1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crowder: McClain spit in my face | Video surfaces

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Muck, Nov 7, 2010.

1. siciliansith

siciliansith Resident Deviant

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
    I dont get it muck your a level headed guy? Why would a coach respond to some lowly player talking trash? If he did we'd all be laughing at him. A coach is the team leader he has no reason to respond to a player. Also IMO when sparano says he didnt say anything he means he didnt say anything to start the exchange not that he didnt respond.

Is this sarcastic?

2. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    I remember someone on here saying not to re-sign him and then got blasted for it because I said he didn't make plays, or enough big plays.

Oh yeah....that was me. :)

Seriously, I thought we were better without him this year.

3. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

There is quite a few of yall, not just you. You guys were wrong then, and your wrong now. Crowder is not great by any means, but the only thing Dobbins does better then Crowder, is get down hill quicker. We are not better off with Crowder as of today...its really that simple.

4. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Without Crowder this season: 17.75 points per game given up.

With Crowder this season: 20.75 points per game given up.

That is a full scoring drive given up per game worse with Crowder than without him. That 1 more scoring drive was important in the Steelers game. Take away that and we win. 5-3 looks a lot better than 4-4.

Granted...the offense isn't doing much to help the D out in any game. Still...17 points per game is a lot better than 20 points per game.

gunn34 and Fin-Omenal like this.
  5. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    one of those games (patriots) the defense gave up 13, but the pats scored 41....so the numbers will be skewed a bit :wink2:

Section126 likes this.
  6. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Well...to be honest, I counted 20 point for the Pats since one TD came on the 11 yard TD run (but in reality should be credited to the ST for their F up). So if I took that out...it is only 16 points per game given up. :)

SICK likes this.
  7. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    so we arent worse with crowder on defese? actually....better? :lol:

look, crowder isnt a world beater.....but good god, hes better than dobbins or carpenter

8. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    No...we aren't. He didn't play in the NE game. His first game was GB after the bye week.

So taking out that TD that you want credited to special teams...

Without Crowder: 16 points a game given up by the D
    With Crowder: 20.75 points a game given up by the D.

Getting close to a TD now at almost 5 points a game. A matter of fact, we are a TD worse because it is now either 1 possession with a TD or 2 with 2 FG's worse with Crowder.

gunn34 likes this.
  9. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Crowder does not deserve a tenth of what he makes, he is very average and imo would have lost his spot to Edds by now anyway.

That being said Mclain is a ***** for spitting on him then lying to everyone on camera saying thats not his style? BS fat boy that was a punk move.

The real story about this game is how our defense is far from dominant and Im slowly losing faith in Henne who ive ben high on since he was drafted.

10. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    based on what? a hunch? edds never played a down in preseason let alone an actual nfl game....

11. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

You can't be serious? Considering we faced offensive jaggernut Buffalo with Trent Edwards at QB, a Vikings team in disarray and Favre at his worst. Then when Crowder comes back we face Packers, Ravens, Bengals, and Steelers? I mean do I even need to finish this point?

SICK likes this.
  12. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Edds may have taken Crowders spot on passing downs, but Edds is the furthest thing from a 3-4 LB, he would not be taking anyone's full time spot anytime soon...

13. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

Based on watching Crowder be average for 5 years. I guess Edds could be below average.....point is Crowder is just an ok player who talks way too much.

14. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Any given Sunday bro...

Did anyone think Cleveland would put up all those points on NE? But hey...when you look back at the Pats schedule you would say Cleveland...please.

Still...it happens. Facts are facts. You play who you play and it doesn't matter who is on the other side of the ball. Anyone can beat anyone. And to say the Vikings were in disarray is a joke. That was the 2nd weak of the season when all the gloss was still on them. If it wasn't for 2 big stands on D, we lose that game when AP scores a TD. Odds are if Crowder is in there...AP scores. Yeah...I said it.

15. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    actually.....rice is out, no moss, harvin was questionable to play.....so yes. the vikings were very much in disarray

16. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    well no....the point is you said edds would unseat crowder as starting ilb for our 3-4 defense.....and use crowder being an ok player.....to base that on....when we have no proof, edds is not worse....

makes no sense bro. i understand crowder being average. but blind statements like the one about someone whos never played the position at this level unseating a consistent starter in the nfl is just that....blind hate.

dolphindebby likes this.
  17. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

:lol: Why do I need solid evidence about something I said was "IMO"? I mean i thought Ted Ginn would be a #1 WR!

Yes Crowder is consistent.....consistently AVERAGE.

18. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    I don't know what to tell you if you don't understand the fact that we played not only better football teams. But much better offenses when Crowder came back. And yes, Vikings and Favre have been in disarray since the beginning of season. The same offense that score a total of 19 points their first 2 games of the season.

You make stats say anything almost.

19. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    thats true. nevermind carry on :lol::tongue2:

20. Nappy Roots

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Also, wanna talk about stats before and after Crowder. How about this stat. Even with Buffalo in game one we gave up an average of 119 yards per game on the ground before Crowder.

Since his return, 96 yards per game....

Owned!!!!!!

21. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
  22. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    SICK and Stringer Bell like this.
  23. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    did you see Crowder sucking *** on Sunday? You don't have to go any farther than the second play of the game to see his completely lame attempt to go after Flacco. He is slow as dirt. Runs like he has cement shoes. On the McGahee TD he was way out of position tried to recover and fell he then knocked one of our defenders to the ground. This guy has the awareness of a 10 year old girl on the football field. He is always out of position and is always getting knocked on his butt. I've watched him run around blocks for over 5 years and never I mean never see him run over anyone. Hell mike bell a third string RB killed the loser out there last year. It happens every Sunday Crowder has no structure and is completely lost out there. Time to upgrade this miserable waste of space now please. Another year of Channing "I don't have a clue" Crowder and my head will explode.

24. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    then i hope we keep crowder :shifty::tongue2:

unluckyluciano and Killerphins like this.
  25. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    :lol: You think I didn't see that coming right after I hit submit......

SICK likes this.
  26. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    this whole episode seems to have been forgotten with the whole qb carousel and the Titans game... McClain didn't get ANY fine for spitting in Crowder's face and even acknowledged that while he was having his "disagreement" spit flew out of his mouth on "accident"... are you kidding me? WTF... Had this been Jake Long, it wouldn't have been forgotten by the masses. Now I'm not a big Crowder fan at all, but he's still a Dolphin... this is unacceptable.

27. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

I wish I could spit in this thread's face...