1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornell Armstrong active over Cordrea

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Redwine4all, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Redwine4all

Redwine4all Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2016
    We have three roster slots open. We could lose two QBs and Cordrea and activatve three players to the active roster. If Cordrea has been a fourth rounder instead of a third rounder, he would already be gone. I am not sure what they are waiting on with that. The kid is horrible.

As for QB, I understand keeping three (as long as one is Falk)...I don't understand keeping both DF and BO. Make a decision regarding them and drive one. We need to be developing younger OL, a swing OT, and LB.

The other huge glaring weakness is McMillan. That guy is horrible. He has the speed of an OG. He has the instincts of slug. Not good when he's chasing RBs. I understand we may have to keep him this year, but next year, we need to replace him. I don't see him improving at all. And its not like Baker...where he has all the skills, just needs experience. RMc doens't have the skills. Physically, he's out of his league in the NFL.

Maybe a team that liked Cordrea in the draft will pony up a 7th round conditional pick for him. Basically no risk. If he makes your team (and he probably won't) its worth it. If not, not harm, no foul.

I think its obvious Gase likes the WRs he had active on Sunday. There really isn't room for DvP. Now is the time to get rid of him. I'd give some team the same deal...a 5th round offer...if he isnt on the active roster for half of your games, then you don't owe us anything.

2. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    And here I thought you were posting a news nugget that Armstrong was activated.

All of these “what if’s” or “you know what we could do?”

Offseason is over guys

ChrisKo likes this.
  3. Fame

Fame Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Vero Beach
    Or maybe not all players develop at the same speed and the coaching staff sees untapped potential that they don't yet want to abandon.

But you're right. He's probably just, like, totally, ugh...the worst ever.

aesop and thetylernator like this.
  4. 407PhinFan

407PhinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Tankersley played really well last year, for a rookie especially. He has all the tools you need to be a shutdown corner, and he's only in his second year, adapting to a different scheme with many more responsibilities. It's just too early to give up on him. Xavien Howard was not very good in 2016, or the first half of 17, but the back end of 17 and through these two games he's been a stud. Tankersley could do the same. He's 24 years old.

As far as McMillan is concerned, he's played two NFL games. His problem isn't athleticism, it's his understanding of responsibilities. He's no Deion Jones, but he is fast and agile enough to play LB in the NFL - However, he keeps putting himself out of position which makes him look sluggish. Again, it takes time to develop. Once he is more comfortable in the scheme, he'll look a lot more athletic. He's basically a rookie - He didn't even get to play in preseason last year.

As far as Brock Osweiler and DeVante Parker, I agree, but I'm inclined to think that they're waiting until later in the season when a team might pony up more for a QB that has experience in the hopes they can make a run. After all, the Broncos did get to the SB with Osweiler(Not because of him, but a contender may hope they can make it happen with the right pieces.)

5. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Nobody is being traded in week 3, give it a few more weeks for teams to make determinations of needs and injuries before we start throwing that stuff around.

Tank played well enough last year we aren't going to dump him for a 7th or just as a cut, especially not if we don't have anyone other than another "jag" lined up.
    DVP the plan is to sit him and see if that lights a fire. If not, use situationally and maybe trade to a needy team as the deadline nears.
    Raekwon we don't have a better option or one that provides the potential upside.

Dude, you gotta realize that sometimes you need to take lumps in order to progress. You don't just draft 6-8 ready to go all stars every year. If you just drop half your draft after one year of not instant all pro play, you are going to have a really really bad time. Chill.

Irishman likes this.
  6. Redwine4all

Feb 4, 2016
    Cornell was activated over Cordrea. Rosters don't just change in offseasons, guys.

7. Redwine4all

Feb 4, 2016
    I don't have a time table...we just have roster spots available.

Tank sucks. He said it. Burke knows it. Keep him...its fine with me. He makes the 7 inactive number 6 very easy...We kept Carroo too long and cut him.

I dont expect to only draft allstars. But if you miss on a draft pick, own it.

Raekwon will get a chance to prove himself.

8. patcobb

patcobb Active Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Relax. tank is in his second season. Its funny how convinced you are that you know more than everyone, including the coaches, media, and board members. 3 weeks ago you wanted Gase replaced.

Irishman likes this.
  9. 407PhinFan

407PhinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Cordrea Tankersley has started 11 games. Effectively, he's 3/4ths through his rookie season, now he's adjusting to a different scheme with different responsibilities. Give him time, he'll be alright. If everything clicks for him, he's a potential pro-bowler.

Irishman and Surfs Up 99 like this.
  10. Surfs Up 99

Surfs Up 99 Team Flores & Team Tua

May 5, 2016
    IMO, CB is such a need position that I don’t mind keeping a guy a little longer to see if they turn the corner.

11. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Tank banged his girl.

Fame, Redwine4all and Tin Indian like this.
  12. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    I don't know why Tank has taken a step backwards this year. I do know that it is only his second year and if he was good enough to be on the field for 11 games last year there has to be something there to work with.

texanphinatic and Irishman like this.
  13. Surfs Up 99

Surfs Up 99 Team Flores & Team Tua

May 5, 2016
    I think I remember a guest ( Ira ?) Travis had on his show that did a lot of research, and a book, on CBs. Tank was a guy he was high on. Maybe it’s a chemistry thing between him and his position coach.

Tin Indian and Irishman like this.
  14. Redwine4all

Feb 4, 2016
    ROFL...uh, no. I don't think I know more than anyone. On the contrary, I know I don't much about the NFL and certainly about scouting players. I am just here giving opinions.

I am fairly convinced Gase isn't going anywhere, regardless. But Tankersley...I don't get the intrigue. He was overdrafted. No sin in that--it happens. The problem is when they hold on to a loser longer than they should. I actually think they are handling it ok. They are activating a 6rd rd pick over Tank. They know they screwed up. Now he'll get a chance to improve, get right, play better, and make his critics eat crow. Those of us criticizing him will be watching with baited breath everytime he enters the game.

Right now, he's a complete and total disaster. Or, to use his own words describing his own play, he's "hot garbage.". Either one works.

15. Deus ex dolphin

Deus ex dolphin Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2007
    If I wrote that it would be pun intended.

Surfs Up 99 likes this.
  16. Redwine4all

Feb 4, 2016
    Yes, that's it. Because when you see him on the field, he's a dynamo. The other teams WR has no chance...Its just be personal. It's not like he call himself hot garbage or anything. Its not like the coaches haven't come close to activating him for a game this year. No doubt, Cordrea Tankersley is the second coming of Sam Madison. ROFLMAO...