1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coyle likey Grimey.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Jun 30, 2015.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I thought it was thread worthy..

pretty cool if you ask me and have said many times Brent is a special athlete..

and it's JMO, but i'm telling you he has not lost a step, or a half a step.You do not go from covering the best wide receiver in the game like he did..and have your athletic ability drop off in that short amount of time..doesn't work like that.

you can post your declining defensive stats if you wish..but I'd like to just appreciate the special athlete and body this dude is and has..check this vid out, it has his rehab footage in there when he was making his comeback..What a road, what a comeback, what a great football player..this dude can play another three years, switch him to slot later on and were good..right now, enjoy a top 5 corner in the game..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjGdjYfSsCg

77FinFan, Fin-Omenal and Fin4Ever like this.
  2. DolphinGreg

DolphinGreg Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 7, 2014
    That one-legged box jump....dude is insane. I'm telling you...Brent Grimes is the baddest dude at CB right now. Ya'll can have VD and RS and DR all day. I'll take Optimus Grimes, happily.

3. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    Well in all honesty, I would like Grimes and Vontae.

PhinFan1968 likes this.
  4. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    how bout the hurdle, where he's jumping two and hovering about 2 feet over the top of the hurdle..

He's an elite corner for sure..what he did against megatron was what he is capable of when the challenge is big...kind of like what he would play like if the game was on a big stage..such a bad *** lil fu*&er.

77FinFan likes this.
  5. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    DolphinGreg likes this.
  6. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    from tiny junior college, to undrafted free agent, to elite corner in the nfl..

wait a second, can we start to say one of the best small corners ever? i was a huge antwone winfield fan, but this dudes ability to play and excel at an elite level on the perimeter is quite unmatched in the modern era no?

Fin4Ever, MikeHoncho and DolphinGreg like this.
  7. DolphinGreg

Dec 7, 2014
    [video=youtube;Sr9agAlOGYM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr9agAlOGYM[/video]

Fin4Ever likes this.
  8. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

That is one of, if not THE, most insane interceptions I've ever seen. Made his INT against Megatron look simple (any slightly underthrown ball near Grimes is deadly).

Love the dude's play.

9. DolphinGreg

Dec 7, 2014
    That's misleading. Please don't convince yourself that was EVER an option.

The team went to FA to find a veteran CB only because the it had a vacancy to fill left by the departure of Davis. As I recall there were 2-3 moderately impressive CBs on the market (Brent Grimes, Chris Gamble, etc.). It's unlikely the team would've pursued a veteran CB like Grimes or Gamble with Vontae Davis and Sean Smith as starters on the roster.

If Davis wasn't traded, the team would've never had cause to pick up Grimes.

Miami OBVIOUSLY went with the right guy in getting Grimes over the other available FA CBs.

djphinfan likes this.
  10. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Sirius NFL radio was doing a nice piece yesterday on every teams' best NFL players over 30. They spoke at length about Wake and Grimey. Specifically mentioning how Grimes struggled when he came out with Atlanta and every QB picked on him. But he stuck with it and his game caught up with his athleticism to make him elite.

11. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    Oh there is no doubt he is a special player. He seems to improve with age. I love his style of play. Can't wait to see him on the field.

12. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    I'm always amazed on just how high Brent Grimes can elevate, what with the weight of those two planets hanging off of him.

13. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

We're damn lucky to have him...dude is just a fireball on the field...all over the place slinging that athleticism around like it's completely natural to him...because it is.

14. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    Amazing that he never went to the ground after that play. Like the Lions coach said, he's a freaking cat.

15. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    Yes, Greg, I know that my man....was really just thinking out loud how good we would be at #1 & #2 CB with both. I realize that it would not have happened..in all honesty, if Jamar can stay healthy, I think that he is gonna play some really good ball for us...I liked what little we got to see last year...He could become a top 10 CB in the league pretty quick imho.