1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could this man be looking over Parcells & Sparano's shoulders ?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DolfanJake, Sep 5, 2010.

1. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    [​IMG]

He is free to coach again now that his wife has passed away. He may be wanting to get back into the fray once again.

Sparano needs to have a good year and make the playoffs. Ross paid way to much money to not see his team in the playoffs once again this year. Ross also will not look too kindly on Parcells if Henne doesn't appear to be "the man".

2. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Ross is probably going to screw this team up and hire his buddy Carl Peterson if we dont do well in the playoffs. Hopefully not, we are getting where we want to be even if it isnt quicck enough for some people.

3. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Are some of you guys serious? :pity:

we are 7 days from WEEK 1 !!!!!!!!!

ChrisKo, dolfan7171, eric and 21 others like this.
  4. ascii

ascii People Watcher

Nov 27, 2007
    Etters, Pa
    The Miami Dolphins TC theme - "Feed the Wolf"
    The Miamid Dolphins fans TC theme - "The boy who cried wolf"

eric, Marco, CaribPhin and 3 others like this.
  5. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Other teams have turned things around quicker than we have. This "rebuilding" has been going on since Wanny left. That, need I remind anyone, was 7 freakin' seasons ago. That is an eternity in the NFL. It drove Huizenga to sell he became so frustrated with the whole thing.

I too think Peterson is a distinct possibility, and he of course will want to hire his own man. But with Cowher out there I think Ross just might at least try to lure "The Chin" out of retirement. At least we can hope so, if Parcells and his boys are dismissed.

But Peterson scares me, and I have stated that on this board before, that his coming in is a real possibility.

sws84 and adamprez2003 like this.
  6. Finsanity

Finsanity New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    City of Angels
    Seriously god forbid people who start these thread ever have a real crisis in their life. They would turn around and run or curl up in ball hoping to disappear.

eric, Marco and B.Sebo like this.
  7. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    blasphemy SICK. this is mutiny vote-off material right here :shifty: :lol:

j/k. seriously people need to calm down

8. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Poo-poo my thread if you wish, but you must admit that Ross didn't pay $ 1 billion to have a franchise that loses. We have been in the playoffs 1 time in 9 years. We haven't been in the SB in 26 seasons. That makes us one of the worst franchises in the NFL. Ross didn't by the Dolphins so they would lose.

I think Sparano has to come out fast or end up with Cameron on the Dolphins junkheap.

9. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Who's that guy?

10. ascii

ascii People Watcher

Nov 27, 2007
    Etters, Pa
    A judge from America's got Talent? :shifty:

11. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    2007- 1-15...

2008- 11-5... Hows is that for quick turn a round...

Boik14 and late again like this.
  12. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Parcells doesn't get fired.
    Parcells doesn't get forced out.

Nobody is looking over his shoulder. He will finish out his contract.

Now if they don't win after four years, you could definitely see a change. It took Jeff Fisher 5 years to turn the Titans around. Tony and this crew will get four years.

Marco, djphinfan, Bpk and 3 others like this.
  13. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    the rebuilding for this team started in 2008. Cameron drafted smaller and quicker players. When Parcells came in they basically had to redo the entire team to meet their size criteria. Even Ross wont blame Parcells for the Saban and Cameron years

14. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Thats what I think also. The only thing that worries me is Peterson and Ross are buddy buddy. Ross better not screw this up

15. siciliansith

siciliansith Resident Deviant

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
    When you start from scratch you're trying to fill so many holes you make lots of moves and take chances. As the roster fills out IMO i believe you have a smaller group of positions or spots that need to be filled so you are allowed the latitude to look more closely at needs.

When we looked at needs in the first year of the Trifecta/Triumvirate there were needs at all positions so the draft reflected this. We took chances mixed and matched to get a core to start this building process. We were able to assemble a solid functional core. we went 11-5 on coaching alone imo.

Sparano has shown a ability to out game plan other coaches IMO. Does that always win games no. We out played the Colts, NO but still lost. You need the proper personnel.

Sparano saw our deficiencies and has signed off on changes in the defensive staff and a overhaul of the offensive Line With a total revamp of the defensive line. I felt these areas were adequate but couldnt put us over the top so they should have been changed.

The Offensive line while very good last year was injury prone and ageing. There injuries probably cost us a game or two down the stretch. (that would have got us in the playoffs)

The Defensive line was also aging and ran out of gas in the later part of the season. Pasqualoni's defense was predictable and not aggressive enough for a Parcells and hopefully Tony. I believe they cost us two or 3 games with the way they fell apart in 4th qtrs.

So while we may not be were we want to be. I believe the coaching staff minus a few mistakes has been very EFFICIENT(LOL).

There's always room for improvement and I believe that's what this front office and Sparano did this off season. I do not believe he has any reason to look over his shoulder JMO.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  16. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    great post :up: i think the point about first year restructuring being about finding bodies and not necessarily long term solutions is something too many people miss. We are very close toi just being able to draft BPAs every year and not worry about specific needs. We are no longer look to fill holes but rather we are now in the process of upgrading talent from average to good at many key areas

siciliansith likes this.
  17. siciliansith

siciliansith Resident Deviant

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
    Thank you ,

I agree that first yr got us functional. It was very important how we established ourselves. But also in the context of this thread the coaching was outstanding with the new group of guys.

We have looked for pieces since. I am sure the staff believes they've missed on a bunch of guys but over all so has every other team. So we churn the bottom of the roster. We did it this year will do it again so we stay young and hungry.

So I come back to Sparano/Parcells and Ireland. While smart business guys (Ross) like things there way, i also think they know talent when they see it.

Carl Peterson may be a good friend but Ross has so many other places he could use him. He doesnt need to be here. :wink2:

adamprez2003 likes this.
  18. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    too early to give up on a season that hasn't even begun

late again likes this.
  19. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Ok, not hardly....first it does appear as tho Foxy here in Carolina is not going to be here next season...they have a very, very young roster here, and as loyal as the Richardson's have been to him, it could be his last hoorah here. This is Cowher's home town, where his family is now. If he comes back into coaching, it seems to me that this is where he'd start looking.

Second, the only reason Cowher comes here is if the Troika is completely dumped....meaning that if Sparano is dumped, he's not coming here to sit behind the Tuna and Ireland. The dumping of the Troika would also required a complete meltdown of this team this coming season, which isn't out of the question, but not likely. There is simply too much talent for that to happen. They may not be great this year, but they won't embarrass themselves...

However....there is some merit to what you're saying...Ross has spent oodles of someone else's money to make this fan friendly stadium and the glitz and glamor, improvements to the stadium and all that. That said, he may finally come to the realization that the TEAM is what draws the crowds, not the stadium....

On the other hand, the Tuna may say, "Hey, Ross...I'm gonna can that skinny guy running the team and bring in some more of my cronies to make it happen" and that may be enough for Ross....

This is a defining year for the Troika, no doubt but Cowher is nothing more than a pipe dream....

20. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Yet you state in another thread you still have hope without even playing a game :wink2:

21. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Who has turned a team from 1-15 to 11-5 quicker than Parcells and Sparano did?
    We took a step back last year for several reasons...among them: our starting QB took a season ending injury. One of our starting CBs also a season ending injury.

Fin D and siciliansith like this.
  22. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

While I agree with SICK, if we had to, Cowher would be someone I'd like to see. All Mike Tomlin had to do was be Bill Cowher and he won a ring. I like Sparano though and I would like for all of us to give him the benefit of the doubt.

siciliansith likes this.
  23. SF Dolfan

SF Dolfan New Member

May 3, 2008
    Stop making SENSE!

24. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    Uh.. .. , does anyone mind if we play the season first before we hyperventilate? :sad:

siciliansith likes this.
  25. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    what do we say now ? :wink2:

26. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    well I've seen enough. I have the path to the ledge cleared.....

27. BB Ocho

BB Ocho Season Ticket Holder

Dec 10, 2007
    Florence, SC
    :smackhead:

28. Itsdahumidity

Itsdahumidity X gonna take it from ya

Dec 10, 2007
    Well for one thing, if you want Cowher you better hope the Giants turn it around and have a very good season. Why? That's his dream job.

Boik14 and DolfanJake like this.
  29. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    I don't know if I've ever been so disgusted or disappointed over a game ever. The Special Teams play has been awful this year and really hasn't been good in years. I still have know clue what Henne was thinking on those 2 picks in the 1st half. How could he not see the Lb sitting underneath?

This was a pathetic performance from a team that I expected far more from.

DolfanJake likes this.
  30. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Oh I agree we wouldn't be his 1st choice for a number of reasons. But Ross has a wallet that could be persusive.

31. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    What the hell kind of statement is that?

32. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Its the reason he retired from the Steelers. To stay around and take care of her before she passed away from cancer. He is free now to do what he wants. Do people have to stay in mourning for 10 or 15 years or do like Queen Victoria and go into permanent mourning ? (She wore black every day from his death in 1861 to her death in 1901)

33. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Not gloating but maybe some apologies from those that dismissed my opinion point blank. It did and still does have merit.

34. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    Either way you are taking advantage of the sitatuation. Either way I think before you tsk tsk others about being club members you should re consider just what it is you are doing.

brandon27 likes this.
  35. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    I didn't deserve the beating I took for that thread and you know it. It was unfair. You are just protecting one of your "inner circle" friends. Its so high school.

36. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    No, your reaction is high school. I am pointing out you are trying reprimand people about being "club level" while you simultaneously go against the very idea. Even if the beating was unfair, you can't just move one? Why the desire for an apology? Not to mention you are still taking advantage of a loss and you are still trying to say you were right and others were wrong, which is gloating. Spin it how you want, it is what it is.

Boik14 likes this.
  37. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    Would be true, if I was in actuality trying to threaten you. Otherwise you are just being paranoid.

38. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Your bumping of this thread in the manner you did is exactly the same thing. Clearly you're already over the ledge with most of your posts since last night anyways, so I'm not sure why you're getting all up in arms about.

Look, It sucks what happened, it certainly does. But its not all that bad, though road ahead no doubt is going to be very challenging.

I'm starting to question the coaching as well, but I honestly don't see anything being done unless we win less than 5 games this year. It is a concern to me though how this team, as a whole continues to find ways to shoot itself in the foot with poor execution. The good thing though, it really seems to be all on the ST unit lately. I think a coaching change there has to happen ASAP. Possibly Henning too. Anything more than that, I just dont see happening right now.

39. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    What about the admin of this place bro? We try and keep it respectful. No one said anything that could really be taken personal except for one comment in this thread which was deleted. The fact that few people agree with your stance is no one's fault just a manner of opinion. Your opinion is important as well, but everyone else's is weighted equally.

40. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    yes it should