1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Darius Hodge suspended for PED

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Dec 19, 2021.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    The NFL announced it has suspended Dolphins edge rusher Darius Hodge two games for violating the league’s policy on performance-enhancing substances.

Hodge is eligible to return to the Dolphins’ active roster on Tuesday, Dec. 28, following the team’s Week 16 game at New Orleans.

The Dolphins claimed Hodge off waivers from the Bengals on Nov. 5. He has yet to even dress for a game with Miami.

He did appear in four games for the Bengals, seeing action on six defensive snaps and 13 on special teams before they waived him.

KeyFin likes this.
  2. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I didn't even know he was on the team.

Tin Indian and Ronnie Bass like this.
  3. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Neither did I. But it was “news”. I guess the news was he was on the team for us. LoL.

4. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    LOL, same here. I was thinking, "That stinks...who the heck is he?!?"

I'll tell you though, I like this movement by Flores to bring in troubled players and give them a 2nd lease on life in the NFL. A few didn't work out and we lost nothing by trying, but it looks like a few young men have also turned their life around to some extent because of their stay with us as well. To me, this is more than just a football thing and I am proud of having a coach that wants to help troubled youth get on the right track.

5. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Glad you saw that. Others are like “I thought only character guys” but it’s one of the things Belick uses to a great degree.
    -
    If they don’t work out, nothing lost, nothing gained. If they do work out, they slobber all over him like he’s a genius. He takes a chance. The key is the 1st sign of trouble cut bait. You tried. But when they hit, they love the team for “helping” them out of a tough situation.

KeyFin likes this.