1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dansby willing to give Cards chance

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Colmax, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    I know this is not really Dolphins related, but he's been the hot topic of discussion the last week. If it's not relevant, mods, please move.

There is also a link at the bottom of the page to listen to his interview.

Link: HERE

2. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Then when he realizes they have no QB and can expect to have a few losing seasons, he signs with Miami. :up:

3. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I think it's quite on topic. ;)

I appreciate a player giving his first team a shot. But they wouldn't give him a long-term deal that past two seasons, regardless of rational. That's big for a player.

But let him come down here and let the big man upstairs work his magic. Players love chatting with Parcells. Especially this Parcells. Let Channing Crowder chat him up. Dude's hilarious. I think he'd definitely be keen to playing next to him.

4. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Landing Dansby would be sweet, but... I'm not holding my breath. However, out of all the 'big name' free agents and possible trades, Dansby is probably the most realistic guy to end up a Phin, IMHO.

I've just got a funny feeling either he stays a Cardinal, or some other club overpays and we lose out in yet another bidding war. However... I'm jaded. Take it for what it's worth.

5. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Of course he's willing to give the Cards a chance: if the largest contract presented to Dansby has "Bidwill" on the letterhead, what does he care? It's the largest contract.

That said, I would be very surprised if Dansby stays in Arizona.

6. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    The thing about Parcells (and company) is that you just never know what they are thinking. The boys in the front office are almost impossible to second guess.

If I were in charge of thins team I would take advantage of the great draft spot in probably the best defensive draft in a decade and get as many picks as possible. I would dump Porter, Pennington, Taylor, and Ferguson for as many picks as humanly possible. These are all great players that I very attached to but are aging and will not take us to the big game. Last year we went thought the DB's and this year it's time to go through the LB's and NT's.

This won't be a popular statement because I just love Ricky Williams but I would seriously think about trading him as well for draft picks. Ricky is my favorite player on this team but he admitted that this is his last year and he has a big name that would draw much attention / draft picks. Besides, with Lex Hillard emerging, what is Ricky doing that Lex can't?

I say dump the dead wood, and draft the living hell out of the 12th spot. We won't be in this draft position again for an aweful long time, lets take full advantage of it. I'd just love to see Dansby in Miami but, I think I'd rather see someone come to Miami who is used to playing in the cold weather on turf. NE, NYJ and BUF aren't exactly tropical in November.

7. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I think you mean "[t]he boys in the front office are almost impossible to predict."

To second guess means to doubt after the fact. It's quite easy to second guess this front office, given the free agency moves they've made: Ernest Wilford, Eric Green, and Gibril Wilson all come to mind. It's possible we've overpaid for Jake Grove, Justin Smiley, and Vernon Carey. They've had their share of draft troubles as well: Patrick Turner, Pat White, Shawn Murphy, Chris Clemons, Jalen Parmele, Phillip Merling...

8. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    When they drafted Pat White I almost fell over backwards in disgust, and here we are, a full year later with all of his 10 plays in the book for negative yards and we still have no idea what he is doing on this roster.

The wild cat was fun to watch but distracted the team and its players from the fundamentals of the game because they are trying to make it their full time offense instead of leaving it to the red zone with a tackle eligible.

I see at least 14 people on this roster that don't belong there and trading them could free up a ton of draft picks and roster spots. We have a golden opportunity that I am sure they will turn bronze. Hind sight is always 20/20 but looking forward they are clueless.

Look at how long they kept Wolford around when he was non-productive stooge. I have no idea what this front office is doing or thinking and heading into the draft, that's a scary thing. .

9. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Not a very stupid idea for Dansby...Makes a lot of sense. He'll listen to whoever comes in with the biggest change-purse...Is this really news ?? Not a shot on you Colmax, just in the article itself...

gunn34 likes this.
  10. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Don't know about 14 tradables, but no doubt that we have holes, both in bodies and in talent. As for Wilford, his contract had most to do with why he was here as long as he was. There is a point to which these guys have their hands tied under the cap and it's ramifications. Of course, they created that caveat themselves with the signing in the first place.

As for the WC, when Brown went down, that ended any chance for it to be nearly as effective as it had been. The WC is a nice formation but needs the right guy to run it. Ronnie was that guy. Just like Brad Smith is that guy in Baltimore, but others seem to have issues running the formation. It'll never be a staple of any offense, but it can be a changeup that is effective.

And I couldn't agree with you more about the White pick. I've kept waiting for this monster WC guy to be unleashed and he couldn't even fill that bill... I hate to say this, but it was (and is) my candidate for the annual 'Eddie Moore' award for the biggest draft guffaw of each draft.

11. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    I want to see the Dolphins draft McClain in the worst way, but if we did sign Dansby, I could then entertain the thought of - say - a Brandon Graham at #12, or - God Willing - a Dez Bryant.

But then part of me imagines Dansby and McClain in the middle and wonders how any running back in this league expects to run for more than 3 yards against us on any given play - and that would be considered good! Think Dansby and a young Ray Lewis. Talk about night and day from last year!

12. sergiomiguel2

sergiomiguel2 New Member

Feb 17, 2010
    What if we signed Dansby and traded Crowder to them...ala Sign Grove and trade Satele????

Wouldn't that be sweet, and then we could draft McLain or Spikes

and later draft Thomas GT WR in the draft in the 3rd or 4th cause of his injury and draft another project WR just in case

and somehow land a potentially gifted NT in the draft

I might be reaching for the sky on this one

13. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    he is just paying respect to the team that he came up with, pretty classy, however he isnt signing back with them..however this scares me....that's alot of scratch guaranteed!!!

The Pro-Bowl caliber linebacker is seeking $30M in guarantees, with the Giants, Dolphins, Redskins, and Chargers tops on his list of potential landing spots.

14. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    worth it?

15. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Cardinals will not place franchise tag on Karlos Dansby, according to team source
    http://www.azcentral.com/sports/car...0100218cardinals-karlos-dansby-franchise.html

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=167838

16. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Et tu, Larryfinfan? Then fall Colmax....

:lol:

17. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    I think we should pass on Dansby, and here's my reasoning.

(This info came from NFL.com........)

Karlos Dansby | #58 | ILB
    Height: 6-4 Weight: 250 Age: 28 Born: 11/3/1981 Birmingham , AL
    College: Auburn
    Experience: 6th season
    High School: Woodlawn HS [Birmingham, AL]

While this guy is a very solid player he has been a warm weather guy playing on grass throughout his whole career and all of our inner division foes play on cold, wet, turf. They last thing we need is someone to go up to the North East to play NYJ, BUF, NE in December and shiver.

In fact, if you look at our winning percentage in NE, and NYJ since they have turned Gillette Stadium and Giants from grass to turf it hasn't been as good. Even the new Jets stadium is artificial turf.

I think Dansby is a great player but maybe not the best fit for what we want. I'd like to see them get somebody who is accustomed to playing in the environment that we need to excel in.

18. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    wait
    you dont want dansby because he would have to play in the cold on turf
    he might shiver
    :lol:
    that might work for a QB but not a linebacker
    just ridiculous

19. MaddMatt

MaddMatt New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Miami
    You have to be joking. Dansby names 4 team he wants to go to, and then backtracks to his former team. Respect, hell. He is just looking for the most money he can get.

20. phinagan

phinagan New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Nearly half of our games each year are played in 'cold weather' conditions.. You want to avoid picking up a talent like Dansby because he'll be shivering??? or on turf???:up: Wow...

21. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    I am sorry if the truth offends you, but the footing on grass is way different than on cold turf, especially if it's wet and cold turf like you will find in Buffalo. If Dansby has been playing his whole career on grass he will have a very tough time. He is a warm weather, grass player, he's good at it, and he should stick to it.

Ever been to Buffalo in December? There aint no Palm trees up there guys and someone from the desert south west isn't gonna cut it in 10 degrees. Dansby is a great player, but not a great fit.

Personally I'd draft my LB's and stick to a cold weather team like Ohio State, Penn State or Michigan. Penn State has a couple of good ILB's in the draft, I'd look hard at them. We need this draft for defensive positions and one more for misc picks and we will totally rebuilt. In 2011 we should be in the SB.

22. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    You mean he was using his "interest" in the Dolphins as leverage? *Gasp*