1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cut Ross Some Slack!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GARDENHEAD, Jan 9, 2009.

Tags:
  1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I'm getting kinda sick of everyone talking about how much they dislike and distrust Ross. He has done nothing to merit this type of negativity.

All he's done is express a willingness to buy the Dolphins. We all would do the exact same thing if we were Billionaires. So what if he's friends with Carl Peterson and invited him to the playoff game? He invited Jon Bon Jovi to the game as well. I hate Bon Jovi more than I hate Peterson, but I won't hold it against Ross.

Let's all just chill out and see what he does before we kill the guy. Jeez.

unluckyluciano and Georgia Fin like this.
  2. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    You lost your pitchfork didn't you.:lol:

J.K. I agree, it's a long offseason let's see what happens.

3. jupiterfin

jupiterfin Mild Irritant

Nov 29, 2007
    Jupiter Florida
    In a situation as unique as ours, it's seems like a rookie owner would keep the status quo. If I, and most Dolphin fans, were in his position, we would have come out immediately and supported Parcells 100% in whatever he wanted to do. Inviting a well known, recently fired, GM to a home playoff game while the team's front office is mired in controversy was a huge mistake. I don't care if they have known eachother for 20+ years, Ross should have had the smarts to not add fuel to the rumor mill.

I also am sickened by the fact that he has been offering 2% ownership stakes in the Dolphins for 25 mil, it pisses me off to think we could have a majority owner with 50%, and up to 25 other small share owners.

To me, Ross is starting off here in a bad way.

4. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    1. He has supported Parcells 100%. When should he have first stated support for Parcells? Remember, nothing has been triggered yet. The team has not been sold. He's a guy who wants to buy the team. Should I state my support for beer today or tomorrow. Parcells took a 1-15 team and took it to the playoffs. Supporting Parcells is a given. Should he publically support Sparano and Ireland and Penny and Carpenter too?

2. The Peterson on the sidelines thing is ABSURD. Do you think Robert DeNiro would be upset or threatened if Scorcese invited Steven Van Zandt on the set of a movie they are working on cause Scorcese and VanZant are friends? Of course not. DeNiro and Parcells are GODS in their respective industries. VanZandt has a quality career, but he's no threat to Bobby Freaking DeNiro!!! Come on. Parcells is a big boy. He knows he's in another class than Peterson.

3. Billionaires like Ross and Huizinga don't care about the rumor mill. Its not even on their radar. I'm sure once Ross learned about all this hullaballoo, that's when he stated his support for Parcells.

4. As for the 2% thing, plenty of teams are owned by multiple people with a majority owner controlling things. I believe Philly is like that and they've been wildly successful. Green Bay is owned by the people of the city. This multiple ownership point is immaterial.

5. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Steven Van Zandt can go wherever he so pleases.

You do make a good point though. He's hasn't done anything to merit negativity, but there are things that seem to be brewing behind the scenes that can make fans understandably nervous.

And by the way, I blame the loss all on Bon Jovi.

6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    OK brother, i will let up on him, i still disagree with peterson at the game whilst knowing the fans were uneasy about the bs parcells rumor, but i guess your right.

I would love for him to do a presser and just speak to us honestly about the transition, it would let me know that hes taking our pulse. a good business man would do something like that to get in the good graces of your fans, if their happy your pockets will be happy.

Vaark, calphin, PMZQ and 3 others like this.
  7. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

i read somewhere that parcells loyalty to ireland is what is making him want to stay.