dropped balls so good thing for us. He should have at least 3 more TD's but one was negated from a offensive line holding, the other 2, Rivers missed him after he got behind the secondary.

Parcells offense has always had a VERY SOLID catching TE. He'll look to get one in the draft, guaranteed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks LT.....glad you guys took care of the Denver Donkeys.....love to see them suffer here in Colorado.

9. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

:hi5::ffic::up::thumbup:

10. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Aqua? Aqua4Ever04, is that you?

What publication do you work for?

11. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    Ive been screaming that all season L.T.21 . Beck if hes the chosen one needs a TE who can move the chains. It makes the draft that little more interesting now.

12. kadiddlehopper

kadiddlehopper Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thanks for the thumbs up! We'll just have to wait again, and see what the future holds!
    And if we don't take care of the Pats, ya'll better come playoff time!

13. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    The Win was great LT thanks.

To be honest about Parcells, I'm the rare one that really is nervous about this. I'm not happy about Parcells having contol like this.

14. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey

I was hesitant about it at first too, but I've come around quickly. You can't ignore the fact that Parcells has a terrific nose for talent. It feels great to have someone so knowledgeable and proven running the team.

Desides, Fred Davis at 32? I don't know about that one buddy. I'm not gonna deny that Davis would be great for us, because I think he will be. However, I'd go defense with that pick...and the one before and after it.

15. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    Thanks alot.The true fans sweated this victory out.The others already turned off the TV.We almost gave it away but it was meant to be I guess.:up: The Parcells pickup is the gem,though.Personally i can't be happier.Best man out their for the job IMO.I think Cam will stay another year and hopfully Cowher will be ready to join the ranks.
    Congrats to you BTW.SD is picking it up at the right time.Good luck to you're team in the playoffs.

16. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    C'mon, you're killing the "Chris Chambers is the Worst WR in football" argument. :lol:

17. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    classy post. thanks.

18. L.T.21

L.T.21 New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    LMAO.

I know. I kept laughing to myself when I read that thread. As someone in here said, stats are funny. Any statistician can make ANYBODY look good or for this matter bad, er...worst.

Chris benefits from the offense around him no doubt. The past couple of weeks, since Norv finally decided to run with 21, the defense has to match up with the formation Norv is installing. IN other words, pick your poison. Do you stack the box with 8 to stop the run, double team Gates? Or leave CC one-on-one. As the Titans and Detroit quickly found out -- you leave CC one-on-one, he'll take advantage, and he has.

What has pleasantly surprised me is his breakaway speed. A lot of people said he doesn't have that breakaway speed...I think he does.

Like I've said a million times, both teams benefited from the trade. That 2nd round pick, if used correctly can greatly help you guys out.

19. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Nice to have you around Brother!:up:

20. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    TE is definately aneed

Thanks for the Info, I had misunderstood his duties before.

Nice to see Chambers playing well in San Diego, I wish you guys luck.
    (although it wouldnt hurt if you guys lose out so that second rounder is higher)

He's not Ginn fast but he is speedy.

Your insight is always appreciated LT.

21. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    the chargers are happier then pigs in you know what, i was in the whales vagina all week last week and they could'nt be happier, and at the same time they think we have the dumbest front office in the league.

For me it was letting go of wes, that was all the inditement i needed to know that we are in trouble, thank you mr. H for bringing in the man BILL FREAKIN PARCELLS

22. mmikel30

mmikel30 New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    in a house
    then what the hell does wediermeier do ????

23. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Chambers and Ronnie Brown are my Fav players in the NFL i Really wish we would have Kept Chambers

24. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Call me crazy, but I personally think it's possible for your team to go the Super Bowl. And I'm not going to lie, Chris Chambers will be a major reason for the Chargers success if something like that happens. I agree with picking your poison, you wanna stack eight in the box? Feel free, just gotta throw the rock to Chambers or Gates. Put one of them one-on-one, you'll look foolish. Gonna try and stop them both? The LT will make you a very sorry man.

It was a great trade for both teams, it helps us in the future and helps you guys right now. Best of luck to you guys as the season goes on. I will be rooting for you guys to keep those Pats away from the Super Bowl!

And I was always calling that "Worst WR in Football" label terrible because Chambers is far from it. See what happens when he has something to work with in San Diego?

25. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    :wave:

[​IMG]

26. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    i think you're right about it benefitting both teams. Chambers wasnt going to play as well for us as he will for you. He now has something to prove. We need the draft picks. Also he was too exopensive for us to keep for the production we were getting out of him. You guys are a playoff team who can afford to overspend slightly to get you over the hump in the playoffs. Same thing regarding Welker. We needed the pick more than the player. Hopefully we find someone as good as Satele or better with your pick. Good luck in the playoffs and thanks for the kind woprds

27. L.T.21

L.T.21 New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    That darn QB, overthrew him again. ;-)
    :wave: