1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Curious as to what Gase would have done if Williams had gone of bounds?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by NyPhinfan, Dec 24, 2016.

1. NyPhinfan

NyPhinfan Season Ticket Holder

Dec 21, 2007
    Damien Williams gives me more agita at the end of these games with his lack of clock awareness but with that said...if he runs out of bounds its probably 4th and 4 or a 57 yd FG attempt. What do you think Gase does? FG all the way or do we go for it on 4th and 4? My gut tells me we probably would have gone for it. I think the clock running and no timeouts pushed his hand a little. Thoughts?

2. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Tough to really know. I honestly thought we were in four-down territory with just enough time to try the fourth.

You only have so many plays. Would have to be a throw to the sidelines, I guess. I forget how much time was in the clock. Maybe around 20 seconds or so?

I don't know. Zero timeouts. I guess only the coach would know given he's seen him all year.

Maybe Williams knew the call was going to be a FG attempt all along and he was trying his damnedest to get those extra few yards, which turned out to really help.

Those few yards turned out to be the ticket.

Damn fine FG by Franks given the conditions and the situation!

NyPhinfan and mnfinfan like this.