1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contract Question

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by GridIronKing34, Feb 21, 2013.

1. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    So some of you know I do video production for a living and I recently started up a wedding videography business as a side-job. Whenever we book a date, we send out a contract then they send it back signed with the retainer (deposit)... I sign it myself then scan it and e-mail or mail them a copy.

Anyways this time what happened was I received the retainer but what I received for the contract was ONLY the "undersigned" portion with their name, signature, and the authorized name/signature. They literally cut the contract where the signature portion was and I only received that part of the contract. Now I've never had someone do and I assume it was just negligence on their part.

Is this something where I should call them back and tell them we'll need to re-sign the contract with nothing cut off? It's not like I'm concerned about a problem coming up but I am curious what the right course of action would be.

2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I would think they'd need to re-sign it correctly in order to prove why and what they are signing. Just a best guess though.

Tone_E and GridIronKing34 like this.
  3. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Id agree with Stitches. And for future contracts Id put in a prime spot a sentence to the effect of "Please send back the entire contract in its original, unaltered state"

You might want to consult a lawyer if you know one on how to phrase that.

GridIronKing34 likes this.
  4. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Yeah I'll have to include that. I just didn't expect anyone to do that. :lol: