1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dare I pick Minnesota to win it all?

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by ATVZ400, Jun 23, 2008.

1. TrueDolFan

TrueDolFan Minion of Satan

Jun 17, 2008
    Twin Cities, MN
    The Vikings will never win with Tavaris Jackson as their QB. I guarantee it.

I watched every game he's ever played (living in MN, I naturally watch Vikings games, if only to root against them!), and I can tell you that he is a few years away from never playing in the NFL again. He is a decent scrambler, and he has a strong arm, but that's it. All other aspects of quarterbacking he is terribly lacking. I can't tell you how many times he's had a guy WIDE open down the field, and couldn't see it. He is painful (and funny) to watch.

2. vmarcilfan75

vmarcilfan75 blah...blah...blah... Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    goodthing the Vikings will rely on AP and The Defense.
    TJ justs needs to not make too many mistakes. If Dilfer can win a Super Bowl so can Jackson

3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Eh, I wouldn't say that. He has reportedly improved a whole lot this off-season while working with Rich Gannon. The guy will get better over time. I think if he plays ok, not turning the ball over in critical situations and making the right throws which I believe he is capable of, they could get to the big game and possibly win it.

4. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    All they need is a QB that is smart with the football and I can see them winning it all with that backfield. They also might have the best front 7 in football.

5. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Anyone else surprised he only seems to be focusing on NFC teams as having a shot at the Super Bowl? What about the Colts, Chargers, or Cheatriots?

6. TrueDolFan

Jun 17, 2008
    Twin Cities, MN
    I'm TELLING you guys, he's a bum. The Vikings running game was the best in the NFL last year. Their passing game was 28th. When the running game comes as easy as it did to the Vikings last year, it theoretically should have opened up their passing game. It didn't. Their passing game was a disgrace. The Dolphins passing game was better last year, for christ's sake. That should be enough to tell you right there that Jackson is terrible.

He can "reportedly" improve all he wants. We'll see this season if he ACTUALLY improved. Fat chance, he's a bum.

7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I'm not saying your wrong. Their passing game was bad last year but it can improve. We'll see if he does improve.

8. TrueDolFan

Jun 17, 2008
    Twin Cities, MN

My guess is that Frerotte will be starting by week 7.

9. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Maybe.

All I know is that the guy can improve as others can. Also, the QB's they brought in were brought in to be backups and nothing more according to Childress I believe it was. He stated that they have all the confidence in Jackson and expect him to be the signal caller of the team.

EDIT: To add to my replies, he has 14 games under his belt. That's not even a full season. If he fails to improve this season, I will admit that you were correct and that my belief in him was incorrect.

10. Crunkcore

Crunkcore The Crunk One

Jun 17, 2008
    With improved QB play, they may have a chance. As long as their running game was as good as last years.

11. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I don't think their running game will be as good as last years. They still will be productive no doubt, but teams will likely focus on AP and Taylor more and try to force Jackson to beat them with his arm. Peterson burst on to the scene. One time I can remember that a team focused in on him was San Francisco. They played eight or nine men in the box and held Peterson to 1 yard on 14 carries.

I agree. I still think that Green Bay will be in this with Rodgers back there. I think he will be a pretty good Quarterback with him. They could be better off with him than Brett Favre because he likely won't throw balls up there for the hell of it, causing turnovers like Favre did. Then again, they could be worse off because of some of the plays he did make. Green Bay could win nine or ten games this year but if Jackson is improved somewhat, Minnesota could be looking at 11 or 12 win season.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  12. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    I think you need to have at least an ok QB but whi knows he coould be good this year

13. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Why not?

All Tavaris Jackson has do to is game manage the game .. I.E. Do not make too many mistakes. If he can limit his big moment mistakes / interceptions, the Vikings will win the NFC North and challenge for the Super Bowl.