1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could Satale be the only pick from 2007 to survive ?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by PMZQ, Aug 1, 2008.

1. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Last year we thought we finally had gotten a decent draft by Cam/Ram. Now its looking like Satale could be the only pick to actually be playing as a starter. How depressing :no:

Why is it this franchise seems to be so snakebitten ? :pity:

2. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Its pretty obvious Ginn will.

3. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    Ginn and possibly Beck as well

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Brandon Fields the punter will stick.

Ed Miles was a UDFA last year wasn't he?

5. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Ginn and Satele will start. I've had my doubts about John Beck being the starter, and thus far in TC, he seems to be proving me right, sadly, but I think he's a solid #2 QB in the NFL (like Sage Rosenfels was) that can come off the bench when need be. Soliai seems like he has it together this year, but we've still got to see it in games. Kelvin Smith might stick as a backup LB, but he's got to prove it on special teams. I think Reagan Mauia gets beaten out by Boomer Grigsby.

All in all, the class wasn't as good as the hype it brought. Satele is clearly the find of this class until Ginn pans out as a legitimate #1 WR in the NFL, or if Beck can stick as a starter.

6. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Are you sure they will start ? As for the punter....well he's a punter :pointlol: I think Satale might be the only starter, that is really, really sad. :pity:

I should be excited like last weekend, but the blog reports give me no reason to get excited, especially since I was rooting for Beck to be "da man". :sad:

7. Lt Dan

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    Well possibly means just that and yes, Ginn WILL start

8. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    You guys seem more optimistic about Ginn than I am. So far he seems to be non-existant in TC blogs. The invisible man if you wish.

9. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Miles was a Saban guy. :wink2:

PMZQ and padre31 like this.
  10. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Na, just because you dont hear a ton about him doesnt make it a bad thing. Ex. Vernon Carey going back to the right side.

Everything I've read about Ginn this camp has been very positive. There were a few articles about him. One was titled "The game slows down for Ginn."

I really have no doubt he starts barring injury.

PMZQ likes this.
  11. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Id say theres a pretty good chance Ginn starts given the recent injury history Glenn has as well as the other alternatives available.

Im pretty sure Beck will at least make the roster, though you'd like to see the more seasoned of the two young QB's win the starting job.

PMZQ likes this.
  12. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I know you're just throwing that out there for debating material so I'm not trying to flame you, but I believe that we need to give the rookie class 3 years to prove their worth before we throw label on them

Ted Ginn is showing promise as a receiver as he's receiving nothing but complements.

John Beck is still in the QB competition, pretty neck and neck between Henne and Beck, IMO. I think Beck will get the nod simply because they don't want to go into the season with a rookie leading the team but I could be wrong.

Samson Satele is a beast, enough said.

Lorenzo Booker was traded for a 4th, can't really call out Cam/Randy on that one.

Paul Solai will likely make the squad, he was a project player to begin with.

Brandon Fields will probably be our punter.

The rest of the guys I don't think really stood a chance when Parcells took this team over. They were 6-7th round hit or miss picks anyways so can't complain about that.

MelbournePhin, PMZQ and calphin like this.
  13. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Brandon Fields, Satele and since when is Ginn going anywhere???

14. Dannyg28

Dannyg28 Say hi to the rings

Jan 4, 2008
    in training camp no news is good news.

15. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    It's a little premature to write off our players, give them a chance to show what they can do. :wink2:

DennyCrane, PMZQ, calphin and 2 others like this.
  16. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

Why are people down on Ginn??? I think he played well considering how unpolished he was at Wr. punt returns and kickoffs he played really well IMHO. he had a couple called back on stupid penalties.

17. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I wouldn't read into those blogs.

18. calphin

sometimes being invisible is a good thing!!

19. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    I like Ted Ginn Jr and all and I am glad we picked him. But the only way it would have been a good draft is if we got Brady Quinn.

20. like2god

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    What has Brady Quinn done in the NFL to warrant that conclusion?

DennyCrane and alen1 like this.
  21. calphin

:cry:little boy!!:wink2:

22. Kanye West

Mar 23, 2008
    What it is true I mean dont get me wrong I love Ted Ginn Jr. He will be a great player. But just think if we had Brady Quinn right now Quincy Carter would not be here.

23. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Thrown three interceptions and fumbled a couple times in practice this training camp. :up:

Seriously though, what has he done to make fans bash the Ginn pick and praise Quinn for holding a clipboard?

like2god likes this.
  24. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    He's not here and likely won't be.

calphin likes this.
  25. Lt Dan

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    Oh my God, are you kidding me. Quinn is so overrated it isn't even funny. So, so glad we didn't draft him

Puka-head, like2god and calphin like this.
  26. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    DUH, youve obviously forgotten about the Subway and Myoplex commercials. Not to mention the gay pics and facebook ads.

PMZQ and alen1 like this.
  27. like2god

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    I think it has to do with the smile and not actually anything on the field.

His hype was amazing last year and all of the Miami writers fell in love and the fans ate it up. Everyone was so smitten with Quinn that it was unthinkable that we might actually pass on him. But Miami did their homework, they put Quinn through the ringer and decided that he wasn't their guy. When Ginn was announced the Miami fans were devastated because they had heard for months and had their heart set on Quinn.........and they still do even though the Cleveland bench has his *** groove indented into it.

DennyCrane and alen1 like this.
  28. calphin

Quinn was ESPN hype..

alen1, Kanye West and like2god like this.
  29. like2god

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Again, what has Quinn done in the NFL to make you think anything would be different right now? The only difference between Quinn and Beck right now is draft position, neither player has been able to show much of anything, so how is Quinn better?

30. Kanye West

Mar 23, 2008
    What has John Beck done. Once agian I love Ted Ginn Jr and John Beck. I am just being devils avact

31. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Not trying to put you on the spot but for what reason did you want Quinn? Also, how do you feel about our current QB situation since you wanted Quinn? I do want to point out you that Beck was highly regarded by Ireland when he came out. Beck was on top of their QB draft board and I wouldn't have been surprised "the trio" was here last year and still took Beck.

Kanye West and calphin like this.
  32. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE FOOTBALL COACH 32 YEARS Luxury Box

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    How many teams have more than one rookie starting from last years draft? If we knew that we'd have a better understanding of where we stand. Does anyone know?

33. Kanye West

Mar 23, 2008
    I just feel if we would have gotten Brady Quinn we just would not be in this position we are in right now because Brady Quinn is a first round pick and drafting a second round pick for a franichs qb just seems like we are not trying to get a good qb. I am not trying to say Brady Quinn is better then John Beck. I am just mad at the Dolphins for not trying to get a qb in the first round when he falls in your lap.

I hope that answered your question.

34. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    So, let me get this straight, you are saying that because Beck was a second round pick, he is not a good QB and is not franchise QB material? I wonder if you would say this about Quinn if he slipped to 33.

theWeasel likes this.
  35. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Well lets just see who we have after an almost complete turnover by the 08 FO; here is what we started with:

RD #
    1 9 TED GINN Jr WR OHIO STATE (Still here and an alternate probowl returner last year)

2 40 JOHN BECK QB BYU (Competing for the starters job in 2008 was to be projected starter by former FO)

2 60 SAMSON SATELE C HAWAII (A starter last year and the present FO has him as the starter this year)

3 71 LORENZO BOOKER RB FLORIDA STATE (Traded for a 4th rounder before the start of TC)

4 108 PAUL SOLIAI NT UTAH (A project at NT and still on the squad)

6 181 REAGAN MAVIN FB HAWAII (Still on the squad)

6 199 DREW MORMINO C CENTRAL MICHIGAN (Gone)

7 219 KELVIN SMITH ILB SYRACUSE (A project and still on the squad)

7 226 BRANDON FIELDS P MICHIGAN STATE (our punter last year and looks to be the punter this year)

7 238 ABRAHAM WRIGHT DE COLORADO (Gone)

To me that works out to 70% still on the squad with the possibility that we have as many as 4 starters this year with a totally different FO and coaching staff. I would tend to think that as of right this minute we had a very good draft last year considering that no one from last year is still managing this team. Will we have 4 starters from this years draft? That is yet to be desided but even if so that doesn't take away from what was, to me, a very good draft. Remember there is no one from the 98-03 draft to make it at all. Also when you add Greg Camrillo into the mix as a FA pick up what is not to be excited about? I am.:wink2::up::hi5:

36. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Well there was that Tom Brady guy. I don't think he was drafted in the 1st round.

Kanye West likes this.
  37. Kanye West

Mar 23, 2008
    No that is not what I am trying to say at all. I think John Beck is going to be a good qb in this league. To be honest with you I dont know aht I am trying to say. I have it in my head but I cant get it down making it sound like I want it to. I will try get me a few min

38. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Good post ga.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
    gafinfan likes this.
  39. calphin

You do know that just because a guy is picked in the first round doesn't mean hes gonna be a great qb . ryan Leaf,Akili Smith,Heath Shuler,Andre Ware & tim couch just to name a few.

40. Kanye West

Mar 23, 2008
    I know I was not trying to say that bro. Plus Tom Brady cheats