1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Criticize My Team Please!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by n9necount, Aug 22, 2008.

Tags:
  1. n9necount

n9necount New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Low Cash money leage--12man. 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 TE, 1K, DEF format. I have the #2 waiver. Plan to cut Tarvaris after Peyton's bye and pick up another player

1. (11) Marshawn Lynch RB
    2. (14) Peyton Manning QB
    3. (35) Chad Johnson WR
    4. (38) Plaxico Burress WR
    5. (59) Hines Ward WR
    6. (62) Chris Cooley TE
    7. (83) Ronnie Brown RB
    8. (86) Chicago DEF
    9. (107) Rashard Mendenhall RB
    10. (110) Anthony Gonzalez WR
    11. (131) Ricky Williams RB
    12. (134) Robbie Gould K
    13. (155) Tarvaris Jackson QB

2. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    That's actually not a bad team. My only concern is your investment in Chicago; the Bears' D is not as great as advertised, and Robbie Gould won't get many FG/PAT attempts thanks to the general ineptness of the offense.

And now that I think of it, Santonio Holmes is probably a better option than Hines Ward this year. But that's really not a big deal.

Good job.

3. n9necount

n9necount New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Thanks! I appreciate the input. It's funny you mention Chicago and Ward though, because I totally ran the clock on both of those picks and made last second decisions.

On the Ward pick it was between him and Stallworth and New York Giants were available when I picked Chicago. If I could take it back I'd probably take New York, but tough call either way I guess

4. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Ward over Stallworth is fine. (Ward dropped that far? Really? Or are you just that high on Stallworth?)

I definitely would've taken the Giants defense over the Chicago defense, though. Giants play in a tougher division, true, but their defense is just absolutely stifling.

5. dolphan117

dolphan117 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Your team is garbage. Its horrible. My dead grandmother could put together a better team. Come to think of it so could a monkey on meth. Who knows nothing about football.

I have seen better lineups on UPN, Soap TV, and the Home Shopping Network.

Is this the kind of criticism you were looking for? I just want to help. :shifty:

:pointlol:

Boik14 and Stitches like this.
  6. n9necount

n9necount New Member

Nov 26, 2007

Damn, looks like im out 20 bucks :lol:

7. n9necount

n9necount New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Two points per sack too :( Which they're probably going to get alot of vs Campbell and Donnovan. I really want that decision back. But then again, Bears up against Rodgers, Tarvaris, and Kitna x2 was what was going through my head in the last 5 seconds of the clock. And... to make matters even more interesting I could have taken Minnesota(up against Orton/Grossman, Rodgers, Tarvaris, and Kitna LOL) in the spot where I got Ronnie. I almost wanted to gamble on that in the hopes that Ronnie would fall further but I just couldn't pass up on him in that spot. I was almost 100% sure that the guy to my right at the 12th spot was a Dolphins fan and even more worried that he would have probably picked RB.

8. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    The Packers and Vikings both have great OLs. The Vikings' might just be the best in the NFL right now.

I'd have taken the Giants, no question.

9. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    your team blows chunks

10. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Passing on the NYG was a mistake. Probably need another starting RB somewhere. To get manning that late you had to be drafting with idiots. Dont love the ward pick either but dont know who else available then either. I like ward more then Stallworth but less then a lot of other players. If harrison gets hurt again Gonzalez is a heist. Overall B+

11. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico New Member

Jun 8, 2008
    I would be very happy with that team. One potential problem could be your QBs, depending on if Peyton misses any time (doubtful) I might have looked for a better back-up than Tavaris who has been getting nicked up too. I can't believe you got Ricky so late since he'll probably be playing more than Ronnie.

I really like your team.