1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could Ronnie Injury Mean More Time for Pat?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan94, Nov 15, 2009.

1. dolfan94

dolfan94 New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    As soon as the schedule was announced, I loved this TNF game, because it would mean that both teams would have 3 days to prepare(if they dont take any days off). And with Carolina's conventional offense, and our wildcat offense,it seemed like we had a HUGE advantage there, as they would have no time to prepare for the Wildcat AND the rest of the gameplan.

But with Ronnie's injury, and him most likely being out this week, as the Miami Herald is reporting, the Kitty Kats will probably not worry too much about the Wildcat.

So Pat White coming in, and doing something we havent seen yet, could catch them way off guard. Or even running someone else with the Wildcat. This is a non-conference opponent, so who knows if they would be willing to let the dice roll right now, but truth is.....if we lose this game, we are most likely talking about the draft for the rest of the season.

Dont know if they used him at all today since I wasnt able to watch or listen to even one second of the game.

So anyone else see it happening?

2. huck1974

huck1974 FU Gene Steratore

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    not good to talk about Ronnie injury.
    If your counting on White to make up for that then we are................

3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I suppose its possible to see more of White Thursday... probably more probable than possible actually. However, that said, we have Ricky still, and Hilliard and polite as well.

I guess its not a bad idea, we have Thigpen as the 3rd QB, so even if we put white out there to run more, and he gets hurt, we have Henne still, and Thigpen as well in the event White gets hurt. Thigpen's been here for quite some time now, so he should have a good grasp of the offense if needed.

4. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    More likely to see more Ricky[obviously] and Polite with some Hilliard.

5. RunRickyRun

RunRickyRun New Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Wouldnt mind us activating thigpen and seeign what we can do with him in carolina. it woudl be a homecoming for him.

6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Wise up folks, White is clearly Ronnie B's replacement in the Wildcat.

Pat White has to put on the big boy pants and do some things.

7. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    White hasn't done much out of "The Pistol" now he commands "The WildCat"?

I would much rather get back into base and run Ricky and Lex. Scrap the cute stuff and be smash mouth.

8. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    I hope not.

If anything I hope it means more time for Base Offense...

9. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Yep...simply because P White is "the" X Factor in an otherwise staid offense.

10. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    That Pistol needs to be shelved and they need to re-evaluate how they're going to use Pat White.

Him taking snaps and that college offense isn't going to get him out in the open field with the ball enough for this to continue. IMO, those were wasted plays today. Give that ball back to Henne and let him be the Robot.

Memo to Pat White: Any idea how sweet it would be if we could throw the ball to you?

11. Shamboubou

Shamboubou Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Sorry, I say scrap the freaking Wildcat and lets run an offense. We dont need to try and figure out ways to keep the Wildcat alive. If we have it great, if not then lets just run the offense and see how Henne does being able to gain some flow with the offense.

12. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I think we'd see more of Ricky taking the snaps from the WC.