1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crooked cops crash car, frame the other driver

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Frumundah Finnatic, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    [ame="http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7eb_1248892629"]LiveLeak.com - Crooked Cops Caught Plotting To Frame Motorist (VIDEO)[/ame]

She shouldnt have been driving though.

calphin likes this.
  2. TrueDolFan

TrueDolFan Minion of Satan

Jun 17, 2008
    Twin Cities, MN
    This type of thing happens all the time, and just one of the many reasons why I can't stand the dirty police.

3. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    it does not.. it happens once in a while.. I can't stand dirty cops either, don't sully all the good ones.

4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    wonder if they had mclovin sign the witness forms

5. TrueDolFan

Jun 17, 2008
    Twin Cities, MN
    Cops covering for other cops happens DAILY in this country, it's happening somewhere right now as we speak.

Police are just people. They're not super-moral and righteous crime-fighting gods. They do NOT deserve special admiration.

IMO, good police are the exception. Most of them are ***** on a power-trip at best.

6. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    I gotta disagree. While we may only hear the horror stories about the bad guys, I believe that there are more good cops than bad ones, the problem is stories titled: Police Help Stranded Woman on I-95 don't sell newspapers.

I can't imagine a more admirable job than one where you put your life on the line on a daily basis to try to help keep society safe.

7. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I agree 100%, but it's scary to think about what's NOT caught on camera. These cops had to know the dash-cam had audio, yet still did this. It opens the discussion as to what happens when no one is watching...

Tone_E, cnc66 and opfinistic like this.
  8. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    I imagine a lot of problems are solved in a far swifter manner on the DL.

pennphinfan and HardKoreXXX like this.
  9. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    You're probably right. I do hope by "Administrative Leave" the Sheriff meant "We're going to fire their sorry asses".

opfinistic likes this.
  10. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    you have no proof of that.

like2god likes this.
  11. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    It's an unfortunate decision they made when they decided to manipulate the situation to avoid whatever discipline they would have coming their way due to the incident. For all we know they could have been good cops, and now their jobs are on the line.

12. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    most of the cops i have met have been complete dick heads with a power trip it seems. there are some good ones, i have a couple cousins that are married to cops and their cool, though one has some dick head tendencies. i try to avoid cops at all cost just so i dont have to find out either way...

13. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Are you kidding? You want proof, my good friend google can surely provide plenty of stories from the near and distant past. Anyone would be naive to think otherwise.

This is disgracful because they are ruining a young girl's life to cover up their actions. She looked fine when walking the line. Whate 'proof' did they have to determine she was dui? I didn't see a breathalizer.

TrueDolFan likes this.
  14. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    As someone who has family members that are police officers, that is an extremely unfair characterization based on a few bad seeds, something that you will find in every line of work, and quite frankly I'm insulted. Usually when people blame the police, they are trying to cover their asses and deflect their own responsibility for their actions. For the folks that like to malign and point fingers, I hope the irony isn't lost on them when they find themselves the victim of a crime and they call the police for help.

15. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    are you kidding? show me it happens every day. then show me its happening right now. on top of that show me the majority of cops are crooked with your stories. You won't be able to. You know why? because it doesn't sell newspapers if they do their job. Don't be ridiculous.
    and I havent said they were justified, not sure why you are bringing that up.

16. TrueDolFan

Jun 17, 2008
    Twin Cities, MN
    1) Yep. This was cought on camera. There are thousands of incidents every day that aren't. Do you think that Rodney King was the first guy those dirty cops beat? It's only that it was caught on camera that a story was made about it. Otherwise the police would have covered it up to protect their own.

This woman was lucky that the filthy pigs weren't able to screw her like they thought they were going to. I hope all involved lose their jobs, and I hope she sues the hell out of the PD where it happened.

2) It's the whole, "Who polices the police?" question. When nobody is watching, the police do whatever they want. How many times have you seen a squad turn on his lights and siren just long enough to get through a stop sign? How many times have you seen the police fly past you without having lights and siren going (no emergency, just speeding).

If you honestly think that these cops draw the line at doing these "minor" things, you're a fool.

17. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Wow. If you're not smart enough to remember there's a camera with audio 3ft from you while you're blabbing about you're highly illegal schemes, then you're sure as hell not smart enough to carry a gun.

These guys should all be canned and you would really have to examine all the convictions they've made.

18. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Cmon now.. we can disagree all day peacably, no need to insult those that don't think like you. :hi5:

19. TrueDolFan

Jun 17, 2008
    Twin Cities, MN
    Usually when people try to speak out about police misconduct, there isn't video evidence to back them up. So the police sweep it under the rug to protect their own.

Personally, I enjoy it when the police are caught on tape doing this kind of thing. It proves me right about them.

Are there good cops who join the force becuase they want to help their community and fellow man? Indeed.

Most of them join because they have an ego problem, want to have power over other people, and want the government benefits and pension.

20. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    the internal affairs, the media, the population, fbi, etc, police the police. I don't think anyone said the cops haven't/don't do worse things. To say they all do/majority do it though is to make an allegation you have no proof of and to make a generalization based of what two stories a month if even that?

like2god likes this.
  21. TrueDolFan

Jun 17, 2008
    Twin Cities, MN

:knucks:

cnc66 likes this.
  22. TrueDolFan

Jun 17, 2008
    Twin Cities, MN

You don't need proof. You need common sense. If you see one ant, there are THOUSANDS more that you aren't seeing.

Being an intelligent individual, you HAVE to understand that for every story like this, there are literally THOUSANDS like it that aren't getting reported.

Tone_E likes this.
  23. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    If you look at general stats, anything you can think of, deaths by car accidents, births, anything, the numbers are astounding, and usually beyond belief. Why? Because of the sheer number of people. You know how many cops are on shift within the US right now? Over a million. The chances are great that one cop is covering up for another cop as we speak. I’m not saying murder 1s, or police brutality is being covered up on a consistent basis, but I can assure you they have in the past, numerous times, but even minor incidents that really aren’t a big deal ARE being covered up. And these minor cover ups won’t sell newspapers either – to us they are probably non issues. It is all about the principal though.

I am not at all downplaying the cops, or putting them in a negative light, but whether you want to believe it or not, they cover each other’s behinds EVERY day, all day, throughout the country.

I have personal friends on the force, and you would be surprised at the stories bro. Confiscated weed. One partner kept it for personal use, the other, totally against it. Guess what, the fact that he wasn’t reported is a COVER UP. Keeping an illegal substance sure isn’t legal. But guess what. That same cop would take a bullet for people like you and I, and I am grateful for that.

Just don’t be naïve and pretend like all cops are like Horatio and are super moral.

TrueDolFan likes this.
  24. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    Or I need to make a rash assumption, because thats what you are doing. And news stories of corruption are not even remotely comparable to giant ant colonies, vermin, etc. Intelligent individuals don't just start throwing out numbers at random. Nor does common sense dictate that you should do so. Common sense would say you should stop looking at this with emotions, and look at the big picture.

like2god and slickj101 like this.
  25. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    I have family in law enforcement I've heard the stories. Its still a rash assumption you are making from a couple of news stories or even personal stories. You can slice it however you want, but you have no proof.
    I never said they were super moral. Both you and true dolfan, if you guys actually had some basis for what you are saying, wouldn't need to be throwing out the insults and trying to put words in my mouth in order to make that point. How about you don't be naive and assume a few personal stories and stories in the media make fact.

like2god likes this.
  26. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Intelligence and common sense would also suggest that you shouldn't have made your comments because you are just as guilty as the person you are accusing. Do you know the BIG PICTURE? Are you in Internal Affairs? Do you know what goes on behind Internal Affairs' back? Do you even wear a badge? Don't think so.

There is no big picture. I'll make my assumptions, you make yours.

TrueDolFan likes this.
  27. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    Didn't mean to be insulting. I'll take that comment back. Sorry bro.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  28. TrueDolFan

Jun 17, 2008
    Twin Cities, MN
    It's not a rash assumption to think that for every story you hear about in the media, there are thousands that go unreported. It's plain common sense.

I used the ant colony as an ANALOGY to illustrate my point.

Tone_E likes this.
  29. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    Fair enough I make some assumptions. I however have admitted that cops can be corrupt and cover up for one another. I have not however, assumed to know a number. I have thought about how many news stories we hear about, versus how many everyday incidents in which a cop does not act corrupt and given the number of cops on the force, have come to the conclusion that there are more non corrupt incidents then corrupt incidents. You have taken a few stories, and said the majority of cops are corrupt or cover for one another.

like2god likes this.
  30. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    I guess we have a different idea of common sense then bro. My problem with what you are saying is you are saying 1 incident equals 1 thousand. By you logic I could say one act of good means the cops perform 100 thousand acts of good by the cops and just call it common sense. Of course we would both agree that I have no proof of that.
    And an analogy is a comparison.

like2god and slickj101 like this.
  31. TrueDolFan

Jun 17, 2008
    Twin Cities, MN
    You're probably right. You choose to look on the bright side and assume they're all on the up and up until proven otherwise, I assume that all police are corrupt until proven otherwise. I'm a glass half-empty type of guy when it comes to the police. You say tomato, I say tomahto.

But the fact still remains that there is, and always will be many more corrupt incidents/police officers than we hear about in the media.

32. TrueDolFan

Jun 17, 2008
    Twin Cities, MN
    Is the number exactly 1,000? Probably not.

I'll say it like this. For every corrupt police action, there are many more that go unreported.

Also, you would be correct in assuming that for every good act, there are many more that go unnoticed.

33. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    There are hundreds of thousands of cops in the US and only a few commit crimes.

What I have a problem with is the unilateral decision-making power that cops enjoy; we should find a way to relieve them of both the temptation to abuse that comes with that kind of power, and the burden of it as well.

We entrust them with far too much power over individuals, while at the same time not empowering them to use enough force to deal with tough situations.

34. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Actually, there is almost always video or radio transmission. There are video cams on police cruisers, most police departments have installed recording devices into the cars to pick up any audio, many police officers have their mic keyed when they go into a residence for their own protection and to alert fellow officers of any trouble in the event that they can't reach up and hit the mic, there are cameras all throughout police stations all over the country, there are actually very few instances where there is a blackout. And alot of claims of police misconduct are nonsense, I hear stories all the time of people who are caught red handed that claim that they "didn't do nothing" and then either claim they were arrested because of their race or that they were set up by the big bad police officers.

My nephew arrested two kids who were spray painting homes, businesses, street signs, etc, they both had paint all over their hands and clothes and they had the freakin' paint cans in their backpacks and they had the nerve to claim that they were arrested because they were black. Another kid was arrested for breaking into cars and stealing cell phones, GPS, etc and had the nerve to claim that he was arrested for no reason, yet his cell phone was full of text messeges of him trying to boost the items and telling his buddies what he stole. Another guy was shot and killed a few years ago, police were called to his house because he was drunk and threatened to kill his family, the police showed up and the guy walked out from behind his house with an air pistol and pointed it at the cops, they shot him because they had no idea if it was real or not and he refused to put it down. Then his family claimed that he was killed because of his skin color.

What people claim when they are arrested is often times nothing more than a case of CYA.

Riiight...

Lets look at some other generalizations based on one or two examples that you can find in the newspaper:

Priests are gay child molesters
    Black people are criminals on welfare
    White people are snobby rich people
    Doctors are drug addicts and drug dealers
    Women are sluts
    Most guys are rapists
    The vast majority of airplanes crash
    Almost all cars run over little kids
    Pretty much all dogs attack their owners
    There are only a few Muslims that aren't terrorists

"Are there one or two that don't fit that profile? Sure, but the majority follow those stereotypes."

Would that be a fair characterization of each one of those groups? Or would those statements be ridiculous because they take one or two examples and make a broad generalization of a whole group of people? If I said those things, would I be right about them?

:pity:

GoPhins! and opfinistic like this.
  35. Tone_E

Dec 8, 2007
    I'm with you, but I never said the majority of the cops are corrupt. I only said they are covering each other on a daily basis, only because there are so many of them. The few bad tarnish the image of many good.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  36. wpgfishfan

wpgfishfan Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    For the guy who gets upset about the skinny jean comments and then throws this out there???:no:

37. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Only one solution to ths police problem gentlemen...robots. That's right. From now on, all law enforcement will be handled by emotionless droids therefore eliminating any race-based accusations of wrongful arrest or corruption.

I, for one, welcome our new Robotic overlords are pledge my support.

Fin D, SICK, like2god and 2 others like this.
  38. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    He can handle the self-inflicted metrosexual abuse, but the abuse of power put him over the edge.

39. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    One small bad decision.....SNOWBALLING....into many, many, many STUPID and worse decisions....Officers of the Law are human, and its tough to remove the bad seeds until they show their true colors under stress.

like2god, cnc66 and opfinistic like this.
  40. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    What a crazy week on ThePhins.

First I find out that Nappy is a cracker.
    Then Fin D kills an elderly woman.
    Now a Mexican is defending the cops.

I feel like I'm in Bizarro World.