1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crennel hired by the Chiefs as DC....

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by CANEPHINS, Jan 13, 2010.

1. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    So more and more it looks like it will be Al Groh. Once again, the talent pool from which to pull from is very thin right now. Add into the fact that UT is now looking for a HC, OC, and DC...well, that pool just got a lot thinner.

I just don't see or hear of any other names out there right now that could be a stop gap 1-3 year fix until someone else is groomed to take over or a better name becomes available.

2. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    I would rather promote Bowles.

Edit: Or hire Jim Mora. Wasn't he a great DC before he bacame a HC? Kinda like Wanny and Cam?

3. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    The one thing that scares me with Mora...teams don't get better under him. They lose aggression. You lose that and the D suffers. I think he has lost 2 teams and that is more than enough to disqualify him from a major position. As a DB coach...sure. He would be fine. However, I would not put him in charge of the entire D.

I know we are putting our trust in Tony and Company to put this ship back together. I am just not sure about where we go from here...especially with the Senior Bowl coming up and needed a DC in place very quickly.

gunn34 likes this.
  4. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    The one thing I don't want is our D to lose aggression. :no:

If true...never mind Mora. Promote from within. :up:

5. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Zach thomas!!!! :shifty: