1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could Marino Bring Cowher To Town If Philbin Flubs?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bpk, Aug 26, 2014.

1. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I don't disagree with that, for several reasons, but what's done is done and we have a season to play. Looking ahead to next year before we even play the 1st game is ridiculous though, because you're claiming to be a fan and rooting for the team to lose to fit your agenda. I'm not saying you personally, but that ends up the mentality of a lot of people. It just doesn't make any sense...

2. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I dont get it... Oooh did I say ugly coaches lose more? Lol

My two cents via iPhone.

3. Bpk

Use the Jon Martin pipeline.

My two cents via iPhone.

4. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Not enough cocaine on planet Earth.

5. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    No, but I'd def read that correlation if you type it up lol

6. Bpk

No clue how to pull data for that!

Post potential HC's pics on hot or not then plot on scatterplot graph w hot or not rating versus winning percentage?

My two cents via iPhone.

7. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I don't think Cowher has any interest in being an NFL head coach again. He is comfortable in his job at CBS and he has plenty of money for several lifetimes.

My first choice if Philbin is replaced after this season would be Harbaugh, if he decides to leave SF, which I don't think will happen.

There is a lot of interest in Malzahn becoming the HC, but the last I checked, it was FSU who won the championship last year. They are also picked to win the championship this season. So I would have to think that Jimbo Fisher would be a better selection for the job than Malzahn.

Malzahn has done a great job of building teams with explosive offenses, but the Auburn defense was below average. Fisher on the other hand built a team with both a solid offense and defense.

I don't know if either Malzahn or Fisher would want to become an NFL HC, but if they both want to take the leap to the NFL, I'll take Fisher over Malzahn.

8. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Yes, it's difficult to start over with a new team. But if a coach can take one team get them to a superbowl, then the fact that he already took a team to a superbowl has no logical detriment to his ability to do it with another team. You didn't say, "It's harder for a coach to get a new team to a superbowl than his original team." You said "No coach has ever taken 2 different teams to a superbowl." which implies winning a first superbowl somehow impairs the coaches ability to do it again with another team. That's faulty logic.

9. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Lol Malzahn is about 2000000000x the coach Jimbo is. Malzahn took a QB who throws worse than I do to a NC game and nearly won with his innovative coaching.

I'm not sure how you expected Malzahn to build a terrible Auburn team into an offensive AND defensive powerhouse in a single season.

10. heylookatme

heylookatme Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2012
    Jimbo Fisher is not, in my opinion, even remotely comparable to Gus Malzahn.