1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Craycraft back

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    The Dolphins will have wide receiver River Cracraft back for the 2023 season. Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports that Cracraft has agreed to re-sign with the team. It’s a one-year deal and no other terms have been reported.

Cracraft joined the Dolphins in 2022 and appeared in 11 games for the team. He caught nine passes for 102 yards and two touchdowns. Cracraft has experience returning punts from his time with the Broncos and 49ers, but the Dolphins did not use him in that role.

dolphin25 likes this.
  2. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    An interesting move. Surprised we have gone out and brought him back and brought in Berrios but not Sherfield. I thought Trent did a good job as essentially a #3 receiver and special teamer. Plus he was a McDaniel guy ... or maybe not.

I'm also curious to see if we retain Wilson. I doubt we would cut him, but perhaps a trade. There are WR needy teams and this free agent class is weak. TBH I was surprised we didn't trade him last year at the deadline, there were so many teams who needed a WR badly. Green Bay, Giants, even his old Dallas team. He just feels kind of superfluous with Hill and Waddle in the top two slots.

3. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    I think we should hold on to Wilson for now. I'm not sure how he ended up being phased out last year, but he would fill in nicely if either Hill or Waddle end up injured. Glad to see River back. I guess this means Sherrfield is gone? If so that sucks because I really liked him.

4. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    The only reason I would hold on to him...for a while anyhow is trade bait. He really didn't contribute much at all last season.

dolphin25 likes this.