1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Damn it Dion...great article.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Jul 7, 2014.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    http://chipwagon.typepad.com/eagles...ns-2013-season-part-2-outside-linebacker.html

This, is one of my favorite spots for Dion Jordan, I've been saying it all along, plant that mother in the middle of the defense and let him go N.S.E.W.. On passing situations, screw having Ellerbe or wheeler on the field..let Dion roam the bloodzone...he can blitz, drop, read the flats and explode, and protect the seam..

I'd like our nickel to have Dion and Jelani running around.

2. Phoenician Fan

Phoenician Fan Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    I think there has been a few of us calling for Dion to play the role of ,"Joker," since the day he was drafted.

SICK likes this.
  3. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Fantastic article.

4. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    How bout that, you see him in that 3-3-5 just stalking the middle.dude can disrupt that whole area, force everything outside, 6'7 with long extremities and tremendous length, moves like a corner, and has short area explosiveness that covers ground.

Last year he played 75% of his snaps on the Dline..I can think of another 25 % I could of used him in the field and not wide right or left of the Qb.

I wanna win, and I wanna use my players strengths..........on as many downs as possible..

5. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Nice find. The four games to start off will be missed but he should be pumped up and fresh in game #6 against Green Bay when he gets to start. Sad he doesn't even get to use the bye week to benefit himself it's a wasted week off as far as he goes.

6. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I've seen this posted before. :shifty:

CWBIII likes this.
  7. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I think the underlying problem with that as it relates to Dion Jordan, is teams figured out that if you can run the ball, you're going to have a decent chance to beat Miami, and at the very least, make it a close game. Unfortunately for Dion, his biggest weakness is playing the run.

For that reason, I suspect the staff wanted him to bulk up so he could play more defensive end on 1st and 2nd down and still play all over in passing situations. Ultimately, I think if Dion Jordan reaches his potential, his role will be pretty akin to what Jason Taylor played in Nick Saban's defense in 2005-06, plus you can plug and play him wherever in obvious passing situations.

8. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007

Was it in club I forget?

9. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I'm not mad. It's good to get more people to see this, IMO, as it helps exemplify how Miami used him. I posted one article with this in Club and one in the main, but I think that was back when the Dion Jordan trade rumors first started - I think it was before the Draft.

CWBIII and djphinfan like this.
  10. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Good stuff. I like the mixed up Ds that are seen in those slides.

Hopefully, he will be able to fit in this year - it is so frustrating that he screwed up though - he'd be so much further along with a full season. But, we can hope for the best.

11. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

THought this was the scoop on the drug thing. Would love to know what he took.

12. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Steroids... He gained 15lbs of muscle in less than 6 months. For a professional athlete, that's impossible without juice.

13. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Can I see the scientific data that proves your theory?

14. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    You don't know that it Was all muscle..